Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[807] Time To Rate It After

Discussion in 'Episode 807 - Time for After' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 30, 2017.

?

Rate it

1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. they really nailed it this time

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. 8

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. 7

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. 6

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  6. 5

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  10. Afterbirth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Glenn was what really killed me because the character just really resonated with me and he was such a genuine guy. My wife was most devastated by Sasha too though. Especially because she loves the Donny Hathaway song Sasha was listening to as she slipped in and out of consciousness, so it was extra emotional. We love to re-watch old episodes online or catch a random re-run on AMC here and there, but I refuse to rewatch 7x01 (and to a certain extent 6x16) and she refuses to rewatch 7x16... We just block those episodes out haha

• Like Like x 1
  2. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

No worse or better than last week. Good to see michonne again but Rosita? What is her purpose? I want to hate Eugene but I can't he is a weak individual who is aware of his weaknesses, acted so well by JM.
    I REALLY am sick of That thirsty bitch Janis, somebody please shoot her before she sexually assaults Rick.

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It took me MONTHS to bring myself to re-watch 701 and I have not watched it again. I also have a difficult time re-watching 616 simply because for me it was such a heart pounding/racing episode. I loved the cat and mouse aspect!

And your wife has excellent taste in not only characters, but music as well!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

He's made himself an awfully hard bed. When he fell in with the Saviors, which I didn't blame him for doing, he was confident that their tyrannical ways would always keep him in pickles. Negan promised him he would never have to be afraid, again. That was just what he needed to hear. Negan read him well.

That was then, this is now. Negan's kingdom is going to fall; it's just a matter of when. Negan is threatening to kill him, couched, of course, as a kindness, and Alexandria's people aren't having kind thought about him.

Where is he to go? What happens to my mullet man when the war is over? I would be drinking, too.

Congrats to Josh for breathing life into this character who could have been so one dimensional! I'm glad he got an episode all his own. I hope it's not a harbinger for something bad.

I agree with the posters upthread about Dwight and Rosita as well. I love Dwight now just as much as I used to hate him. I don't want him to die. I want him to join Alexandria and be happy. And I am so proud of Rosita. We've watched a lot of character development from her. I hope she's there for a long time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. josephmitchell1

I just can't see Eugene being redeemable now. He's gone too far, especially now he has seemingly masterminded the escape from the Sanctuary, and in doing so has caused the apparent attack on Alexandria next episode. I think the only hope he has now is that when he inevitably dies (if not next week, certainly by the end of this series), it's for a decent reason, saving a character like Rosita or Judith, and earning him some minor redemption. I've loved seeing the job Josh has done with the character, but Eugene is too untrustworthy now - the group would just be constantly looking out for the next bus he'd throw them under.

6. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

sigh...I'm afraid you're right. Does anyone know whether Eugene is still alive in the comics? I think he is. But I also think in the comics he only pretended to work for Negan.

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

He won't die this season. He'll get a redemption arc. Sure, he's really gone of the rails, but he's being the Eugene that they all knew he was from the beginning. He lied about being a scientist while his protectors died around him, and the group already knew that Eugene would take on any identity, within any group of people, in the name of self preservation.

Look what we have in TWD's past...Rick had an innocent woman knocked out and tied up to be brought to the governor to face death and/or torture, and now he is bed buddies with that woman. Merle fought on the governor's side for most of a season and left Glenn tied to a chair to be eaten by a walker, and he did it with malice, yet he was eventually allowed into Rick's group and even tasked with an important job.

In the TWD world, he's not beyond a redemption arc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

100% agree. With everything we've seen in this show thus far I can't really say that Eugene is irredeemable. He'll get a redemption arc for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Relating to Eugene's fate in the comics:

10. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I give it a 2.

