Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[809] Praise & Positivity

Discussion in 'Episode 809 - Honor' started by GrungeMan, Feb 17, 2018.

1. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Let's continue to honor our tradition and find something nice to say about "Honor"

Even... though.. they. killed... off.. Carl

**Anger Rising**

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I loved Carl rocking with Judith on the porch and smiling. That was very sweet of him to think to take a happy picture for her to remember him by, and making the paint handprints.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I like Gavin, he is a pretty deep Saviour compared to the others.

Handprints indeed! Sadly they be blown away by now probably! :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Yeah Gavin tried everything to not have to kill people... technically he wasn't even the one who killed Ben. I liked him and would have liked to see Gavin after the war

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I wish they would have saved him :( He would have been a interesting character and a Saviour that from the get go always seemed to only do what he did to keep the peace. A Saviour that was a survivor and a person who felt guilt I am sure of the actions. So far opposite of Simon it is not even funny! And I believe Simon will be the one to take the role of leader for The Saviours in this world. Or atleast a strong opposition to Dwight. When Negan is "gone".

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I was honestly VERY skeptical about how they were going to do this episode, but I thought it was really well done. Chandler is really a very good actor.

I am still skeptical about the long term effects, but I may have the tiniest bit of hope now that it won't completely suck.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I read some people thinking it was that Chandler Riggs was a man by now and they had to kill his character in Coral since Rick cannot keep to treat him like a 15 year old angsty teen any longer.

8. Lindigo

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lindigo

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

The little girl playing Judith did a good job. I wonder if she understood what was going on as others were acting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Overall I liked the episode. And it did in fact make me cry at points.

I am of the opinion that they did a good job of taking Carl's death and using it to steer the overall story in a direction that will allow them to believably give Rick a reason to spare Negan and somehow incorporate the surviving saviors (well some of the saviors) into the communities. Could they have gone with a different character? I suppose they could have but honestly the only other character that would have had emotional ties strong enough with Rick to evoke a change in philosophy (or rather a returning to philosophy) would have been MIchonne. So in that context Carl was the wiser choice.

I thought Chandler did a good job in this episode. NOTE: I did have more to add to this paragraph but this is not the thread and honestly at this point not relevant. So back to being positive......

Morgan - talk about scary AF! Dude was creeping me the hell out, going all Michael Meyers like creeping up on people and then offing that one Savior like he was William Wallace laid out in the public square being disemboweled - ewwwwwwwwwww

The two scenes that turned my weeping into alligator size tears:
    1. Rick asking, nay begging, Michonne to take Judith to Hilltop and so scared of something happening to her, of losing her also. Andrew Lincoln killed it.

2. Rick and Michonne sitting on the porch waiting for the inevitable gunshot. Their reaction was, in terms of acting, beautiful. I liked that they were not huddled together but each in their own space. I liked the simplicity of that scene. Not over the top with a dramatic good-bye. I have to say that is without a doubt my favorite scene in the episode.....although

I will admit that I rather enjoyed a bit of respite from ogre Negan and had a fleeting moment to pretend "what if" via Carl's dream of Negan turning over a new leaf and becoming a productive part of a community

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

[​IMG]

LOL!

#12 92Pony, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think, a Negan and Rick in the same squad will make for some AWESOME scenes and tag teaming against new foes!

Also, I think Daryl would almost have hit home to for Rick if his "brother" died.

Now only Rick, Carol and Daryl is left of the first Team A.

14. Lindigo

Wow, I hadn't realized we were down to three. Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

That is a bit sad! :( And from Season 2 I think it's only Maggie alive.

16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Lindigo

Wow. That is even more surprising to me. :eek:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Atleast I think so! Michonne is shown in Season 2 sorta but I would not call her a Season 2 character since she was just shown minimally at the end rescueing Andrea.

I wonder how many still live from each season. I have a feeling a lot of Season 3 and Season 4 characters are also dead.

19. Lindigo

I was wondering the same thing. :)

Here's my list. I put Judith in the season where she was born and I put everyone else also in the season where we first see them, including Michonne. It really is shocking how quickly everyone perishes. I stopped before the Kingdom (and the Heepsters), because that was going to be a lot of people, and I was more interested in longevity that comprehensiveness.

Rick
    Daryl
    Carol
    Morgan

Maggie
    Michonne

Judith

Eugene
    Rosita
    Tara

Father Gabriel
    Aaron
    Enid

Jesus
    Gregory
    Dwight
    Negan :eek:
    Dr Carson the second
    Simon

and then I don't know the others very well, even though I enjoy them.

• Like Like x 3
  20. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Ya @Neuropyramidal and @mistertrouble189 would be the go to people for the more recent seasons. Lol

• Winner Winner x 1