Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[813] Praise & Positivity

Discussion in 'Episode 813 - Do Not Send Us Astray' started by GrungeMan, Mar 23, 2018.

1. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Do not send us negativity!!

2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I already feel led astray?

I also thought the title said "Ashtray"?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

LOL! My wife did the same thing. "Do not lead us ashtray" - I said, "What are you talking about??" - LOL!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the episode with a minor hiccup here and there. And then the big "burp" that was Henry but that is posted in another thread!!

My Jesus My Jesus - where for art thou my Jesus. As in more than a blip on my screen. More than a boot pinning a walker by the neck to the wall. I hold out hope that you will soon speak again - find your inner Ariel!!!! But seeing that face was better than not seeing that face.

And I disagree with @Jag - while Dianne is a perfectly lovely woman JESUS is Maggie's second. Dianne can be the runner up

1. I knew it, I just knew that Gavin Rossdale Jr. was going to flip and side with Maggie

2. I love that I do not know whether to have faith that Dwight has not forsaken Team Rick or is he pulling a Eugene and just looking out for numero uno?!? I will just keep clicking my ruby red slippers and chanting three times again and again "Dwight and Eugene are Team Rick" "Dwight and Eugene are Team Rick" "Dwight and Eugene are Team Rick"

3. Morgan......poor poor Morgan. The man is always in such turmoil but Lennie James executes it brilliantly

4. Maggie had a good plan and it would have been a great plan if Negan's biological warfare game plan had proven to be a pipe dream

5. I like the will she die will she not die arc about Tara getting a death arrow perhaps!

6. The disconnect between Rick and Michonne felt even greater last night. Is Rick consciously pulling away from people? I understand he is grieving, but it hurts to watch Michonne hurt when he distances himself from her.

7. I already like Siddiq and I loved the scene where he finally let the other doctor have it - and then she died, whomp whomp

Going to watch again later this week when I am not watching and also throwing myself a "not enough Jesus" pity party!

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Oops. Mixed review. I meant to be typing in the Rating thread. I'm moving it over there.

#5 Lindigo, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Anyone could have opened the Gate for any reason at all and then the calamity in the house could be the distraction the goons needed to escape!
    The Henry plot device was just silly even for this show.

It was the entire no one is watching anything,anywhere thing that let it all fall into place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. calliope

calliope Active Member

I was happy to see a resolution to the Carol/Tobin situation. I know it seems like a minor thing a lifetime ago now, but it's one of the many conversations that reasonable adults would have that typically get lost in the shuffle on the show. It was nice to see them close the loop for once.

And it was nice to see a return of some genuine kindness from Carol.

• Like Like x 2
  8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Yeah,talk about Closure!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the scene between Tara and Daryl. The way they both saw the same situation differently and in reverse of how they both saw Dwight before. Now Tara is on his side and Daryl thinks he tried to kill her.

I especially enjoyed seeing loudmouth, angry, asshole Daryl back. I've felt we would get a return of the "old Daryl" and that sting he gave her was straight out of the old Daryl playbook. He was mean and tried to make his point by being an ass. Sort of when he yelled at Carol about Sophia.

"This before or after he murdered your Girl? Or is that all square now?"

Wow.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

So despite some lengthy complaints I made, there were definitely some great moments in the show!

- I really like these new characters. They feel believable and tend to provide some of the better dialogue on the show. Props to Siddiq and Alden for standing out in this episode. Although I really want Alden to stop slouching around haha... Stand up straight, man!

- The nuance demonstrated in Maggie's role as a leader and as a mourning/vengeful wife really makes Maggie feel relevant in a war where she seemed to be given little screen time. I feel like the show is going to really lean into her inner turmoil regarding seeking justice for Glenn and the obvious costs/risks that come with that.

- Maggie did a damn good job leading the Hilltop during the battle. I wonder if their idea to use Daryl as bait and then cut them off at the entrance with the school bus was originally her idea or a collaborative effort, but it was strategically a smart move in my opinion. I can even understand Simon heading out into the open because.. well.. He's arrogant. He probably just made the bold assumption that they retreated back in the Barrington House thinking they were short on supplies/ammo and probably assumed they only had enough to draw first blood so to speak.

- The dialogue was surprisingly great. I really appreciated so many of the call backs to previous situations, particularly between Tara and Daryl. Their constant flip flopping and playing devil's advocate to one another about Dwight gets to be a little jarring, but I was not once bothered by Tara this episode - which is a huge praise. Even Tobin and Carol's exchanges were great despite not having any real investment ever in that relationship.

- As always I loved Michonne. She's a very understanding partner. She has hope for Rick to eventually realize what Carl's request was, but is empathetic enough to know that he needs his space. Her exchanges with Rick are careful and deliberate, which is the right way to play it right now because despite what Rick says he is definitely not okay. Hopefully she'll keep chipping away at Rick, who I agree needs to really let her in and open up to her... Carl did ask Michonne to be strong for his father and it's nice to see her honoring that request as well.

#10 GrungeMan, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1