Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[811] Compadres and Criticisms.

Discussion in 'Episode 811 - Dead or Alive Or' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Negan needs pew pew pew pew pew pew pew

2. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

I hope not. I hope we can leave Negan in the rear view for at least two episodes.

3. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

Why would you leave your threads closed to replies?

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

OMG WTF is with the G.D. Trans/KFC commercial?

Is the commercial count not high enough and they have to find a way to further ruin the Colonel!?!?!?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

haha, this version of the Colonel has been out for awhile now. But my personal fav was Jim Gaffigan.

6. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Jim was good. I like the Reba ones as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

This episode was stronger than many of the first half's episodes, but I do have some frustrations to air out...

- Tara has successfully uttered one of the worst and most hypocritical lines in the series: "you cant just switch sides and make it right" or something to that affect..

That's hilariously awful writing for a character that seemed fine with storming the prison alongside the governor... Only to be forgoven.

Yes, Dwight and Tara may vary in the degree of their transgressions, but the principle is the same.

Also, she is so consumed w/ vengeance that 1) it's become extremely comical considering her relationship w/ Denise was virtually nonexistent and 2) she is portrayed as so unbelievably selfish that she would jeopardize the safety of people she actually truly knows just to kill Dwight, and 3) where the hell were these emotions for Glenn and Abraham? You know, the other members of G.R.E.A.T.M... your friends? She's become so ridiculous

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Decided to give Tara her own post because wow... Can't stand that character.

Also...

- Maggie not showing has now officially become silly. Regardless of the true timline and how short it's been it's just becoming more annoying..

- The show has once again dropped the ball on providing emotional responses to death. I got more out of Gabriel weeping over a dead Carson than pretty much half the cast responding to Carl. This is a true weakness of the show through and through. They jipped us out of a lot of emotions following Glenn and Abraham, Maggie talking to Daryl about Glenn's death, Carol finding out about said deaths, Sasha's death, and now Carl's. The scenes w/ Rick and Michonne in Honor were a step in the right direction as well as Enid's reaction, but now it's back to square one. Enough of the short and underwhelming responses. These people are a family and we love to see them respond like one!

- If Henry isn't going to be anything more than NuCarl, then why is he even on the show? So I guess he's just gonna become this young survivalist boy who thrives in a horrible world? Yeah, we had that, already. His name was Carl...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

RANT #1
    I hate that I am in this thread. I would prefer to be, oh lets say in the "Jesus rocked it in this episode" thread BUT that thread is non-existent because Jesus is out on a scavenging trip in the middle of a war and has yet to appear in an episode this back half BUT we do get scenes with a vengeful prepubescent kid who wants to know "who killed my brother".....UGH!!!!! JUST LOOK AT THE DAMN FLOWERS ALREADY WOULD YOU!!!!

RANT #2
    TARA....while I do not agree with her ridiculous need for revenge at least some degree anger was an emotion that was believable.
    Sidebar: I do however agree with @GrungeMan that her relationship with Denise was pretty damn new, as in weeks/months new. So how does that warrant this crazed need to kill someone in her name? Yes, be pissed. Hate him. Never forgive him. BUT people in glass houses should not throw stones. Tara with Governor for the sake of her sister and niece. Dwight with Negan for the sake of Sherry. PERSPECTIVE!
    Back to my originally scheduled rant - How quickly she came to the defense of Dwight when he basically gave himself up to the Saviors. Not believable at all. Too damn convenient. She should have at least wrestled for 5 minutes (*insert a hint of sarcasm here*) with her emotions warring with one another rather than suddenly being #TeamDwight

