Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[905] What Comes After? We Rate it, Duh!

Discussion in 'Episode 905 - What Comes After' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 3, 2018.

?

Rate it. Now.

1. 10

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Celebration comes after!! What an episode!!

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. 8

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. 7

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. What comes after C? D!! And that's what dis gets!

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  10. Nothing at all comes after this. Good Bye, TWD.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

They should have ended Rick's story on the bridge. I would have been good with that. But Gimple had to throw in another ridiuclous gimmick. The guy has been like a tornado running through the entire franchise. Have never seen anything like it. Now they're going to make awkward solo movies with Rick alone, injecting some lame excuse about why he won't/can't go back to his family. They also have all the characters believing he's dead, when the audience knows he survived, and that casts a long shadow over TWD for which many that remain in its plummeting audience will have a hard time embracing.

It's like a rival network, sent someone into the series to sabotage it. But it's nothing that nefarious. It's just Gimple being Gimple.

I was going to watch the final 3 of this half before quitting, but I'm out now since they've done the time jump already. Years into the future without Rick, even though we know Rick is alive. What great storytelling!

Haven't give a number rating on these for a long time but I'll go with a 4 here for my last one, because I enjoyed the Shane hallucination part. But the soap opera ending sinks this one. It's sad though with what happened to the show; the fans deserved much better that this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

No, you're not alone. We're on the same page. Previously the worst ending of a series for me was Dexter, where he became a lumberjack at the end. I never thought I'd say this about a show, but this one was worse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I gave it a 10, I thought the episode was really well done. Loved the Maggie and Negan scenes, and even her with Michonne. Are we to believe that Negan's whole shtick was just him trying to get someone to kill him this whole time? I sincerely hope that's not how they're going to play that out.

I really liked Rick's hallucinations. It was fairly predictable (I had already posted that I thought that's what would happen). It was a surprise seeing SMG though, that was nice! Although I'm not sure why it was her, she and Rick weren't that close, I think it should have been Glenn but I suppose SY didn't want to come back.

The helicopter bit at the end was actually what I thought was going to happen, I posted that a while ago. What I didn't expect is that asshat GIMPLE then going on Talking Dead and telling me there'll be Rick movies. Gimple is such a destructive force. I thought when they sent him off we would not have to put up with his shenanigans anymore but NOOOOOOOOOOOO, there he is again. I just HATE him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Ruark

Ruark Member

I agree 110% about Gimple. That being said, here is my $.02 worth.

I'm at about a 2 or 3. Gave it a few points for the Maggie/Negan scene, although I still think she should have wasted the creep. Like many, I fully expected Rick to die in this episode, but now he's going to helicopter-land, a place totally unknown to us, and it will remain unknown for God knows how long. Of course, we do "suspend disbelief" to some extent, but there's a limit beyond which a show loses too much credibility. Two examples were in this episode:

1. The bridge explosion. For crying out loud, dynamite does NOT produce balls of flame!!! That only happens in Hollywood. Explosives produce a blast, NOT a fireball! I remember a war movie about Vietnam where the special effect guys would toss a match into a puddle of gasoline, and those were supposed to be grenades going off. Arrgghhhh. No. Same here.

Anyway... that pile of dynamite was big enough to flatten a city block. It would have blown Rick 100 feet AWAY from the bridge (he was already off of it when he fired the shot), and he would have been quite dead, likely shredded into hamburger. Instead, we get the Hollywood fireball, the bridge caves in, and Rick supposedly falls into the river. Then, still alive, he just happens to wash ashore right where Jadis just happens to be hanging out. OK. Sigh. Eyeball roll.

2. Judith. Judith Grimes. Good grief. So she's this cute Little Miss Muppet in Michonne's lap, and then she's like this? Trust me, the 8 year old girl never walked the earth who could handle a Colt Python, not to mention carrying a katana twice as long as she is. Top it off with that huge hat, and she looked like a kid dressed up for Halloween trick-or-treating. This is a perfect example of stretching the "suspension of disbelief" too far. Heck, why not just have her grow wings and fly? This is just too silly. And she's evidently going to be a MAJOR CHARACTER in the upcoming episodes. Oh, really, now. OK. Sigh. Eyeball roll.

This is precisely why so many have stopped watching the show: cluttering it up with silly, time-wasting characters and storylines like King Ezekiel and his CGI tiger, the garbage people, Morgan's stupid martial arts schtick, the Eternal Negan, etc. But I guess the producers have learned nothing from the past 8 years.

My plan was, after Rick was gone, to cancel my $28 a month SLING subscription and just catch up on TWD online a week or two after the broadcasts. And that's exactly what I'm going to do, after watching it last night. I have better things to do than watch this stuff. It has its moments, but it's no longer worth a $28 a month SLING subscription.

#24 Ruark, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Nobody really “dies” until we see it. Does that go for Heath, too? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

Sure does. Every once in a while i check in on that one. Lol. He'll be back!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I gave this season finale, I mean fifth episode a 7. It did have a season or mid-season finale to me. I was on edge for most of it thinking that each step Rick took could have been his last with those walkers right behind him. I did enjoy the dream sequences. It was nice to see Shane, Hershel and Sasha again. I was hoping for something with Carl though. They did seem in true TWD style for episodes dedicated to a main character's last episode.

