Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[810] Cummerbunds and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 810 - The Lost and the Plunderers' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Not enough Dwugene!!

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Not enough Carl.......

Oh......

wait........

yeah, uhhhhh.......never mind

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

not enough Jadis said no one ever

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Reina

Reina Active Member

I'm really wondering if

• Like Like x 2
  5. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

That Rick and Michonne are even going back to those snakes in the trash.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

Hey Daddy, I've missed you. How is every little thing?

7. Neuropyramidal

oh you know, I still love the smell of napalm in the morning! ;). And yourself?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. zombie_basher

zombie_basher Member

The two main things I didn't like are the offscreen slaughter of junkyard people to instead focus on Simon, all you hear are shouts and gunfire. And the other is constant nonsensical 180's of certain characters. Carl's sudden change is the most jarring, but now seemingly everyone is forgetting that Negan was just about to kill Carl in 7x16, including Rick who didn't call Negan out on that in their conversation at the end? How did Negan have plans for Carl and think he was the future when he was just about to kill him like 2 days ago? I guess it helps highlight how highly delusional he is, but if that's the case then Rick really should've called him out on it, so they dropped the ball with dialogue there

• Like Like x 1
  9. tink

tink Well-Known Member

So now I'm supposed to believe that Negan isn't such a bad guy, it was Simon all along!!

Then maybe you shouldn't have given us a season and a half of NEGAN BEING THE BAD GUY.

Seriously, it's just an insult to the viewers to try to pretend that what we saw happen isn't really what happened.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I did not see it this way. My take away was that they were giving us insight into the fracturing of leadership within the ranks of the saviors. These cracks forming were also evident when Simon responded to Gary's questions about were they going back out there to avenge dean's death, with Simon being quite snarky about what the "orders" given were. Negan very clearly is not opposed to Simon killing a person from the hilltop nor the Heapsters in order to regain control of the situation. Negan sees the value of having people alive to serve his cause whereas simon is hell bent on revenge, wiping out all the communities and moving on, as he stated, branching out extending their reach.

Negan has stated time and time again that people are resources. His worker bees so to speak. Negan's goal has never been to kill em all, but rather to kill a few to drive his point home, that he rules the roost now and falling in line is the only option. He wants that control back. And between Rick and company and now Simon questioning him, whatever control he was still holding onto is slipping away from him little by little. His anger and how quickly he lost control of himself with Simon is evidence of that

I think it was very much in character for Negan to have a moment of regret when hearing about Carl's death and then very quickly finding his footing again and slipping back into meany Negan mode, let me f*ck with your head space Negan mode.

So no, I do not see it as we are now suppose to believe that Negan is a good guy or that Simon is the true baddie here. I think we are seeing Negan as a man who not too long ago had the world at his beck and call and is now faced with losing it all. I think we are seeing a Negan who is finding himself cornered and he is not at all prepared to handle it with a clear head

#10 Dnae, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Reina

Reina Active Member

They did at least give you them as walkers (which isn't cheap) and the wonderful tomato purée after. The focus was on Simon because he went against Negan and it will play out later. Why waste time showing them shot up when they were giving us walkers and smoothies?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I've been wondering if Simon was the Sanctuary's leader before Negan showed up? While they both use very brutal tactics, Simon uses violence as more of a revenge thing, while Negan sees it as a means to keep order. It doesn't make me think of Negan as less brutal or less of a bad guy, but given what Simon just did to the Heapsters, you can better understand why Negan justifies his own methods. There have been several scenes that have lead me to wonder if Simon was the past leader, does anyone know?

13. Reina

Reina Active Member

Negan did mention something about the leader there before him, didn't he? He didn't say what happened to him, so it's possible.

I think Simon is just crazy, myself. Everything is an act to him. I haven't seen an emotional side to him that reflects who he was before the breakout.

14. Neuropyramidal

I very much doubt it. If Simon was a leader so vicious that he killed at his whim, then I don't think Negan would overthrow his leadership and then kept him as his loyal right hand. That would be like Dwight overthrowing Negan but then keeping Negan in a high position of power. It wouldn't be stable, because Negan would just take back control. Simon would kill Negan the first chance he got, and try to take charge again.

If you are going to supersede a man like Simon as a leader, you best make sure he's dead. ;).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I was just wondering because that scene at the Sanctuary where they are around the table with Gregory ,Simon suggests a plan b, and Negan asks Simon if he's backsliding and if he's forgotten who's in charge. That other scene where Dwight shoots that escapee in the back on the highway - he mentioned, referring to Negan - that he just walked in with a smile and a baseball bat and we all started kneeling down to him (something like that..) so it gave me the impression that the Sanctuary existed before Negan showed up. Negan seems to enjoy the challenge of breaking otherwise strong people so thought maybe this is what happened with Simon. Not a comic reader so didn't know if that was something that was addressed there.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, the Sanctuary definitely existed before Negan took over. It was also mentioned directly by Alden that it has had more than one leader in its history. I just really doubt it was Simon. But not impossible. Its been suggested a couple times that things were actually LESS strictly run before Negan. That scene on the highway with Dwight and Gordon, Gordon made it sound like Negan was worse than what came before.

Who knows, maybe they will decide to write it that way, or maybe we will just never find out, but it doesn't seem to fit right now.

17. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

As for Simon he is a tv written character

• Like Like x 1
  18. Reina

Reina Active Member

This is sooo true! We saw what he did to the poor meek doctor who Negan just had an iffy that betrayed him. No way he'd let Simon slide if he was the previous leader.

[​IMG]

You are so smart. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

HOOORAY the garbage patch kids are dead. F them, double turn coats get what they had coming to them.

20. Reina

Reina Active Member

Hey, they were just trying to live like the rest of them. Quirky and weird, but still just trying to survive.