All I learned this episode was that 1) the writers truly are as lazy as I thought 2) no one but Rick is qualified to lead TF...at least not with how dumbed down TF have become

The writers really are recycling the same crap over again. I have heard from GA members that they feel this show is repetitive, and I never agreed until this season. Maybe I’ve been too blind to see it, or maybe it’s become that glaringly obvious. They are flat out rehashing the same events over again with only slight twists. Examples: Rick’s fight with Winslow 2.0, another recreation of Rick and Jadis bartering for allegiance, Michonne needing to leave ASZ “to see things for herself”, various characters appealing to Eugene to stop being a pathetic traitor. Could they not think of anything better to fill up 8A than recreating moments from season 7? How many characters do we need to see plea for Eugene to change his mind? How many times do I need to see Rick and Jadis go back and forth for a deal? It just felt so repetitive and wasteful.

And the writers have succeeded making me agitated with most of TF, including Michonne. I’m just not understanding why they’ve chosen to write them so regressively. It’s like no one has learned anything at all.....which made the pain and suffering in season 7 pointless. Nobody’s evolved as a character. The only person who showed growth was Rosita (which satisfies me since I stuck by her all this time when the fandom hated her guts). The rest are so selfish it’s unbelievale. At this point they actively sought to screw up the plan with the Sanctuary. Daryl thinks about nobody but himself. Tara’s nonsensical ass too. Then you have Rick, who is willing to go to hell and back for the group....not just for himself. However dumb I think his scheme to win over the Heapsters is, he is always willing to sacrifice himself for the group and the greater good. Can Daryl say the same? I’m honestly disgusted with Daryl right now, and I don’t seee how anyone can approve of what he’s doing. I also think this taints the Rick/Daryl brotherhood for me. Rick’s flawed and imperfect, but nobody can ever say he’s not selfless. Sometimes I think TF don’t deserve Rick....

Which brings me to Michonne. What the hell are they doing with her? It’s as if the writers have zero clue how to fit her into the story, and so they copy/pasted her subplot from 7x05 into 8x06 and 8x07. I feel like I accepted her embarking on her own last season since TF was in a dark place recovering from the trauma of the line up, but for her to do it again and then almost go against the plan with Daryl? Why have they dumbed her down? Michonne has always been written as a strategist, so I honestly do not understand. It seems against her character to leave ASZ defenseless (Judith and Carl there, no less), and almost go against Rick’s plan. It completely contradicts her speech to Rick in 7x08. They established they were on the same page in this war against Negan, so it makes no sense to me why they opted to write her this way.

Tara’s characterization is a hot mess. The huge leap she’s made between being more of a pacifist member of TF to a bloodthirsty hothead is baffling. What event altered her this way? She claimed it was keeping the Oceanside secret, but that feels like a weak copout excuse for such a giant change in personality.

Anyway, I barely paid attention to most of the episode. I zoned out for large gaps, so I can’t even say I remember any more details. I’m bored of Eugene’s turncoat storyline and IDGAF about Jadis and the Heapsters, nor do I think her creepy lusting after Rick is all that entertaining at this point....not when everything else is piss poor quality.

The only two bright points for me were Rosita’s growth/maturity and Rick shirtless in his boxers. It’s a cold day in hell when the only positive I have from a 45+ min episode is purely based on me perving for some Andy eye candy.

This season is easily the worst. I doubt 8B can make up for the craptastic quality of 8A. I’m chalking this season up as a massive, epic fail.

11. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Aside from always looking like a fine example of genetics, her character is showing growth out of her mad vengeance phase. She's calmed and is being rational and has more room to develop as the Savior situation gets more complex.

I like it. I like what they've done with her, except for her hooking up with Spencer. That little weasel didn't deserve such an exceptional lady.

They do need to get Rosita back in that Sarah Connor esque military garb and with her rifle again executing baddies. Mmmm.

12. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

Gotta say it. I think I'm done. I've never said this. I've hung with the show and loved it, warts and all. But if they're doing what I've read they are, I can't anymore. I'm sitting out Sunday night.

13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Ok I hope you find a show you like...bye.