But I gotta say I didn't love the ending. I was hopeful that Rick would be taken and not die but I'm not crazy about the way it was done. He got to say goodbye to no one. And the time jump basically pissed me off. I personally don't think the first one served it's purpose. So Rick is carried off by Jadis and mystery figures we still have yet to see. We don't see anyone mourn Rick because the time has jumped 5 years. And now we have to get used to more strangers.

Anyway, I thought it was over all a pretty good episode. I'm just not so sure it was worthy of being the last episode of one Rick Grimes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Welp, the polar ice effect is being felt on Rotten Tomatoes

18 Fresh 6 Rotten 75% rating (as of 12:00 p.m. CST)

Oh and Kate Gardner (The Mary Sue - BTW WTF is this?) Rebecca Hawkes (Daily Telegraph UK) Melissa Leon (Daily Beast) Brian Lowry (CNN) Jim Vorel (Paste Mag) Alex McLevy (AV Club)......
    [​IMG]

man I love a reason to use this gif LOL

• Winner Winner x 3
  9. BadassRick

BadassRick Active Member

10/10.

Rick's flashbacks were great. The one with Shane was my favorite. Can't put into words how much seeing Andy and Jon together again warmed my heart. My least favorite flashback was the one with Sasha - would've much preferred to see Tyreese, but I can overlook that.

Loved the Maggie/Negan scene. JDM's best acting performance on the show thus far IMO (and he's had a lot of great ones). Maggie's been great all season. I think this year has been her best to date.

I personally loved the helicopter plot-twist. I don't think they chickened out at all. I found it much more believable than the whole GlennDumpstergate debacle, and I think they handled the time-jump really well. After seeing the latest "Post-Rick Grimes era" trailer, I'm really really looking forward to seeing what's next. Haven't said that about the Walking Dead since Season 6.

Loved the Judith cliffhanger as well. Thought she looked awesome, hat and weapons and all. I used to think killing off Carl was a bad move, but now that I've seen what's in store for Judith, I foresee myself eating a lot of crow in the future and calling the decision to kill off Carl a stroke of genius.

As for the Rick Grimes movies....I protest Gimple as much as the next person, but anything with Andrew Lincoln, I'm giving a chance. Even if it's a 3-hour clip of him eating Ramen Noodles in a cabin that he recorded on his smartphone. 9 years running, Andrew Lincoln has never let me down artistically. So I'm looking forward to watching these movies, and I predict that they'll be great.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I just saw this, and on my quick skimming of the negative reviews, it seems to be they are really just not liking Rick's exit more than not liking the episode as a whole.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

That was my take away. And I get that his exit is not going to be to the liking of everyone. But I think that overall the episode was great (and please realize that I was one of those people who did not want Rick to be whisked away in a helicopter!)

12. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Fairly solid reviews for a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" ending.

Historically, these things tend to skew toward the negative, but i'm seeing overwhelming positivity here, there and everywhere.

Exception to the rule, I suppose. Cool.

13. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Your optimism is impressive. I’ll believe it when I see it.

14. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

10 a well deserved 10. so far this season is up there with season 1

• Like Like x 1
  15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I thought it was a really good episode overall, up until the last like, 3 minutes. No, not the time jump, that was fine. The helicopter stuff.

I'm pretending that never happened and the scene before it was the actual ending, and then I'm extremely satisfied.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. ange

ange New Member

I gave it a 9. Great action scenes. Liked the first flashback, then it got a bit too gooey (Shane's hair? He didn't have a fade. Details details :) ). Really wanted Maggie to kill Negan, as we've already had several seasons of The Negan Show and it's getting a bit tired for me.

It was odd knowing that Rick was never to return, then finding out on 'Talking' that Rick's story wasn't over. This is a man who would move heaven and earth to get back to his family, but he just isn't going to bother? Gimple stated it's going 'worldwide', so are we to have an amnesiac Rick starring in 'An American Zombie-Killer In London'? A bit of a push.

And Judith being a chip-off-the-old-block when the 'old block' is Shane?

On the whole I'm glad they didn't kill him off, but untrue to the character that he's never to return to Alexandria. Kind of looking forward to the time jump. Carol's hair was startling :) Regardless of the minor complaints, I'll still be glued to the screen next Monday. We're a day late and it was hell avoiding spoilers yesterday :D Onwards and upwards. Can't wait for the Whisperers.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am hoping that what we get is not actually in line with the now 6 year time jump but rather Rick's journey DURING that time. Possibly of his recovery, his attempt to free himself of his supposed rescuers, and possibly his journey back home. Of the groups he meets and possibly becomes a part of for brief stints while on his journey. Of course this is what I hope for, time will tell how the story will actually unfold.

For now I am choosing to keep an open mind to the possibilities. As I stated somewhere else on this forum - Andy not gone from the TWD universe completely? Hell, I am all in for that!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah but the time frame for Shane’s flashback was before he shaved his head.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Where is everyone getting 6 years from? I thought it was supposed to be 5?

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

5. 6. Tomato. Tomahto.

• Funny Funny x 1