Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[914] Scars - Rate The Keloid

Discussion in 'Episode 914 - Scars' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 16, 2019.

?

Rate It.

1. 10

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Zit sure was an awesome episode!!

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. 8

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Maybe they should have consulted a dermatologist.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Scarred for life. I should have just DVRed Dr. Pimple Popper.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Just drop the corn dog and do it.

2. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I'll give it a 10.

I couldn't imagine what could have turned Michonne so inward. I was getting aggravated with her attitude.

Totally get it now. That was beyond brutal.
    I love that Judith remembered and processed it so differently.

The scenes with the two of them were incredible.

Loved the scene with Negan and Michonne too and the Daryl/Judith conversation. Great writing. Great acting.

I get why she had to kill those kids. I was honestly willing her to stop hesitating and just slaughter them. Terrible. I know. But they were too far gone. Time to look at the flowers.

I love how they filmed it, though. Back and forth in time. I wouldn't have wanted to see the kills from the past.

Loved the ending...until the Whisperers showed up.

Amazing episode.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

10. They killed children and I couldn't be happier. I have been waiting for the series to go that dark.

We have to assume Daryl killed some as well, he came out of the building with bloody knives. Michonne being forced to not only kill an old friend but kill a bunch of young kids. Amazing episode.

4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

9/10 Very good episode

One question - who were in the other graves near Carl's? Boots (Abraham?), some kind of Trophy,... We know that?

5. cycles

cycles Member

8 - it was a very good episode, I find it difficult to see children killed but it was an integral part of Michonne’s story.

Loved the interaction between Michonne and Daryl. Also loved the interaction between Michonne and Judith and Michone and Negan.

The motivation for Jocelyn and those kids did not ring true for me - then again, I didn’t grow up during a zombie apocalypse.

Also, why were pregnant Michonne and Daryl alone out there? Where were the other Alexandrians?

#5 cycles, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I gave it an 8. While I was glad to see the story about why Michonne was the way she was after the time jump, I thought it was done for shock value a bit too much.

They have really underutilized JDM this season too, we've barely seen him. I enjoyed his scenes with Judith, I wish they'd do more of them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Abe is buried at Hilltop along with Glenn.

I don't think the graves are necessarily anyone of "importance". but instead just a reminder that over the course of the 6 year time jump people have died.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am going with a 9.5

Normally I would round up to a 10 but I am being very greedy with my 10 rating this season.

I loved the episode but that moment at the end when the whispering chick says "we must tell Alpha" was just on the other side of cartoonish in its delivery. And since this one fault is how the episode ended I am giving it a 9.5

#8 Dnae, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  9. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Well I guess I am on my own island this week. Found this episode very weak and dumb. LOVE YOU!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

My husband is on that island with you. He hated this episode and couldn't see why I liked it so much.
    He didn't feel that it advanced the plot at all. Apparently he didn't much care why Michonne had changed.
    He was grumbling throughout about the back and forth through time and didn't see much value in anything that we learned.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I gave it a 2; Partly because i thought the whole branding thing was dumb, seemed like a weak tie-in to explain the scars, and therefor ended up being a huge letdown. Also because the vote selection made reference to Dr. Pimple Popper - a guilty pleasure of mine (the TV show!).

I'm with you too @PepperAnn !

[​IMG]

12. PepperAnn

OMG I WANT TO MARRY DR. SANDRA LEE!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

She is so cute and gorgeous and sweet! And pretty! (LOL)

14. PepperAnn

If all doctors had her bedside manner we wouldn't avoid them like the plague. Plus shes HOT HOT HOT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I give it an 8. I can't stand the sadism of the scarring. I always thought the x's were some form of branding, but that didn't make it any less awful. I enjoy the horror show, but I resent the occasional sadism. It wasn't casual, it was essential to the story, but it's just not what I want to watch for entertainment. If there were more of that, I would have to stop watching, so I'm glad it's rare.

Giving the children swift clean deaths didn't bother me. Sad but unavoidable. That retained humanity in a world where Daryl and Michonne had to stay alive against the children's implacable determination.

There were so many wonderful quiet scenes I loved. Judith could practically carry the franchise all by herself.

• Like Like x 1
  16. PepperAnn

I loved how they handled the killing of the children.....showing Michonne killing walkers in the same fashion she was obviously using with the kids.....in current time. I thought that was cool. Nice way of fixing the issue of killing kids on screen.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was brilliant.

18. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

10. I absolutely loved it and it's very well in my top 5.

But I love Michonne, so I'm biased.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Wow, that was intense, one of the better ones in the entire series. In the past Gimple would've given us that backstory as a bottle episode but this was much more effective working it in with the present. It ties up all the loose ends with Michonne's state of mind. The Judith and Michonne scenes were excellent. Two left to go. Will be watching 915 tonight.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have been anxiously awaiting your watch thoughts on this episode and I am so happy that you enjoyed it.

My only complaint with the episode was that it was unclear what Daryl was up to when Michonne was slicing and dicing her way through kids (at least for me it was unclear). Thinking about it now (as I type) I suppose he was probably pulling a damn bolt from his shoulder, no thanks to one children of the corn kid. That may have taken him a skinny minute to recover from.

I agree about the Judith and Michonne scenes. And damn Cailey Fleming (Judith) can act with the best of them. Whoever was responsible for hiring Cailey and Cassidy (Lydia) deserve a big ol kudos and hats off - both of those actresses are amazing.

• Agree Agree x 3