Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[Spoiler] 908 TSDF SPOILER

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Spoilers' started by Sharpie61, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SStark

SStark Active Member

Killing Jesus off is one of the dumbest things this show has done in a while. With Rick and Maggie not currently here, he finally had a chance to be the super important character that he is in the comics. Could have killed off Tara, Aaron, one of Magna's group, or whoever else.

Not a fan of them doing this at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I believe Tom Paine wants to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. carolsubmissive

carolsubmissive Active Member

They wrote Jesus so badly over the past couple seasons that I'm not surprised tom wanted a move. This probably isn't what he had in mind when he signed on for the job.

He's more of a background character than anything

• Like Like x 1
  6. offrope

offrope Active Member

They may as well kill him. Just like Andrea, they never let the character develop properly.

7. BulletofBullets

BulletofBullets Active Member

Ew whose idea was it to pair Enid and Alden up lol I thought he was Maggie's age and she's like Enid's mother figure so???

8. carolsubmissive

Pretty weird now that you mention it. Enid was meant to be same age as Carl right? So she must be about 16 before the time jump and early twenties after?

9. Basset Walker

Basset Walker Member

Killing off Jesus really pisses me off. I had hoped that with the changes we'd get to see him develop a lot more. Not leader of Hilltop, but a integral part of the show. Can't blame Tom Payne for wanting to move on but they really blew it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'm so disappointed about Jesus. It seems like none of Rick's lieutenant types ever gets a chance to shine. Tyreese was barely used, Abraham was good but deserved to stick around longer, and poor Jesus is kind of winding up the same way as Tyreese.

That said, given the lack of screentime for Jesus, I suspect this might have been Tom Payne's call, and I can understand that. He deserved a lot more than he got.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. SStark

SStark Active Member

I interpret Enid to be roughly 22 and Alden to be around 29-30 after the time-skips, so not the absolute weirdest thing ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Maybe Tom is a GimpleStan, like Jeffrey DeMunn was a DarabontStan...
    :cool:

13. carolsubmissive

What makes the Enid thing weird to me is that Enid and Alden met before the time skip. So he probably met her when she was roughly 14/15? And obviously he was roughly 25/26 when they met?

So to end up together is a bit weird lol had they met after the time skip and decided to date then 21/22 dating someone that's early 30s isn't bad

14. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Jesus will rise in three days, don't worry.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Carl's Pudding

So... Jesus gets killed and Negan escapes. What's next? Maybe the walkers could eat some baby kittens or bunnies or something....

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I think this has to be Payne wanting to leave, If it's not, I don't get killing him off, we really aren't gonna have much standouts on this show anymore lol. They could have at least waited till the border scene with the heads on stakes. It sucks if him leaving is because he wants to. Maybe Andy being gone really influenced them not wanting to stay. Perhaps Lauren Cohen thought of the same with the added on bonus of the contract disputes even thought she might come back. But I think this whole thing might have started happening when they killed Carl, it might have influenced Andy to not want to stay anymore as well. It's not even like Game of Thrones where they killed off a million characters, and still had many good characters left, this walking dead cast is getting widdled down A LOT. If one of Norman, Melissa, Danai, or Jeffery Dean Morgan leaves next, I don't know how this show will survive much longer, but that's just me.

17. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I think the socal norms would be thrown out the window in a real ZA. But I never thought they'd be together, I more so thought him and Maggie would have because they kind of had some interaction.

18. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Well, Jesus does not want to be the Hilltop leader and he, sort of, trained Aaron and passed on his fighting skills. Now, I wonder who will be the next-in-line leader. I suspect Tara would be, until Maggie comes back.

More interesting is Negan. When he met with Maggie last time, he showed 'remorse'. Now, does his escape mean he has changed back to his old self or was he never changed but just pretended so to fool Maggie?
    What is he going to do next? He cannot survive on his own, like Daryl, I think. He might try to find his old saviours? But, he would only find Laura?

19. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

M'ask y'all whether Michonne experiencing Jesus' death will increase her resolve to stay isolated or soften, especially with Aaron and Sadiq being her conscience?

20. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Excellent question, @Tigger. I could see J's death softening her somewhat b/c he was so open and his death doesn't come at the hands of one of the newcomers. Of course, that inclination may be immediately negated by the knowledge of Negan's ecape. I swear, that's the kind of shit that just grates my last slice of cheese. I know it's been a few years, but seriously--Gabe just spaces on locking the door?!?

Oh, and I was on the same page as @Gaycandybacon (which should terrify all of us): I thought they were doing a slow-build for Alden and Maggie. (Malden? Aggie?)

• Like Like x 2