Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[908] RATE that Evolution

Discussion in 'Episode 908 - Evolution' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 21, 2018.

?

Rate it.

1. 10

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Superb evolved refinement!

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. 8

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. 7

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  9. Devolved into a knuckle dragger!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. cycles

cycles Member

A disappointed 6 for me.

This episode seemed like a regular episode that was a setup for a better next episode.

Big mistake to kill off Jesus IMHO. The show lost it’s core character this season. Don’t kill off other interesting characters just because you need to make the mid season finale a little more unique.

What is the point of a cliffhanger if you are going to show us the outcome in the preview for the next episode?

Negan escaped. That was predictable.

2. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Introduction of the Whisperers: 10/10

The unnecessary death of Jesus due to poor creative decisions/leadership and mounting frustration from the actor: 0/10

Tom would have 100% stayed on board if his character wasn't treated so damn poorly.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

My rating is evolving as I think about the episode.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I gave it an 8. Maybe my expectations were too high from the hype, so I thought it was going to be more centered on the Whisperers and more horror driven.

Plus I cannot BELIEVE they killed Jesus!! WTF? After losing both Rick and Maggie maybe they could have waited a bit to kill off another fan favorite for no apparent reason. What, no red-shirts available?

Although that said he better actually be dead and not have it be some Glenn under the dumpster type thing.

The whole Negan escape just pisses me off. I honestly have no desire to see him be all Negan again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

This is why I am holding off on giving a rating. I knew this death was coming so I went into the episode angry and unwilling to view it with an open mind.

And yep, I am still angry that since his introduction they have mishandled what could have been one of the more interesting characters of the entire series. *Deep breaths* I am getting angry all over again.

So I plan on watching again, hopefully with a more open mind to the episode as a whole and then I will make up my mind if I give it a 7 or a 9

• Like Like x 2
  6. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

On the contrary, I am 100% ok with them offing an important character. Remember when TWD was unpredictable and we feared for our character's fate? I hadn't read the spoiler, and I really thought the "surprised guest" on TTD would be some second-rate dump I could barely name. The only character I was afraid to lose in this episode was Dog, but then, yeah, I was shocked and that's a GREAT thing. Just like losing Nick on FTWD, who was my favorite character - unexpected writing. That was pretty much the highlight of the episode, I would have liked a way less cheesy setting, with a way less cheesy plot device (the labyrinthine cemetry with the fog and the unescapable 5' walls), but still, the ducking and the ending blow were great.

I'm with you, I expected so much from this episode that an 8 seems way too high. But hey, it wasn't really worth the 3 I gave it either.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Melo

Melo Active Member

That's a 10 for me! One of the best episodes of the show with one of the most epic scenes ever. The Whisperers introduction was just perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

gotcha.

9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

10 for me.

Not being a comic reader I had real reservations about how the whisperers would work. I entered this stage sort of hoping the arc would be very short, like terminus or even wolves short.

But I think it works on the show wonderfully. Even though I knew what they were, watching them run towards the group and start fighting them, I totally understood their confusion when seeing them attack. It was jarring to see "walkers" move like that, the scene worked so well.

The introduction was stunning. Having him quickly duck out of the way and side step Jesus was such an intense moment, it happened so fast it took a second for my brain to catch up. Amazing moment. Sucks that they killed Jesus off, I was hoping Angela would be able to fix that character and make him as important and iconic as I believe he was originally intended. But hey, we still have Tara.

I really like how they keep dropping hints about the fall out during the 6 year jump. They are setting a few things up that may or may not be connected. The X scars, the Michonne/Maggie issue, Michonne not trusting people. The uneasiness between Michonne and Carol. So much happened in that 6 years and we keep getting little hints. I really hope it pays off. I'm still a little gun shy because of FTWD, they too set up a bunch of interesting arcs and every. single. one. of. them. sucked. So I hope Angela has the payoff I am looking forward to. I really want more "Oh shit!" moments.

Overall this half season has been the best....honestly, maybe since the start. Remember I binged 1-6 and didn't start watching the show live until season 7. So I blew right through those first 6, and as amazing as they were. The last two seasons, live, weren't really all that much fun. I don't remember many nights thinking "Man, I can't wait to see the next one.". This season, holy shit I can't wait to see where it goes. I'm as excited for this season more so than at any time before. But again, I binged most of it, so I didn't have to wait around.

A+ on this half season.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I went with a 9

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I was probably one of the most hyper critical peeps of season 4 FTWD. I am of the opinion that pretty much all of season 4 sucked with the exception of the episode in which Nick dies. And I place all of my criticism squarely on the shoulders of the two show runners.

I think that Angela has proven herself far more competent than those two yokels. Not to mention that she also has the experience of being a part of this production for several seasons. I have no misgivings about the second half of 9. And considering the stories she has been setting in motion for 3 episodes I would not be surprised if 9B surpasses 9A!

• Winner Winner x 3
  12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I have faith that she will pull this off, like you said she has done an amazing job. I'm just a little gun shy to come up with my own theories.....and God knows I love to do that....because even though most of my theories suck and never come true, usually TWD writes a better version. Where as FTWD sort of slapped me in the face by not only NOT writing better payoffs, they didn't write ANY payoffs.

Angela has done such an awesome job setting up so many plot lines and questions.....even before the Whisperers were introduced. It's like "Here's a bunch of hints about some shit that went down.....oh, we haven't even met the new bad guys yet.". Holy shit should 9b be amazing.

But yes, FTWD s4 was complete and utter garbage...I don't know how these people have jobs. You think my ideas suck, I'm frigging Shakespeare and King combined compared to those clowns.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

I'm running out of "winner" awards...

Great insights all!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. NakedCity

Just wanted to say I love your new profile pic/gif! It suits you well too!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

THANKS!! I am quite comfortable in admitting I have quite the girl crush on her.

Wait though....are you saying it suits me because I am difficult like her character? LMAO. Strangely, I am okay with that!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Magna in da house!

• Like Like x 1
  17. NakedCity

She's kind of sexy-difficult, so you should be okay with that. I'm sure she'd have a dungeon too around here.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

7. Because Negan screen time and the smell scene.
    And some for Jesus. I was unfortunately spoiled and knew what would happen but the way it went down...pretty cool :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

OMG I just realized that the stink eye she is throwing in the gif - I give the same damn stink eye!!! AmIRite @Jen7 ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1