Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[807] Time To Rate It After

Discussion in 'Episode 807 - Time for After' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 30, 2017.

?

Rate it

1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. they really nailed it this time

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. 8

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. 7

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. 6

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  6. 5

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  10. Afterbirth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

take the time

2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I had 5... Sasha flashbacks made me change it to a 6

3. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

Gave it a 6. The Saviors scenes were interesting. Great writing and acting for the characters of Eugene, Dwight, and Negan.

Rest of the episode was irritating. Daryl is now repeatedly the hot head that attacks without thinking and screws the group. First Glenn paid for his stupidity, now all of Alexandria will. Rick needs to get him under control or end him. And Michone not trying to stop him is out of character.

The Garbage Pail Kids were unnecessary at best.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. TROR

TROR Member

Loved the ending shot of Rick's face. Andrew Lincoln does a great job at just looking absolutely horrified. The zooming in made it perfect.

Anyways that's all I liked about this weird episode. I gave it a four because the rating means nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

Nothing i really dislked about. Nothing great either.

I may piss people off, but I hate the stupid dialog they give Eugene

• Like Like x 1
  6. cycles

cycles Member

I gave it a five. This was a disappointing episode for me. Very little of it made logical sense, even in a show about zombies. Daryl’s plan was awful - the saviors didn’t get where they are today by not knowing how to handle a horde of zombies. Rick’s fight with the heapsters was too easy. His offer to the heapsters wasn’t logical. The heapsters never make much sense.

This episode was Eugene-centric (perhaps as a setup for him to do something good later on) but his personal dilemma seems weak compared to others. Michonne lost her husband, Rick has a baby to protect, Carol lost her children, Morgan lost his wife, Maggie lost Glenn, Gabriel betrayed his flock, Aaron lost Eric, Ezekiel lost most of his people and so on. Compared to what others have faced in this Zombie world, Eugene has faced little real pain or loss. I can’t really empathize with him the way I can with other characters on the show.

#6 cycles, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I gave it a 5. If it was that easy to kill all the walkers why didn't the saviors do it earlier? And pretty stupid how daryl learned NOTHING from getting Glenn killed, he's doing the exact same. The are just repeating his storylines. Worst episode this season

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I have to give this one an A for Awful. As a half naked Rick led that walker around on a stick in the junkyard all I could think of was how the Hell could they have let the show get this bad.

9. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I would love to give it a 6, but i find the garbage people annoying, and add nothing to the plot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the episode. I give it a 9. Yeah that's right....I said a 9

Dwight is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Austin Amelio is awesome and the chemistry between him and Josh is a great deal of fun to watch.

Last season I continually came to the defense of Rosita and tonight my steadfastness paid off in spades motherf*ck*rs!! She, along with myself, believe in Rick Grimes (too bad Daryl and Tara do not!)

Oh Eugene, Eugene, Eugene - I am really channeling the cowardly lion from Wizard of Oz in your name - hoping that you soon find your courage!! That said, Josh McDermitt was amazing tonight. His ability to spit out that Eugene dialogue as quickly as he does is a thing to behold, urhm listen to!

Jadis - look she might be annoying AF but I give the girl props for trying her damndest to get Rick out of those boxers. Can't blame her on that front!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I rated it a 9 last night, and here's the because:

Eugene. As cowardly as he is, and as frustrated as hell I am toward him, this makes him interesting. He's not a Daryl, Rick, Michonne, Maggie, Rosita, etc...he's scared sh*tless and he's trying to survive. We all want those moments where he musters up courage and saves the day, but I think the route they are going with him is much more realistic. This episode showed pretty clearly just how much these decisions and his fear are tearing him up inside. What a great performance by Josh McD. I love how he measured out his 1.5 oz of wine and then said f*ck it and started downing the entire bottle. I am happy that they showed more than what I originally thought when reading the Q&A spoilers. After reading that, I had all but given up hope for Eugene.

Also, as much as I hate the Garbage Pail Kids, believe it or not I liked these scenes. Maybe because I loved watching Rick kick all their asses lol. The bargaining between Rick & Jadis at the end was awesome. "Fourth. Fourth." That's right b*tch, that's all you get. :p

Unlike @Dnae I gave Rosita a lot of flack for her decisions last season, so I'm happy to see she learned her lesson and didn't help go through with Daryl's assenine plan. I was hoping when Michonne backed out he would come to his senses. I was also happy to see Michonne back out, not because Rick said so but because she knew it was idiotic. At the same time though, she and Rick are still on the same page which is good.