RANT #3
    The 'this world versus the heaven world' between Carson and Gabe, okay go for it
    BUT THEN:
    Rolling eye moment: When Gabe is trying to read the medicine bottles and he has to ask the Doctor what the labels say. UGH - a house filled with medicines/drugs and the DOCTOR who is trying to care for a sick man is NOT THE LEAST BIT CURIOUS what is in each of those bottles strewn about? The priest is the first one to think "golly gee look at all these bottles of medicine I wonder if one of them could be of help in putting me on the path to recovery"? And then to lace that bit of BS with the "divine intervention" BS - heavy handed at best. BUT THEN MY EYE ROLL TURNED INTO FULL BLOWN HEAD EXPLODING. Gabe knocking something over, I could not see because I WAS ROLLING MY EYES (again insert sarcasm here) and LO AND BEHOLD not only friggin keys to a vehicle BUT A MAP TO THE LIVING MUSEUM OTHERWISE KNOWN AS HILLTOP. IT'S A FREAKIN' MIRACLE PEOPLE. Jesus is not out scavenging - oh hell no, he is out and about performing miracles and turning water into wine AND hiding keys and maps waiting to be "cleverly" (again....sarcasm) found. OH THE FANFICTION GODS WERE SMILING DURING THIS INTERLUDE!

Notice not once did I gripe about Daryl.

I was in a crappy frame of mind last night and my attitude has not improved today. I do not like being in this thread - not at all. So tonight, I am going to take a few cleansing breaths and re-watch the episode and hopefully come away with a more positive perspective

#9 Dnae, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Glenn's Deuce

Glenn's Deuce Member

Excellent opportunity was missed to rid the show of the worst character ever put on there....freakin' Tara. It's a shame they didn't end her spell on the show last night.

Hell, there's a food shortage at the Hilltop. With her arrival, it's about to be exponentially worse.

• Old Old x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

ROFL @ the first paragraph, but this entire post is GOLD!:D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I agree with criticisms that a lot of others have.

-Would liked to have seen more of the Hilltop's reaction to the news of Carl's death
    -Gabe's divine guidance, that was ripped away at the end was just cringe-worthy
    -Antibiotics in those pill bottles? 'Gag me with a spoon' - how freakin' predictable.
    -Tara is dumb.

13. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I meant more WTF with playing the same ad 3 times during 1 commercial break?
    The Ad is stupid for sure and why can't they just let Chicken taste like Chicken?
    But does someone somewhere really think that carpet bombing a break by repeating the same ad will sell more chicken?

I have exactly the opposite reaction and swear off the product forever when this happens!

Oh and the entire rest of this episode was so freaking stupid that I can not even choose my least favorite part,although Tara probably gets the Win there.

Also why would the dead Ham Operator have a piggy bank with car keys and a map to the hilltop stuffed inside it?

Another fav of mine was where on Earth are they getting power for all machines everywhere in the script?
    The Ammo Shop was especially silly if you know anything about making Ammo at all but I guess this is not anything new here in the world of TWD either?

14. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I work in a machine shop... first off very f*cking loud. The air compressor alone is over the safe decibal levels. The shop has 6 panel boxes for all the power needed. Now those are much smaller machines and probably don't need compressed air to run... but the power is more then what a single generator could create.

Honestly I could care less about these little inconsistencies, but wanted to add my two cents

• Like Like x 2
  15. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Should we order you this shirt?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Tara was too irrational to begin with and too quick to revise her opinion later. Once they make someone behave so stupidly out of character, it is hard for an episode to recover. It doesn't just do an injustice to the character. It damages the entire episode.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

O.M.G. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

And yet another asshat comment from the contender of the "King of Asshats" of the Forum. You will be happy to know you are in the top 3. The award is KEEPING your head up your ass.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

For real, I understand attacking the CHARACTER actions but attacking the actress for something completely unrelated to what has happened is an asshat move. If something along the lines of Negan/Olivia was going on where he made fun of her weight maybe I would understand (maybe..)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Reina

Reina Active Member

I've got to watch this episode again. I thought it was a good one, and I see now I'm most assuredly in the minority with that way of thinking.

I'm still trying to grasp why the infection is affecting Gabes vision, though. I'm not very edumacated in infections, is that common, or is it just how they were able to write in the rest of the story?