Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[911] Bounty. Rate It.

Discussion in 'Episode 911 - Bounty' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 22, 2019.

?

Rate it

1. 10

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Absorbed my attention like a sponge.

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. 8

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. 7

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. 6

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  8. Switch to Brawny and handle any mess life gives you with ease. Yes, even if you have a bunch of dogs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

9 for me

And only because I am holding out for that 10.

I love Samantha Morton and her take on Alpha. @PepperAnn and I were fan-girling hard Sunday night!

Daryl - again another good episode for his character. This still surprises me

I wrote pages and pages of what I loved about the episode in the praise thread. No need to rehash all over again. I will spare all of you ;)

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I have a feeling we were both bouncing on the bed as our texts were flying with each other. :D

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I was not bouncing on my bed! I was bouncing on my couch!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Me too i thought she was totally deaf.

Im still not buying Daryl as a leader. Support yes, but not leader. He never liked making decisions for everybody. He would just do what he wants. Leave when he wants. Go to whatever community he wants. Being a leader would tie him down. I dont know if he would last. Maybe if they show him crack now and then like Rick did.

The alpha and baby seen was predictable but necessary. It showed these werent crazy people, just another group that had to adapt differently to survive. The “We are animals” lines gave justification to all of their actions. It worked and there are rules and they accept this new harsh reality. Alpha said you entered our territory, you killed some of ours, you took my daughter and we still have no conflict. Just give her back, ill give you yours and stay out of our territory. Daryl was more hostile than she was. If they dont try to paint the whisperers as evil that would give a lot more weight to every decision the community has to make when dealing with them. They should not be mindless like the wolves. They should another group of survivors. Sometimes they will have to compete for resources.

Almost forgot. 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Samantha Morton is great as Alpha. The character is going to end up being even more interesting I think that the comic version. The scene with the baby was really well done, when she just shrugged at the woman as the kid was crying and drawing the walkers close.

The last time we had really good villains on the show was Terminus, and the Whisperers remind me of that a bit in that you have group just set in their own bizarre world, but it's one that they feel is justified. The difference though is that Gareth and Co, relied mainly on luring people in and surprising them whereas Alpha's group is more formidable.

It's interesting too how Magna's group has blended into the show so quickly. It doesn't feel forced at all as other new characters sometimes did when Gimple was showrunner.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Samantha Morton's Alpha is without a doubt the best antagonist this show has ever had. She plays it to perfection. Every look, every shrug, every beat is made with purpose to drive her story, her character forward. I freely admit to being a fan of her previous work and that may possibly have something to do with how much I fangirl over Alpha. But damn she has done the impossible as far as I am concerned. She took a character from the comic that I just knew was going to be a hot mess when translated to TV and turned that character into one of the best TV "villains" of all time IMO. She is chilling, unyielding, steeped in flaws that run deeper than the obvious, sad/lonely, controlling, hardened with a dash (okay two dashes ) of sadistic thrown in for good measure. I squee internally when she has a scene because I know it is going to be an awesome scene.

And I agree about Magna's group just "feeling" like a good fit. I was a fan from pretty much the get go with them

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. PepperAnn

100% this. Samantha Morton's facial expressions are better than her verbal expressions, and her verbal expressions are dead on.

But she doesn't have to say a word to convey what she is feeling or thinking. I have never enjoyed an addition to this show as much as I have enjoyed her. That's why I can't WAIT for her to be on TD........or anything where she is fully interviewed. *heart eyes*

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

We are such smitten kittens for her LOL
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. PepperAnn

YES MA'AM. We need more Samantha Morton!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah, that shrug she gave to the woman with the baby was perfect.

• Agree Agree x 1