Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[916] Rate It, You TWD Meteorologists.

Discussion in 'Episode 916 - The Storm' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 30, 2019.

?

Rate It.

1. The Perfect Storm

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. 9

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. Mostly Sunny With a Light Breeze

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. 7

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. Partly Cloudy With a 40% Chance of an In-Law Visitation.

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Ball Sack Sized Hail With Icy Road Conditions

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. Severe Drought Leading to World Wide Potato Famine.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Global Stink Bug Uprising

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  10. Toad Zombie Apocalypse, and also every gas station on earth is out of Fanta.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I SO would have made the same decision to save an animal. I know I would have. Stupid? Yep, no doubt. But I can see myself even as an adult making that same knee jerk decision LOL

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

There's absolutely no problem with Judith going after the dog, it's everything else that didn't work in this. Not tying Negan, having Negan going alone after the kid (I'm sorry, but in the line we saw, Negan goes and everybody there understands that Negan - the bat swinging maniac - is going for the kid, and nobody moves), not ziping their coats but pretending the cold is deadly... And the rest of the episode wasn't better.

This episode really feels like nobody on that set ever saw snow in their life. I can't get over the exploding zombies and the ones covered to the shoulders while there's not an inch of snow anywhere else...

3. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Personally, I thought all the scenes with Negan were really good. I have to admit I knew they were going to make me like Negan. The fact that they got me liking Daryl virtually guaranteed it would happen.

And when he pointed out to Michonne that no one thinks they're the bad guy, it was a really powerful moment I thought.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yes, I like Negan, too. OMG. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I gave it an 8. Soft 8.
    I loved the Negan scenes. His dialogue, his Judith rescue and his conversation with Michonne were all great.
    Other than that....
    I wasn't too impressed.
    There was some good character exploration. The Carol and Lydia moments in particular.
    A lot of the frozen zombie stuff was ridiculous, but fun.
    I'm happy that they didn't kill anyone else, especially Dog. Do you think that Daryl will thank him for saving Dog and Judith?
    The snowball scene showed hope, a little bit of lightness after all the dark. The fact that Lydia, Daryl and Carol joined in was great. I don't want to see 'lost Carol' again.
    I don't think Carol left Ezekiel for the show to put her with Daryl romantically. At least, I hope not. That just doesn't fit for me.
    I think she needed to be with her family and away from the fairy tale life gone horribly wrong.
    The ending with the radio was weak. I wish they had gone the way of the internet chatter and made it someone instantly recognizable...Rick or Maggie. And showing someone actually hearing the voice would have been more exciting, more powerful.
    It makes sense that the Whisperers would migrate South for the Winter, given how they live.
    What did Alpha mean about preparing for what comes next? I don't recall her actual words. I didn't get the impression that she was just talking about Beta beating the hell out of her arms, though.
    Is she assuming that the communities will seek revenge or is she planning something more aggressive?

• Like Like x 2
  6. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Forgot to rate it, I give the episode a 9.

It felt more depressing than I expected, but it was a beautifully done episode. I think they handled the follow-up to last week really well. Even a month or two after the tragedy there is this palpable sense of tension, sorrow, and all around existential dread.

I agree the radio ending was rather weak and I would have preferred it was Rick.

Out of all the sadness, I genuinely appreciated the snow ball fight. Especially how RJ just continues to pelt Daryl with snowballs throughout the scene haha

• Like Like x 3
  7. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Me too. Especially if it was mine or my friend's dog.

Also, I'm starting to realize that they need to give Judith some challenges/mini-arcs so that the audience can see how much she's inspired by her parents and Carl.

Helping her Mom see reason on helping those you love, thus opening her heart (and braving the outside world by going alone) and then her running off to save Dog is Judith's chance to show how awesome she is while still being a kid.