One thing I found really interesting: If you think about it, Daryl crashing the garbage truck caused more damage than it was worth, but it saved Eugene lol. When Dwight shot Eugene's iPod distraction contraption down, he was back to the drawing board and Negan threatened to kill him if he didn't succeed. The garbage truck caused a distraction and another way for Eugene to say "hey i can help fix this..." Maybe, fingers crossed, this will also allow Eugene another chance. Even if ultimately the garbage truck will cause more harm than good (as we saw in the final minutes and in the preview for next week), maybe it will at least be an opportunity for Eugene to step up.

I loved Rick's face at the end when he saw the garbage truck. I said out loud "Way to go Daryl." lol

• Like Like x 4
  12. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

@Dnae & @Jen7

Right there with you. I give this a 9. Great episode.

1) This episode provided some of the best character development we've seen, potentially more so than "Some Guy" - and what was so pleasant about the episode was the surprise that a character who I thought didn't need so much more time on screen to develop could still be explored so dynamically and well. Simply put... Eugene hates himself right now in my opinion. It's quite interesting that he would sit across Gabriel and Dwight in this episode. The former had projected and displaced much of his inner anguish on Rick and the gang in a very "Fifth column" way when arriving to Alexandria and the latter is fighting against his own weaknesses in serving Negan to bring redemption into his life... Very deliberate character interactions that really give Eugene a chance to look into the mirror so to speak...

Ultimately, he's struggling with reconciling his pre-ZA identity, logic, and rationale against his post-ZA emotional development having bonded with people in a way that was probably more meaningful than any interactions Pre-ZA. He's actively trying to distance himself from the group because he's confused or frustrated with how having a family/friends makes him feel and how emotions in his mind get people killed and are irrational.. I also agree that another salient motivation is that he probably thinks Rick wouldn't forgive him - which could also lead to his inner turmoil and drinking... This episode definitely inspired hate & sympathy in equal parts.

2) I am so conflicted over Daryl and Tara's action. I definitely agree that there was a successful and unsuccessful element of this plan. On it's face, it succeeded and actually saved Eugene allowing him to have more time to come up with yet another plan to prevent Negan executing him - BUT it's that very plan in itself that make Taryl's plan so unsuccessful... This is speculation, but Eugene may not have thought of manufacturing bullets and freeing the saviors without the pressure produced from a walker invasion inside the ground floor... It's this new idea from Eugene that allows Negan a new tactical opportunity to bring the war to Rick... Taryl could not forsee this, but again - another example of Daryl's impulsivity leading to tragedy.

3) Shout outs to Rosita for her amazing dialogue demonstrating growth and patience and for speaking reason to Michonne. She jumped up like 5 rungs in the favorite character ladder.

4) So much more to mention, but yeah - awesome episode!

• Winner Winner x 5
  13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I hadn't even considered the part in bold - Eugene may think that even if he did help Dwight, he has no home to go back to.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have been pulling for Rosita since last season.....glad to see her character develop and grow

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I was on the fence. I understood where she was coming from, but was dissapointed - especially because I LOVED Sasha and was mad to see her go. I am so glad they're turning her character around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Yeah he might have a "damned if I do, damned if I dont" outlook on the situation. It also just probably hurts to know the people he still cares about might hate him... Adding to the whole "traveling companions" bs distancing himself emptionally from the group to lessen his emotional pain...

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Sasha was my favorite female character! I loved her since she stepped out of the woods wielding her shovel. I shed more tears for Sasha's death than even Abe's or Glenn's

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Yeah, it gets pretty hard to listen to after a while. Especially when he has a lot of screen time.

19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Any episode that includes the garbage pail kids annoys me no end. The stupid Yoda language is just soooooooooooo stupid.

20. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

I have never, outside a literature class maybe, ever heard anyone use the word "shan't". And "giggle juice," give me a break.

In my 56 years I've been around my fair share of oddballs, but nobody talks like that.

Shan't for crying out loud. Soon he'll probably say "I fain wad lie down."

• Funny Funny x 2