Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[808] Its Gotta Be Rated!!

Discussion in 'Episode 808 - How It's Gotta Be' started by Neuropyramidal, Dec 10, 2017.

?

Gotta Do it

1. 10

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Gonna say 9. How's its Gotta Be.

13 vote(s)
    28.3%
  3. 8

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. 7

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  5. 6

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  6. 5

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  7. 4

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  8. That's Gotta Be the Worst Episode Ever! I spilled muh ginger beer!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  10. 1

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

I gave it 9.

I was pretty caught up in things for the most part.

There are always a couple of things thatdon't make sense, but all in all I liked it.

2. Reina

Reina Active Member

I struggled with rating this episode. There were things that annoyed me, but I keep going back to how beautifully it was done.

Chandler's performance was just fabulous. You can tell he really took care into making us feel what Carl was going through. Stumbling around while the sickness of the bite was consuming him and the music that played. Taking charge and getting all of his family safe. So much of the episode was delivered perfectly.

It angers me that our people are hiding in that hole, though!

One burning question for me: Carl, who taught you to make your letter d that way?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

THANK GOD I am not the only one who noticed that!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I will miss you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

I didn't know Kirkman was suing AMC. Do you know why?

Further down in the threads there are questions about whether it was Chandler's idea to leave the show. I was hoping that was the case. However, from what I've been reading, he was BLINDSIDED by this decision. He had either just signed a new contract or was planning to reup for the three years Gimple has assured him. he was taking a gap year from school so his education wouldn't interfere with his role. And he had just bought a house in the town where the show is filmed. None of that sounds like a young man planning to quit a series.

Gimple called him and his parents in and hit them over the head with the news. Chandler says they were devastated and literally did not know what to do for a few days because they couldn't comprehend what had happened.

What did happen? Gimple has lost his ever-lovin mind. That's what. My guess is he's gotten a lot of guff about following the comics too closely and there have been numerous complaints that not enough of the "real" characters have died. So, I think we are looking at a big "screw you" to the fans. Why he picked Carl? Because Chandler's a kid and Gimple's a bully. And a jerk.

I had read about the bit on another website, so I couldn't make myself watch. But, I did watch TTD. And I was surprised at how little it hurt even though I love Carl. I think another poster on the other site said it best. He said we were so emotionally devastated by the fake and then real murder of Glenn that we just don't have it in us anymore. Our little group is already broken. What's one more?

I did try to watch the episode today, but I still don't know what happened. Some idiot decided to film in the dark without using any lights, so I literally couldn't see what I happened. It's like trying to watch radio. I've been trying to find some recaps, but I don't guess anyone else could see it, either.

In light of that and Gimple's continuing existence, I gave it a 1.

Gimple's got to go. If I knew how to add a siggy, that would be mine

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Reina

Reina Active Member

Haha I thought he was drawing something then he stopped. I was like, "Wait, what?"

7. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

I gave it a 9 - the highest rating I’ve given this season.

The Negan scenes were fantastic. JDM’s acting seems to get better every episode. His reactions during his conversation with Carl and when Rick grabbed Lucile were incredibly believable.

The Maggie scenes were great. Well written, well acted. I love how they’ve handled this character.

This is the best we’ve seen of Ezekiel. Now he truly is a great leader.

Dwight and Eugene coming through for the good guys! Two of the most interesting characters on the show right now.

Disliked the need to establish that this was not Daryl’s fault.

Carl being bitten was well thought out. I thought that he might have been bitten when I first saw that incident in the woods, but then I thought there’s no way they’d kill him that way. But when he wrote his letter, and struggled to move around Alexandria, it became clear. Walkers are a threat again. Any chance encounter could end badly.

For me, the heart of the story had always been Rick and Carl. I always envisioned that even if the story ended in tragedy, Carl would be the last character left alive. While some will say Chandler was not the greatest actor on the series, he provided us with some of the most memorable moments of the series. The show will not be the same without him. I am curious to see where the story goes from here.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Reina

Reina Active Member

9. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

9 and well deserved. I knew it was coming but it was so hard to accept. Goodbye baby boy you went Out as A Man.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

I couldn't read it your link because of the adblock. Would you mind just giving me the skinny?

And I'm giving up. Could someone just TELL me what happened last night? I can't see it and I can't find a recap.

11. Electro

Electro New Member

I think Carl got bitten last episode when he was with that guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Yeah, I need to watch episode 6 again. Apparently, that part where he fell and 3 walkers piled on is when it happened. Someone on here said he got up with a very worried look on his face as he stared down at the walkers. I just think the emotional and shock affect was lessened by doing it this way.

13. Lindigo

This one is pretty good:
    http://ew.com/recap/the-walking-dead-season-8-episode-8/

Also, you can rewatch the show and turn your Closed Captions on. For me, with Comcast, I just push the Talk/Microphone button and say Closed Captions. It toggles on and off when I do that. I ALWAYS have Closed Captions on for my first viewing of each episode.

First, watch all of the videos on Tony Davis's BTS videos thread. I think the people who make TWD must have thought that was how we would be able to see this episode on our (my) elderly television sets.

#33 Lindigo, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Lindigo

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lindigo

Perhaps a traveller from Middle Earth:
    http://www.fontspace.com/joannavu/middleearth

16. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I guess Carl getting bitten is good for keeping people talking about the show. But somebody please tell me why Enid and Rosita are still alive.
    What is ricks motivation to keep going now? Michonne? Judith?
    It's not the same as having Carl by his side who is his flesh and blood.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RicksRightHand

Honestly was not into this episode at all. Carl's death seems meaningless and they've pretty much just written off a whole tonne of comic material for the future because of it. It was fun to see the show diverge from the comics in places as it offered a fresh new element to the story if you'd already read the comics but it's just diverging a bit too far for me now.

Even with that aside though, I'm really bored of mid-season/full season finales on this show ending at night with somewhere on fire. Lets have a war during the day for a change? It's fast becoming a boring trope on this show like super hero movies ending with a final act composed of the world ending and mass destruction... surely there's a more entertaining way to shoot this show?

I personally just feel the writing and general cinematography on this show is becoming really boring and unimaginative. How many times are we going to have to endure a choppy montage of close up shots on the casts faces?

It kinda bums me out that I feel this negative about a show I used to love. I hope it's not beyond redemption but I just don't know where this show is going anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah the screen was so dark that it gave me a flashback to David Chase's "brilliant" black screen ending to the Sopranos.

19. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I won't fully cut the cord with the board though. Despite the drop off in participation the past few seasons I still like coming here regularly. There are some other shows like Game of Thrones, Better Call Saul etc to discuss. And after having watched TWD for 8 seasons it's kind of sad to stop watching before it ends. It's a TV show breakup and I'll "Facebook stalk" it on here for awhile. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

Thank you for posting that! I had quite given up. I decided it was too dark and nobody knew what happened. That would actually make for quite a cliffhanger and I wouldn't put it past Simple to do something like that.

• Friendly Friendly x 1