Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[904] Obliged To Rate it!

Discussion in 'Episode 904 - The Obliged' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 28, 2018.

?

Rate it, NOW!!

1. 10

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. Bravo! Capital! I'm Obliged to tell all my friends!

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  3. 8

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. 7

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  5. 6

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I think AMC is Obliged to give me a refund.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Just get on with it.

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am so hoping that this episode will at the very least be as wonderful as the first three

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

For solid episodes in a row!! I haven't even had 4 solid bowel movements in a row in maybe 75 years.

I've have to give them credit for that ending. It really came out of left field. I was not expecting that. I will reserve my thoughts on his manner of death until after I see 905. But taken as a whole, I liked the episode a lot. They are still juggling several storylines quite well. Better than they have in 2+ seasons.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. SStark

SStark Active Member

Have to give it another 9. The interactions between characters are best they've been since maybe season 4-5ish.

Kang is doing a great job. Too bad she only gets five episodes with the show's greatest actor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The episode was inching closer to my 10 and could have broken that glass ceiling if it would not have been for the anne and gabe bits. I just did not think it belonged in this episode

So I am going with a 9

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It is a shame that she only had a few episodes with Andy.

Have to say though I am looking forward to what her scripts and directive will be with Samantha Morton who is a phenomenal actress

• Like Like x 2
  7. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

HIGH 9.

The Jadis/Gabe stuff kind of pulled me away from the action, but those scenes were brief and cut to the chase (of Jadis being "in the wind") quickly, so I forgive it.

Very tense! Great interaction between Negan and Michonne. And did anybody else feel like Daryl was saying good-bye to Rick at the end there.

And, oh boy, that ending!!!

Oh, and lest I forget; screw with Carol at your peril.

ANOTHER hour that felt like five minutes!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Ehh. Can only give this one a 6 or so. The whole point of the first part of the episode was Maggie getting to Negan yet the episode ended before she even got to Alexandria. Instead of Maggie confronting Negan we got him and Michonne having a conversation that didn't tell us anything that we couldn't have already guessed about her.

Well Rick has been making piss poor decisions ever since season 6 so I guess it is only fitting he goes out making a piss poor decision. Falling off a horse was a pretty weak ass way to kill off his character. Especially considering he was doing it merely to save a bridge.

The only thing that is separating this season from the past two is that it has better dialogue. Other than that little has changed. The show is still way too drawn out. They truly do need to cut the episode count down to about 10-12 a year.

• Like Like x 1
  9. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

double post.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Neuropyramidal

#11 Neuropyramidal, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 4
  12. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Another good episode for me. Not as good as episode 3 but it was still pretty good.

#12 Weallgotit, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Neuropyramidal

I would consider it as having the exact same quality as episode 4 :p :p. Sorry couldn't resist.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Oh damn. Lol. Thanks. I got episode 5 on the brain I guess. I corrected my error.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Well, I agree with pretty much everybody here. I'll give it a 8,7. Would have prefered Father Gabe to be offed because everything that followed was nonsense and boring, and would have cut in Michonne and Negan's exchanges, but other than that, very good episode. I felt bad for Rick realizing "his" people was turning against him (and just before dying too), and I really hope he dies alone, eaten alive right there, that's just messed up. Felt bad for the guilt coming towards Daryl too, he just let Rick go (die) alone - one more poor decision from him...

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I loved it. I gave it a 9 because it's horrible for Rick to die of an everyday sort of accident. Of course people would die of ordinary accidents and ordinary illnesses, but Rick should be with his friends, not dying alone. Even if he somehow gets unimpaled (maybe the walkers jostle the rubble pile so his block tips sideways) and is able to remount the horse still standing there and rejoins the others, I can't stand it.

The "real" injuries are so much more painful somehow, as we discussed when Aaron's arm was amputated.

Also, I agree the Jadis/Gabe storyline was a jarring interruption in this episode. I don't know why, since I love having different stories spinning around at the same time, but it took me out of the story this time.

Finally, why would seeing a picture of a bat in a children's picture book about a baseball game give Michonne such pause. What would that picture do to Michonne that listening to Negan in person wouldn't do. That was just weird.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I actually gave this episode a 10. Loved that Rick and Daryl finally got back together. I also loved the interaction between Michonne and Negan. I'm wondering how that will fit in with their relationship going forward once Rick is gone. It also sets up all of the action for Rick's exit.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Lindigo: I think it was just jarring for her to see that image, of all things. Like fate was trying to tell her something, as with the bat at the beginning of the ep.

Is fate telling her she SHOULD give Lucille to Negan? Don't know but I hope not.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Things I like.

The direction/editing. I love that they jump from story to story, keeping the anxiety level up.

Rick and Daryl. That dialog was awesome, the emotion was raw. A fitting final scene between these two Brothers. Even got our first official "****" of the series.

The unease between the saviors and the rest coming to a head.

Rick getting his goodbye moments with the core. Looks like he won't get one with Maggie though.

So much to love about this season, sucks that they didn't make this change last season. With this show runner and these writers, Carl would still be here and most likely so would Rick.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Neuropyramidal

88% on rotten tomatoes, everyone liked it but stupid Jeff Stone and home schooled Nick Romano! Jeff's got stones where his brain should be and romano cheese smells like used funderpants!

• Funny Funny x 3