Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[901]Guess the Ratings

Discussion in 'Episode 901 - A New Beginning' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 3, 2018.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Very poor ratings for a premiere. Obviously a lot of people who said they were done with the show were being serious about it.

We should probably expect ratings to drop down into the 3 and 4 million range this season.

AMC has to really be discussing now about how long this show should go on.

3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I bet ratings will climb at least until the Rick goes bye-bye episode, and then after that it's a question mark on what people will do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

So you won with the 8.5. I should have gone with the under, but I was thinking it might be closer to 9 than 8.. Never expected it to plummet to 6.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea, I figured it would drop but I never expected that much of a drop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Michael Corleone

Michael Corleone New Member

I had figured it would be higher for Rick's last episodes, but that it would drop after that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Damn I was wrong. I was hoping the "Rick's Last Episodes" tagline would draw some old viewers back this season. Doesn't look like it's working.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Those are very disappointing ratings. I do think a lot of people are really starting to watch other ways though. More and more are cutting cable. Do these numbers count streaming services?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I did read a while back that SlingTV is included in the numbers...that's what i have. But i'm not sure about others.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think that the likes of Sling and Playstation are included. But those who watched on AMC Premier are not included. And also the numbers are based on US viewers. I would love to know what the worldwide numbers look like.

And as you said above, people are watching tv in other ways. Honestly, TWD is the only show I watch live. Everything else can wait a day or two so that I can watch it on my own schedule. And I think that is why, while live ratings certainly paint part of the picture, they in no way paint the entirety of the picture. The +3 ratings probably mean just as much, possibly even more, than live numbers. I say this because I do believe that more and more people are forgoing live television and opting to do as I do, watch on their own time table.

Will be interesting to see how much the numbers will increase when the +3 numbers are issued.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

The crash in ratings isn't a complete surprise, considering the fan disillusion with the past couple of seasons (other factors are in play, but I feel this is the big one).

The common theory is that it will fall further with ep 2, as (typically) more viewers tune in for the premiere. Maybe, maybe not.

Good word-of-mouth is just as powerful as bad, and there are some very good vibes out there right now. I can only speak for myself, but I had the premiere in my dvr until Tuesday, when I "got around to it". I was impressed, so I'll watch again live on Sunday and see if this holds.

There is a gap in my posting here of about a year, because my momma taught me that if I don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

...it's nice to be back, and actually have positive comments!

13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yes, Neilsen counts streaming services now, the problem is that they only count them as "live" if they are started no more than 3 minutes late after original air time. So if you start your stream viewing at 9:04, it gets counted towards the live + 3 Days number. It was even worse until recently, in order for it to be counted as live they had to start it within less than 25 seconds from live time. And the more ways that people watch, the less accurate things get. Because Nielson just extrapolates from small samples of volunteer participants who have special gadgets on their devices that allows Nielson to tell what they are watching. So when you start dividing these samples up between cable watchers and sling and playstation, and so on...things get more muddled, because what population are the extrapolating too in each subgroup? Number of total people who own playstations? Because playstations are used for different things. And each sample size is smaller than if you just had one sample with everyone watching using the same method.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Michael Corleone

Michael Corleone New Member

I just realized that gif of Rick and Michonne is in your signature and not the body of your post. I thought you had used the gif in reaction to Rick's Last Episodes not drawing viewers back. It fits!

15. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Yeah. Sadly it does fit because the damn ratings just keep plummeting.

16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. PepperAnn

18. PepperAnn

This might also mean the live view ratings will climb, now that the casual DVR watcher realizes how good it is again, and actually care to watch live again.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I'll be interested in the L + 7 too, as lots of folks are busier in the early work week, and might settle in to their DVR Friday and Saturday.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Just for grins and giggles:

American Horror Story
    original air date of Wednesday 10/03:
    Live +SD 2.031 million with a demo of 1.01
    Live +3 (+)2.398 with a demo of (+)1.22
    Total 4.429 with a demo of 2.23

Series airing on Sunday night at 9:00 p.m. EST

The closest (as listed on this site) in numbers is a show called Chesapeake Shores (anyone ever hear of this?).
    Original air date of Sunday 10/07 @ 9:00 est
    Live +SD 1.663 million with a demo of 0.22
    Live +3 (+)0..490 with a demo of (+) 0.09
    Total 2.153 with a demo of 0.31

The Last Ship
    original air date of Sunday 10/07 @ 9:00 est
    Live +SD 1.048 million with a demo of 0.19
    Live +3 (+)1.047 million with a demo of (+) 0.20
    Total 2.095 million with a demo of 0.39