Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[908] RATE that Evolution

Discussion in 'Episode 908 - Evolution' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 21, 2018.

?

Rate it.

1. 10

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Superb evolved refinement!

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. 8

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. 7

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  9. Devolved into a knuckle dragger!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I have seen you throw some stink!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ohhhh so many interpretations to be made with this post - she means my f*ck you side eye!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

And from another angle:

[​IMG]

4. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

3. Good spooky whisper scenes saved this episode from being a ZERO. So no explanation why best friends hate eachother. Kid gets drunk and acts like an idiot (for the unteenth time). Negan walks out the door. Some NO ONE points an nocked arrow at michonne (Please dont respond with "she blah blah blah", shes cannon fodder.) And the viewers are left as confused as ever.... And the viewership backs the product. Lowest audience for midseason finally EVER.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. kcspurs

kcspurs New Member

The ending saved this episode. Once again we spend half a season buol up to something and then it ends. I new someone was going to die. I was hoping it would be Eugene or the priest. Jesus' killed loads and only 2 left and everyone else stands around watching lol

6. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I watched this episode three times and I'm just still unsure how to rate it...

I just feel like this show has mainly two kinds of deaths: Those that fit the story and those that are forced by problems outside of the show...

Hard to appreciate the episode when a main character death was driven by the latter and potentially avoidable.. I am still angry as well, sadly.

7. Starscreamer

Starscreamer New Member

Just wow :cool:
    This season is getting better and better.
    Now already better then season 8!
    Even my girlfriend love watching TWD again :)
    Love the last episode.
    Beta killing jesus :( but good for the story :rolleyes:
    Dog is cool :cool:

8. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I know I am really tardy for this party but I made it. I gave the episode a 7. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either. Everyone has made great points for both the good and the bad that I agree with. However, I will say that even as I know each episode is subjective, it is really hard to believe anyone would give this one a solid 10.

Anyway, yes my being pissed about Jesus being killed certainly points to the bad. I'm sorry but most of the writing for that scene was not well done. Mostly due to the character decisions to move the plot I guess. But overall I like the creepy vibe they used for the Whisperers. I am very surprised that they didn't have the survivors remain freaked out at the thought of talking walkers a bit longer though.

9. WilliamBirkin

WilliamBirkin New Member

Staying true to the comics is all very good, but the tv-series has already diverged and changed a lot of important moments. In the case of the Whisperers I wish that the writers of the TV-show had chosen to do their own thing and not gone down the route of the comic. Let me explain:

The zombies themselves in the tv-series stopped giving off that feeling of horror that zombies should, around third season in. With the sudden appearance of the "Talkers", and even the change in mood that followed, all of a sudden we felt that horror again.

Look at the buildup and how Eugene went "that ain't a normal herd" or how Rosita went "No they can't handle it!"

Now that shit gave some serious chills. It was REALLY nice.

Darryl however just never really believes it and just go: "like here see? Zombos are just retards lol!"

Which ruined the whole mood. Not only did the fight take place in darkness with a lot of fog that made it very hard to enjoy it properly... and then --->

As such the show feels more like a sitcom or something. Gone is the survival horror replaced by your run of the mill drama.

So that was why I rank this episode so low. It was a failed opportunity to give the show some excitement again.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DocCovington

DocCovington Member

I was ready to give this a 10/10, because this is the zombie show I have been waiting for, not the constant group-vs-group crap of the past seven years.

But I can't, I have to rate it 9/10, for the ending really disappointed me. I would have loved for the walkers to evolve into creepy undead with an unsettling level of self-awareness and intelligence. Instead, we have a cult (?) that lives among them and commands them to do their bidding.

The death of Jesus was sad (and unnecessary, as the others had already opened the gate and they all could have escaped). I hated that man's ugly beard and hair, but I really liked the guy - and I am sad for Aaron for losing yet another partner.

11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

From what I read I knew they'd killed off Jesus in Season 9, but since I wasn't sure it was in this particular episode it did keep the suspense going. Once he said he'd handle the walkers alone though I knew that was likely going to be it for him.

So far they've done a good job of introducing the Whisperers. After reading about them in the comics I thought this would be a difficult aspect to do on the TV side, but so far so good.

It's too bad Gimple mishandled the Jesus character so much that Tom Payne wanted to leave the show. I think he would've fared better with Angela Kang.

Another good episode. It seems like even the way they are filming the show is better than it was during the last couple of years under Gimple.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Goodness knows if anyone was devastated about the death of Jesus - it was me!

And yep Gimple did not do the character justice. I cannot argue with that.

But I thought this was such a great episode. I had known since late summer that Jesus was a goner and I knew what episode it would happen. Even knowing that it still was able to keep the tension. And Magna and Yumiko showing up to "earn their keep" so to speak - loved it!

Like you I was very skeptical of the whisperers arc and was actually dreading when it would make its appearance. Then we found out about Kang as new showrunner, maybe just maybe it could work. THEN I found out who was going to play Alpha and I KNEW it would work.

The remaining episodes are great - every damn one of them. Again I am so jealous that you are watching them for the first time. I have watched them multiple times and they are still exciting - but you never forget your first time ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah, like I said before in one of the other episode threads I'm glad I stepped away after Rick's departure and I'm picking it up now. I have a whole new fresh look on the series.

Jesus at least went out fighting and it's a good way to build up the stakes with the new villains. I'm liking Magna's group a lot too.

14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I thought I was going to like Magna the most, and although I still really like her, Connie is my fave. With Luke a quick second.

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yep, I was prepared to like Magna the most from their group. Lo and behold Connie is my fave of them all with Yumiko as my close second.

Granted I love that entire group - they are a solid bunch and I hope we have them for quite some time (but we know that is not going to be the case :()

16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Crap I forgot about Yumiko....and she is up there for me too. Go figure. LOL