Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[907] Stradivarius. RATE IT

Discussion in 'Episode 907 - Stradivarius' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 17, 2018.

?

Rate it.

1. As rare and exquisite as a Stradivarius.

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. 9

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Like listening to Fireflies on the harp.

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  4. 7

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  5. 6

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  9. More like a Hasbro kazoo!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Put down the LSD and do it.

2. Neuropyramidal

Good episode. I like how they are fleshing out Magna's group. Luke actually has depth this time! So far they seem to be handling the opening to the whisperer arc pretty well. 9.1.

3. blundig

blundig Member

Boring and disappointing as the penultimate episode of the season. There should be enough writing expertise to introduce new themes without making the episode a forgettable nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SStark

SStark Active Member

I'll give it a 7. Easily the worst episode of the season so far, but still better than the vast majority of what we got the past two seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Luxi Turna

Luxi Turna New Member

Totally sux nuts now. Absolutely NOTHING happened--not even character development.

One third of us gave it a 1 / 10, and because we're here, we are the most enthusiastic fans. I'm out after next sunday unless it gets much better then.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I need to be sleeping but just a few thoughts

I loved the scene with Luke and Michonne while he is talking about music and the effect it (the conversation) is having on Michonne. Nice job

Was completely taken by surprise with Daryl and his TWO X's

That opening was CREEPY AF

Yumiko....newest badass on the block

What I am not liking is the arc of Michonne being this completely closed off ice queen. I get that something happened and coupled with the "death" of Rick she is building walls for self perservation. I do hope that this is VERY temporary and she once again realizes that she still has family outside of Judith and RJ

While this episode was not as forward moving as the previous 6 it was still a very good episode. Set us up for what may prove to be a very exciting, heartbreaking, on the cusp of terrifying mid season finale

I am going with an 8

#6 Dnae, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Well, it seems to me that quite a few of us are really only here to complain and musn't have much of anything better to do in their sorry lives, so I wouldn't put too much weight on this.

I gave it an 8. Pretty good stuff. Just hated the night scene between Henry and Daryl.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

Yes, it was still a very solid episode, I was also not expecting Daryl to be sportin some X's. These past 7 episodes I think come in second place for the best 7 episodes in a row on the show for me. First place is Days Gone Bye through What Lies Ahead.

10. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Though this episode was far better than the filler episodes from seasons 7 and 8 it was still a clear indication of why 16 episode seasons is far too many. After last weeks episode they should have fully introduced the Whisperers this episode. Instead though they spent the entire episode simply traveling to Hilltop.

Only real standout thing for this episode was that Magna, Yumiko and co...do indeed seem to be getting a lot more development than they did in the comic.

11. Sully

Sully Active Member

No Judith made me sad. Though probably best they don't overexpose her so much, or else the haters who don't have her as their favorite character would get far too annoyed fast.

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I found myself missing her also!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I thought it was a solid episode. I liked seeing Daryl with Carol and her son, and opening up to them.

I gave it a 9.

It sets up the action for next weeks episode. Now that we've seen Daryl has these same scars Michonne does, WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED? Did Maggie do this? Looking forward to possibly hearing the answers next week, and even if not the episode with the smaller group facing the Whisperers looks amazing. Love the preview scenes of Jesus fighting, it looks spectacular.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

You can't send Maggie off without so much as a fare-thee-well. One full point deduction. Nine.

Daryl and Carol and the haircut. :)

Eugene's terror, figuring out the herd is hunting him. :eek: Telling the others the herd is whispering amongst each other. Are so! Rosita will back me up! Rosita crashing to the ground.

Dog running for joy at the end of the episode, leading the way in that aerial shot. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I didn't deduct points for Maggie because I think I heard through the grapevine that she requested a quiet exit and didn't want a big fuss to be made...but I can't back that up because I don't remember where I heard it. I have no idea what went on behind the scenes, but I know that there were issues with negotiations, etc. so whatever made her feel the need to go film a pilot was probably justified so i can't blame her for that. I mean this was right after what happened with Chandler Riggs so...i get it. But again, I really don't know what happened so as much as I love Maggie and think she needs a better sendoff, I'm just leaving that out of my rating. :p

I gave it close to a 10...some highlights for me were Aaron and Jesus having their secret meetups. I've been rooting for those two to get together. (SORRY ERIC, RIP) Their little romp in the woods was very Jack Twist & Ennis Del Mar.

The scenes with Daryl were really heartbreaking...the fact that he still wants to find Rick after all this time. :(

The opening scene was great...very suspenseful and creepy.

I also find this new version of Jesus interesting...he's got some attitude! It makes me even more curious to know what went on during the time jump. His hesitation makes sense about being the leader, because he never really wanted that position in the first place...but Tara might as well take the job at this point lol.

Poor Eugene...they think he's nuts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Oh no, glad she wasn't there. The introduction of a far better character, Dog, got that little mistake out of my head. :)

I think you mean Clouseau & Cato.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Neuropyramidal

I do think its a slight bit out of character to choose Eugene as being one of the people who experience an "evolved herd". Eugene is very logical, the first thing he would think of is that survivors are disguising themselves as walkers. I don't think he would jump to the conclusion that these are enhanced walkers. Unless his terror and emotion was just taking over, but if that's the case he would think more clearly as soon as he's out of danger. We shall see....

• Like Like x 1
  18. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I was worried with Rick leaving and then the big time jump but now I am seeing it opens up new possibilities to explore. I like the people having to rely on old methods ,horses, etc. I also like the introduction of the new group and starting to flesh them out. My one complaint during past episodes was that a few of the minor level hanger on characters(Tara, Rosita for example) should be included more or weeded out. It looks like showrunners may be trying to do that . I'll wait to see how far they go with that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I give this episode a 7. So I rated the last two episodes lower than the previous five. That doesn't surprise me. But hopefully the next one will be on fire.

20. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I gave it a 7....but I'll be honest, I think my hesitation to rate these past two episodes higher is that I'm suffering from "ftwd anxiety".

Not to drag that series in here, but since they are using the same "exposition storytelling" on twd, I can't help but make the connection. Ftwd set up so many "Oh shit, what happened during the jump" story lines and every single one of them fell flat. So I can't help but he skeptical that they will pull it off here. I'm expecting a huge payoff with the Xs and the relationship between Hilltop and Alexandria.

I believe Angela will do a much better job filling in the blanks than those Texas sized idiots did. But I can't help but to be nervous.

• Like Like x 1