Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[811] Praise and Positivity

Discussion in 'Episode 811 - Dead or Alive Or' started by GrungeMan, Mar 7, 2018.

1. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Praise or Positivity Or....

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Sully

Sully Active Member

I loved the swerve with Dr. Carson. I thought the whole God has a plan thing was going a little too far with miracle after miracle, and then we think it's happening again and boom Carson is dead instead.

I really wasn't expecting it, so kudos on that.

Turns out Carl was the one who truly ended up saving Maggie via "God's lead", which I think is really cool.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I was happy too that things didn't keep happening in their favor, although I didn't want Dr. Carson to die...I would have loved to see him make it back to Hilltop. And despite Gabe's extremely annoying insistence that it was God doing everything, I still felt bad for him because his entire purpose of escaping the sanctuary was to deliver Dr. Carson. Maybe he'll play a part with Eugene in taking Negan down and his "purpose" will be even greater.

I hope his eyes heal, because that is anxiety-inducing looking through those tunnels! lol

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Not much praise and positivity this week. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Honestly, as weird as it sounds, I really enjoyed the soul-crushing defeat handed to Gabriel in route to the Hilltop.

I feel like existential dread is something this show does well and seeing the hope just wash way Gabriel's face as he wept was just really powerful. Things like that more poignantly demonstrate the brutality and emptiness of their world...

Everyone not named Tara had a good episode.

- There were shades of good ol' Daryl being all angsty, but at the same time being an effective leader.
    - Dwight is growing increasingly more compelling as I enjoy his portrayal of a man with equal parts self awareness and self loathing
    - Eugene is still really selling his uber cowardly nature, mixed in with a dash of arrogance and genuine concern for his friends (when he asked about Alexandria)
    - I really enjoy Rosita as a voice of reason, but soldierly like character.
    - Maggie continues to grow on me, but it's a shame it took this many seasons and they really dont give her much screen time.
    - Negan is becoming a really great villian and I am happy they're handling his character better... All it took was him acting just slightly more serious with some compassion thown in (he was to silly when first introduced).

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. AJ Dantley

AJ Dantley New Member

Nothing much to contribute here unfortunately.

7. PepperAnn

Obviously.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. PepperAnn

Yeah the Gabe stuff was crushing. He was so positive about EVERYTHING no matter what he was going thru up until Dr Carson was shot. Watching his reaction in the bed of that truck was gut wrenching.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Black Panther

Black Panther Member

So you posted....Why?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I almost cried right along with him! That was so sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I'm really like you!!:D:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have already posted those things that bugged me about the episode. I do not think that the points I made in THAT thread make the episode a bad episode. I would say it was a good episode with some shining moments.

My feelings about Dwight began changing in season 7 during episode 3(?) The Cell. I remember thinking that at times you could see a glimpse of how Dwight truly felt about Negan. And then in the episode Hostilities and Calamities it became very evident. I like the character. I actually like the character a great deal.

The shining moments in this episode for the most part revolve around Dwight. I wanted to reach through my television and Cher slap Tara.......
    [​IMG]
    Yes, Dwight has made some dick moves in the past. And I get it, she may never be able to forgive him nor forget. But given the situation they are in it is time for her to put on her big girl panties and get her emotions under control. They are sitting ducks out there, facing a trek across a walker infested swamp with the possibility of being found by saviors at any given moment. Priorities Tara, priorities!! I though that Austin Amelio brought just the right mix of contrition and nervousness to the scenes he had with not only Tara but with the group. I have no idea if he auditioned from among many for this role but thank goodness TPTB found him, because AA has made this character what it is

And while I do think that the bits between Gabe and Dr Carson were heavy handed at times the scenes themselves were well done (acting wise). I have long held the belief that if you are going to employ an actor with a talent such as Seth has then you better damn well utilize that talent. And up until last season Seth was not being used to his full potential. I am happy that in this season they have given him screen time and the dialogue to let him shine a bit more.

Oh and I thought Judith did an excellent job portraying fear in regard to Daryl's rant

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I liked Carsons and Gabriels road trip, they made a good team. I'm a bit sad about Carsons death, he hadn't much screentime, but I did like the character, but I agree, that it wouldn't have make sense storywise, if they had succeed.
    Daryl leading teh Alexandrians to safety was great, as was the interaction between Carol and Morgan. I hope, Carol can eventually reach him.
    Eugenes concern for the Alexandrians was touching and let's me hope, that he will join them again one day.
    And I liekd Negan. He seems to know much more of what's going on, than he let's show. I'm convinced, he knows about Eugene helping Carson and Gabriel escape and he probably will spring that at Eugene, when he stops to be useful.
    I'm very glad, that Rosita has come to her senses and I hope, Tara will too.

• Like Like x 1