Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[805] Praise & Positivity

Discussion in 'Episode 805 - The Big Scary U' started by GrungeMan, Nov 16, 2017.

1. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Give a big scary praise here

2. batongal

batongal Active Member

Loved Negan's Death Eaters meeting. His end of the tabletop gnarled and dented was the icing on the cake.
    Daryl reprising Shane's illegal chokehold on Rick lol. Seems he was carrying that payback around for a couple years. Which brings about the point that Daryl has come full circle, back to season 1. Him up against everyone, relentlessly fighting any way, any how. The point of Rick's line, "chokehold's illegal, asshole" was to remind Daryl that he's becoming like Shane.

#2 batongal, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Just off the top of my head.....

Fr. Gabe / SethGilliam - I just love when Seth Gilliam gets to flex his acting muscles

Negan / Jeffrey Dean Morgan - I always prefer the "quiet" Negan more so than the grandiose Negan moments. In the trailer with Gabe was awesome

Hopefully last nights episode was a sign of more to come from Austin/Dwight - love the actor and the character. Will say it again, I find Dwight to be one of the more interesting characters from both last season and current season

More to write after a few cups of coffee have been consumed

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

HELICOPTER!!!!!

5. Lindigo

Negan and Gabe made their way back to safety though some truly wonderfully gaunt zombies.

Eugene and his pickle pun conversation with Dwight and thoughtfully rubbing his thumb with the red paint.

Eerie conversation with Negan asking Simon if he is backsliding. Kudos to the Talking Dead guest's speculation. I can say no more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I didnt see talking dead. Can you say what the guest's speculation was?

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Eugene/Dwight/Gabe - this could possibly be the best tv trio EVAH!!! If it goes the way I am hoping. I wait with great anticipation for the rescue of one Doctor Carson 2.0

That Rick and Daryl fight. Tensions running high, opposing views. One guy is the more pragmatic, the other guy is known for his knee jerk reactions. I think it was unexpected way to illustrate yet another fissure in the alliance. I do hope it plays out a bit more, that we get to see a true rift between these two and their ideologies.

Seth Gilliam - dude is awesome

Would love to see a bit of discord explored in depth within the secondary ranks of the saviors.

8. calliope

calliope Active Member

In the trailer, Negan spoke to Gabe about how chaotic and dysfunctional the Sanctuary was before he arrived to take over from the leader who preceded him. Then, in the board meeting Negan asked Simon twice if they were "backsliding?"

The guest, whose name escapes me, speculated that the dysfunctional prior leader might have been Simon. It was an excellent thought! Both the guests on Talking Dead this week were unusually perceptive. Clearly they are real fans of the show. The male guest also had the interesting first name of Desus!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lindigo

Sure. I just should use the spoiler box. It adds wonderful character depth if it pans out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

One of the things that stood out to me most in this episode was the wonderful use of subtlety.

For example, I felt as if Simon was coaching Gregory and grooming him for his meeting with Negan, almost as if Simon was delighted to present Gregory (and the possibility of ceasing the war before it starts) as an offering to Negan - which may explain his extreme disappointment in Mercy. I think Simon either wants to prove his ability as a secondary commander because he desperately wants to impress Negan or usurp him. I can't tell.

Gavin being so over everything is hilarious. All he needs to do is continue to lament "Jesus Christ" every time he walks through a door and my ratings for the episode will be at least a 7.

Also the subtle exchange between Dwight and Eugene and the tacit assumptions behind every glance and cryptic comment they make to one another. Watching Dwight improvise in order to save himself, but also inadvertently draw Eugene into the equation was very fascinating. I am sure Dwight is not entirely convinced that Eugene would cooperate with his double agent plans, so I appreciate his hesitance to really say anything beyond defending Eugene's rebuttal at the meeting.

Negan and Gabriel stole the show.