Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[904] Obliged To Rate it!

Discussion in 'Episode 904 - The Obliged' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 28, 2018.

?

Rate it, NOW!!

1. 10

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. Bravo! Capital! I'm Obliged to tell all my friends!

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  3. 8

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. 7

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  5. 6

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I think AMC is Obliged to give me a refund.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Fun with the f-bomb (continued).

Everybody who has been fortunate enough to hear Lincoln's audio commentary on the DVD episode "The Grove" is well aware that the man curses like a sailor.

If you haven't heard it, treat yourself.(Also, it's rare he does a commentary. He notedly has never watched any episode he's been in, and agreed to the commentary of this episode for that reason.)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seventh_son

Let them be the rain. We'll still be the parade.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Seventh_son

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I gave it a 9 - it was a great episode (the whole season was great so far), but I hate the foreshadowing of Ricks death.
    I loved the interaction between Michonne and Negan and that Daryl is speaking in whole sentences again.
    I agree about the Jadis and Gabriel scene could have been cut out and put into another episode, but I'm glad, that Gabe is still alive

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Like pretty much all of you, I'm absolutely grooving on this season and Kang's creative but steady hand on the controls. (I wonder if Gimple hears all the gushing and if so, what he thinks. I know he's going to be on TTD this Sunday, along with Andy and Yvette Nicole Brown. And of course, Hardwick will do his usual "Scott Mmm... Gimple" shtick. I would be really happy if SG just did the total fade-out after this appearance.) Anyway, you have characters acting in believable ways; smart people showing some actual smarts; Daryl speaking in complete sentences and making good points (even if I don't totally agree with him).

So this episode in particular...I give it a 9.5. I was relieved that Michonne kept her eyes on the prize during the "conversation" with Negan and that she knew what he was doing. Yes, Negan's an excellent observer of human nature, but he's not the only one. I loved Michonne's mocking, incredulous "You're trying to connect with me!" Her casual toss-away reply about Lucille's status was perfect: that old bat? It's just out there rotting in the rain somewhere. We didn't make a big fuss about it; we just left it there."

I was so glad that Rick and Daryl didn't part on bad terms. Yeah, they have some pretty significant differences of opinion; most gratifying to me, they expressed those opinions in ways that made actual sense. Daryl can say things to Rick that no one else can, including the fact that Rick is making decisions for the whole community based on what Carl wanted, and Carl...well, Carl is dead. "Let him go." I loved that scene when Rick was out of the pit and he was trying to pull Daryl to safety: "Brother, take my hand!"

Whatever happens on Sunday and beyond, if Kang keeps up this style and intelligence, I'm in.

• Winner Winner x 3
  7. Seventh_son

^^Yep, I'm diggin' that too; her clear respect for the audience.

• Agree Agree x 2