Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[805] U Better Rate it!!

Discussion in 'Episode 805 - The Big Scary U' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 19, 2017.

?

Rate it

1. 10

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. U know, this episode was scary good.

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. 8

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. 7

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. 6

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. U coulda done better..

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. U gotta be kidding me

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

or else what? whatchU gonna do?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I give tonight's episode an 8.

I liked seeing the Savior's point of view when Rick's forces showed up. Then there's the shocking fight between Rick and Daryl. I don't think anyone saw that fight coming. And we finally got some bits of Negan's back story. Pretty solid episode.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

test me

5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I gave this episode a 7.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan sold this episode. It was great to see him intimidating again instead of grinning, leaning back, and quoting censored versions of Negan's comic book dialogue.

I liked the scenes between Negan and Gabriel. It was ironic that they wound up cooperating better than Rick and Daryl.

My favorite moment was when Negan—covered in walker guts—opened the trailer door...and stood calmly as the walkers staggered inside.

I also enjoyed Negan's speech to the Saviors. Gabriel looked to be in awe of him. I'd say Gabriel was ready to join the Saviors...but it turns out he was bit.

I'm glad to finally see some animosity between Daryl and Rick, but I'm upset it took a war to finally bring that out, instead of obvious incidents like Merle's death or Rick exiling Carol.

One thing that bothered me was Rick seeing the helicopter, which was obviously a nod to the helicopter from S1. I'm tired of Gimple's art house tricks, and now I'm tired of these nods to moments from seasons past. We're fans. We don't need to be reminded of who these characters are and what they've gone through.

#5 Rapscallion, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

I give it an 8. Ditto everything @Rapscallion said cause I'm too lazy to write lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. cycles

cycles Member

7 for me.

I loved the dialog between Gabriel and Negan. That made the episode for me. Great performance by both actors.

Negan’s capacity to intimidate the Saviors and the workers was impressive. He seems ominous again.

The fight between Rick and Daryl made very little sense. Daryl’s plan was terrible. He herds walkers on his motorcycle but he thinks Negan’s team will be overrun by walkers coming through a hole in their fence?

I am unclear as to how many saviours and workers there are in the sanctuary. Perhaps it was budget constraints but there appeared to be very few there.

A helicopter?

Is Rick is walking towards the Heap/Dump?

• Like Like x 1
  8. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

The Negan/Fr Gabriel scenes were excellent. Finally provided insight into the way Negan sees himself, the Saviors, and their purpose. This was the best Fr. Gabe has been. Also interesting to see the fragile balance that holds the Saviors together, and how they all are glad Negan is there to save them and run it. Looking forward to the Eugene/Dwight dynamic continuing.
    Only negative part was the Raryl tussle. "Choke holds illegal asshole". These 2 will be back hand in hand by the end of the season. Oh, and I hope this helicopter actually had a point to being there.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

I scored it low. I gave it a three, but it hovers between a three and a four.

I freakin hate Negan. I know we supposed to because he's the bad guy. But, I hate him because I hate him. I hate everything about him. So, anytime he shows up, I sigh a little hate sigh, and get ready to be bored and miserable.

Gabriel was not bitten, guys. Negan was boring him telling him how people get sick from wearing walker guts. It probably would have been a good idea to throw that in a time or two during the eight years we've all watched this show, so it wouldn't look like such an obvious plot bomb. But, that's what we're watching.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I gave it a 6. Better than last week, but still left me unsatisfied. JDM is a great actor, why do they not give him the material he deserves? Even his backstory seemed very superficial. The fight between Rick and Darryl came up as if from nowhere.

Gimple writes treats the show is a comic book. It isn't. Remember how well written the Governor was? Totally crazy and evil but he was more than that, we saw his heart and we understood him. We get a single sentence from Negan about being a teacher, then about his wife, and that's it?

12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Out of the first five episodes this season this one is # 5 for me. Not a fan of TV Negan. So I'll just leave it at that.

Really like the job Steven Ogg is doing as Simon, but they'll probably kill him off anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

SIGHHHHHH, I'm afraid so.

We actually had a few good eps, here, but now we've had to endure Negan and next up, the heapsters. Right here at Christmas, too. What are they trying to do, ruin the holidays for me?

14. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Fight with Rick and Daryl - stupid.
    Humour attempt after it - also stupid.
    Thank God for Negan and his sh*ttin pants.
    I enjoyed the short glimpse into his past when he was confessing...

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmmm HMMMMMMMM this is a difficult one for me

Rick and Daryl fight - another show of conflict within the alliance. Okay, I can deal with that. Might make Daryl's character at least a bit more interesting

Gabe/Eugene/Dwight - could this be the magnificent trifecta??????

Negan - shmeh, stated earlier I have a like/hate relationship with this character. And while I enjoy JDM when he is having a "quiet" Negan moment it is his over the top narratives and raised voice with a staccato edge to it that drive me bonkers - enough!

Simon - always a delight

Regina - Would be fun to delve a bit deeper into a baddie who happens to be female. Let her and Arat head up a mission together - that would be interesting

I give it a 7.5...now the question is do I up it 8 or drop it to 7 for sake of the poll?

Decisions decisions decisions

• Like Like x 1
  16. calliope

calliope Active Member

Have we seen Arat at all? I wonder if the actress has moved on and Regina is her replacement?

17. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

That's my guess. But, I certainly wasn't attached to her. They could have slapped a bar code tattoo on this chick and I wouldn't have cared enough to even notice.

18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

She was in this episode - she's right here behind Simon's left shoulder:

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Another solid 9.

This episode really brought back the kind of dialogue that really engaged me with the show in Season 1 & 2. I often miss characters having authentic conversations with one another.

... Which is why I am disappointed with Rick and Daryl. I enjoyed the scene overall, particularly Daryl showing more emotion than his usual grunts, but the dialogue felt too unrealistic. Like when did Daryl all of the sudden co-sign indiscriminate killing? The writers should have made Daryl focus on a still dumb plan that Rick could disagree with that wasn't so brutal regarding the workers.

20. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, she is seen in a few shots in the meeting room, as well as out in the hallway when the workers start to rebel.