Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[916] Rate It, You TWD Meteorologists.

Discussion in 'Episode 916 - The Storm' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 30, 2019.

?

Rate It.

1. The Perfect Storm

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. 9

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. Mostly Sunny With a Light Breeze

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. 7

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. Partly Cloudy With a 40% Chance of an In-Law Visitation.

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Ball Sack Sized Hail With Icy Road Conditions

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. Severe Drought Leading to World Wide Potato Famine.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Global Stink Bug Uprising

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  10. Toad Zombie Apocalypse, and also every gas station on earth is out of Fanta.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

True. I probably said the wrong one. I guess they both hit me the same way. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Poor Mika was just being literal, not cranky, which was what I suspected.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DocCovington

DocCovington Member

Agreed. :)

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It was refreshing to have a season ending episode that wasn't a cliffhanger. It's something Game of Thrones did (when it was still a good show). The final episode was often a wrap up that built future plot points. When you tell a good story you don't need gimmicks to bring people back.

It was good to see walkers in a winter scene for a change, even if some of the moments were a bit far fetched. I also think it's a smart move to condense the communities. It'll make it easier to tell the story going forward when we have just Alexandria and Hilltop.

As someone who never liked the Negan character I'm still completely buying into the whole Judith and Negan relationship. So they're doing an excellent job there. I still think though it's going to be an extreme challenge for them to work Negan into the fabric of the show after all he's done.

Overall this was a great season, far superior to anything we saw over the past few years. Kang is doing an amazing job, particularly when you consider the path the show was going down when she took it over.

Danai leaving presents a new challenge though. I'm leaning toward them needing to kill off Michonne because I don't see how she would ever leave Judith behind. Really looking forward to the premiere on 10/6.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I agree with all of this

I even agree about Michonne. I know it is an unpopular path to travel but I think it would be in interesting way to close the chapter on her character. To see in their present time line how a loss like that would effect those closest to her (e.g. Judith, Daryl, Siddiq, Aaron) Losses are going to occur, it cannot be that every character we love gets to live. Time will tell I suppose. If she does live I do hope that somehow Ms Kang has a magic rabbit in her hat of tricks and is able to develop an arc that is worthy of the character and the time we, as fans, have invested in Michonne.

Angela was given herculean tasks to overcome in season 9. Losing Rick. Losing Maggie. Finding a way to make the show feel fresh after 8 seasons. Losing a great number of characters to the whisperers. Laying the foundation for a different Negan (not necessarily a completely redeemed Negan - but different). Did I mention losing Rick!?! But damn she pulled it off with finesse and a whole lotta good storytelling.

Here is hoping she is able to avoid that so called sophomore slump. I want so badly not only for us the fans and also the actors/characters, but also for herself,to have season 10 blow us away and surpass season 9 in quality and world building.

Sidebar: I just read today that the premier for the final season of Mr. Robot is also slated for October 6.

#64 Dnae, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

For those of us who've been suffering through FTWD, pretty much anything she does will make us feel blown away.

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

YAYYY So glad you are back on board. This season was excellent!

• Like Like x 1
  7. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

It was a great season finale. I prefer what they created to having a cliffhanger. Having the super traumatic episode coming before it was good storytelling.
    I can only see Michonne leaving her children behind if she's found out (maybe through the radio?) that Rick is alive and she goes to retrieve him....or....death. She wouldn't take their children on such a dangerous mission.
    When I found out that they're planning on releasing the Rick movies in theaters, it made me think that maybe possibility one was the way they'd go. She would be a good box office draw.
    With AK in charge, whatever her ending on the show is, I'm confident that it will be a good one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

If Michonne dies too it has to be at the hands of Alpha and the Whisperers. It would further up the ante with Alpha as a villain, and it would be a good death for Michonne against a formidable adversary. She needs to go out fighting like Jesus did.

I'd love to see Danai in the films with Andrew Lincoln but the biggest problem there is the time skip on the show. And even if the first movie handles everything inbetween and she came in for the last two, it's still going to be contrived getting her from point A to point B.

The one thing that gives me pause about them killing her off is RJ. I'm unsure if they would've brought him into the picture if they didn't plan on having a Michonne and Rick reunion in the future.

9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I give it a 10 just seeing Negan...of all people, Saving Judith and (Daryls!) Dog! Who in their mind thought this would happen?