Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

92Pony's Rate it Gif Style Thread

Discussion in 'Episode 511 - You're Still Here' started by Dnae, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The whole ordeal with Alicia having a resistance to killing walkers was idiotic. And then they were in a hurry to save the guy that the other dude shot? And that was all over a book? Really? Why doesn't Logan hold Morgan and Al captive until they tell him where the oil fields are? He had them outnumbered. What do they do with this oil to make it into gas? Do they have a refinery working off of a generator? Now they are going to hold Al's videotapes as ransom? I'd make one change to the title of this episode. I'd add a questionmark to it, "You're Still Here?"

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yeah the whole oil field thing has me puzzled, but not in a good way

Logan kept yammering on about those oil fields being more valuable than Morgan and Co could imagine. At first I was thinking "oh no. Don't tell me these oil fields are somehow tied to the helicopter people who are somehow tied to Rick's story." And then my second thought was "god NOOOOOO keep these buffoons away from Rick and his story" And then I mustered up a wee bit of solace in taking into account that the helicopter people would have seen these oil fields when in flight.....right? RIGHT????

But then I realized that we are talking about a collective of people who cannot seem to weave a believable story to save their lives so why would I even think that something that seems obvious would even be a consideration on their part.

Back to square one.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Haven't seen it yet, but your gifs make me incredibly excited to go on and lose another hour of my life on this!! :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I really don't know why, but I actually liked this episode. o_O
    Maybe it's because my expectations have dropped below the cellar.
    Maybe I've been brainwashed by the Morgan cult. :eek:
    Maybe because I like Wes.
    I have a lot of the same questions others brought up though.
    What the hell is Logan up to and how did he know where she put the tapes? At least he's adding some tension and mystery to an otherwise lackluster story line.
    I hope that once Morgan does his cathartic family story video interview.... please, please don't show it!... that he'll get back to Grace before she dies. Leaving her like that was a real dick move.
    Althea, the documentarian of the apocalypse is making me think of the Catholic priests I grew up confessing my "sins" to. It's annoying.
    So Xena the warrior princess of the apocalypse suddenly can't kill zombies, but at the end of the episode she seems to come back around.
    Fastest case of PTSD ever dealt with.
    But still...I liked this episode. At least, more than I liked the others. Excepting Humbug's Gulch which was at least funny. In a completely ridiculous sort of way.
    I thought I saw
    I would have used a gif, but which one? Me standing alone on an island I guess. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The tapes I believe were more of a happy accidental type of find. One dude looked at Logan and said "the journals are not here" - that leads me to believe it was a journal he was seeking and just happened upon Al's tapes

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Imma help ya out......

[​IMG]

OR

[​IMG]

OR

[​IMG]

OR

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. KiernansFaerie

Great gifs. Thank you. :)
    Logan said something kind of cryptic about locating that vault. I think. I'd have to watch it again, but that's not going to happen. Once is more than enough with these episodes.
    I think you're right in that he was looking for the journals, but found the tapes instead.
    But how did he know they were using that place at all?
    Al said something I don't remember to Morgan about how she knew about that place. Someone she interviewed I think?
    I don't get Logan. He had Morgan and Althea outgunned, but he lets them drive away? That was weird. What's his end game? The guy who captured Dwight said he didn't know why Logan wanted those oil fields. He seemed to be telling the truth. I wonder if anyone in his group knows the full scope of what he's doing?

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

If you go to the AMC Walking Dead youtube channel they did a series of videos called "The Althea Tapes" or something like that. The mentioned in the episode is an interview she did with a guy names Clark (at least I think that was his name). Its the posted video below:

Those interview tapes (with the exception of the one with a young girl and older man) are far better than any season 5 episode we have had!

• Like Like x 1
  12. KiernansFaerie

I saw a couple of those. I'll have to go back and watch the rest.
    Thanks!

13. naossano

naossano Member

It is me or is it the first episode of the season to be almost average ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

It's you. Previous episode, even if underwhelming, was a lot better. And I think 508 was probably the best of the season. This was very stupid. The book, the painting, the PTSD stuff... there's no word. The bank, the tapes, everything Logan, there's like nothing that you'd even want to make sense anymore. Why is there guns left in a police station? Nobody thought of looking in there?

Now rating this with a gif.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. naossano

naossano Member

Maybe it's because they toned down the «we live for saving» speech a little or that other characters provided counter-argument. It doesn't feel like all the characters are an hive-mind like previous episodes. Or rather, it does feel it, but a bit less.

16. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I'm still stuck in what has become average zone for this show. I liked the walker at the beginning that tore itself to bits before it could get to its target, and the other walkers were pretty cool, too. But then we get to the plot and we have things like a walker who is venting tear gas, and Victor doesn't do the obvious thing of going inside with everyone else and waiting for it to fizzle itself out. He had a perfectly clear path.

I don't have ink in my printer, so I didn't have the BINGO card. I was hoping it had a square for No one is THAT stupid, because that's the one I was checking off at that point.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Stealth

That's why you have to always make sure you're doing something else while watching Fear. It doesn't deserve anyone's undivided attention.

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Stealth

Yeah I didn't even think of that, because so much else was wrong with the episode, but why didn't Strand just go inside. He waited out there to take in the tear gas? I was more annoyed at the time with how weak and stupid they were making Alicia.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I am really not even sure why she is going through this weird PTSD in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Girl was doused in *cue music snippet* RADIOACTIVE *end music snippet* walker blood so now she is afraid to kill anything

[​IMG]

She's an irradiated walking ticking time bomb - but whats her name gave her a quick bath so all will no doubt be okay. Crisis averted. NOW LETS GO SAVE SOME MORE LIVES GANG!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1