Judith and Lydia might actually be the first kids on the show that don't genuinely suck (I loved Carl, but his story and Chandler's acting were very touch and go for seasons at a time).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

i must be old fashioned but i believe in strict parenting to stop children disobeying orders and putting themselves and others at risk.
    dammit judith, you're as cute as a button but do as you are told!
    i hope the writers dont turn her into an annoying precocious brat.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I don't disagree, and while strict parenting could foster obedience and maintain security it can also stifle independent thinking.

The show is probably going to make her do some really stupid stuff, but I just hope they make it so that she learns from those mistakes and doesn't repeat the same major mistake twice. If she does, that's when she'll unfortunately become another stupid kid on TWD.

10. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Just caught up on the finale, I have so much to say but right now it’s late (for me anyway) and I would like to rewatch both 15 and 16 again before commenting, so will limit myself to rating it: it’s a 9 for me too.

P.S. one thing I do want to say right away... how CUTE and carefree was that snowball scene? (I really needed that after last weeks episode and all the trudging through snowstorms and worrying about Dog and Judith and the horses being left behind and everything else).

• Like Like x 3
  11. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

God knows the showrunners love to tease us Carylers.

I'll always ship Caryl, but they've waited too long. If it finally happens next season, it won't have the emotional impact it should've had. :(

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

7 and 3/4. I had to deduct for no action but tbh, it was better this way. Slow burn, wrap up with hints of stories for next season. It was a good come down from the last ep.
    Carol and Zeke - brilliant.
    Zeke and Daryl's...'conversation' was so awkward and simple and amazing.
    Negan <3

• Like Like x 1
  13. cycles

cycles Member

7. This did not seem like a finale but it was fine as a regular episode.

The good;
    - Ezekiel’s character development.
    - Negan’s redemption.
    - Negan’s comment about nobody thinking they are the bad guy followed by an immediate scene switch to Alpha was well done.
    - Decent tension on the journey.
    - Nobody did anything insanely dumb.

The bad
    - The chimney waited until the most dramatic moment to combust? That seemed contrived.
    - Last episode, Ezekiel is holding a swap meet and doing the hail fellow well met act. This episode the kingdom has collapsed in disrepair.
    - Next season is shaping up to be war with the whisperers. I hope it is not a repeat of the war with the governor or the war with Negan.

• Like Like x 1
  14. blundig

blundig Member

Fail to see how anyone could think that torturing and killing so many people can be erased by saving one person. I could see killing him immediately after the snowball fight just so the liberals don't get dumb and get people killed again.
    I couldn't take the King and Carol breaking up seriously because I couldn't see that Potemkin Village charlatan being involved in anything seriously to begin with. I almost gagged at "winter of our discontent." In any event, a very large percentage of couples break up after the death of a child.
    But I gave it an 8 because of the superior job done to create the air of wistfulness and loss. I almost wish it was the end because there is such a weak group left from a fighting standpoint.

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Oh sheesh, sometimes Chandler's acting was cringe worthy - felt forced.

I already give props to Cassidy/Lydia as a young actor - the girl went toe to toe with Samantha Morton and held her own! She was amazing in the scene in episode 15 where the two of them are by the school bus having a "chat"

And the scene with Cailey and Danai after they slay the walkers (episode 914) - beautifully executed

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. There's no way Negan could get redemption, not as long as anyone from the original group is still alive... And that was a snowstorm, it's not even as if he'd risk his life for the girl! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I give it a 5. Some interesting human elements (Carol leaving the King, Negan and Michonne) but I expect SOME action in a season finale.
    I disagree with "relatively small area of the ASZ" if you're referring to the Alexandria Safe Zone. They weren't anywhere near Alexandria during this storm.

18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Judith and Negan's group was inside the walls of ASZ. They were making their way from the meeting house to Aaron's house.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Good to know it wasn’t just me. :p

• Like Like x 2
  20. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Yes, I see that now. I rewatched and things made more sense. Shouldn't try to multitask whilst watching TWD. Thanks.