Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

A Discovery of Witches

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Dnae, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have been sucked (pardon the vampire pun) into this series

Ummm Matthew Goode is enough to entice me to watch

And the story is quite engaging

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I meant to watch this but didn’t get a chance. I’ll see if I can catch up.

3. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I've recorded it - haven't watched it yet. I had hoped to read the books first.

4. X-HUNTER

X-HUNTER Well-Known Member

It is goood! Totally captivating and that vampire is to die for. @purriwinkle, our old friend Allistar Thorn (Owen Teale) from the Night Watch is in this.

5. purriwinkle

FINALLY, I’ve started watching this show, which is great for the summer and I can binge watch! So far I like it a lot. Matthew Goode is sexy and I like the Brit vibe of the show. Does Owen Teale always have to play a dick? Lol. Back to watch another episode.

6. purriwinkle

OMG! I just finished season 1 and I’m hooked. I loved everything about it and what a cliff hanger! I only wished I’d seen the original airing but then I can’t imagine having to wait each week for a new epi.

It was nice to see Sophia Myles again. Haven’t seen her since Moonlight. Wish she had a bigger part but we may see her again as Diana’s mother. And as for Matthew Goode? Lady Mary Crawley had good taste. ;) Loved the politics surrounding the congregation. The magical effects were fun. I enjoyed that the vampires are church goers. They gave us good guys and villains and we know right off the bat who we’re rooting for. What I want to know is where are the Werewolves? Oh well, can’t have everything. Lol. Did everyone notice that the vampires didn’t have fangs? A nod to Twighlight perhaps?

I’ll be looking forward to season two. I have a feeling from what we saw at the very end that they didn’t make it to London. A little Witch Wind please to sweep away the pests.

7. X-HUNTER

@purriwinkle Like you, I cannot wait for season 2. I have bought the books for an easy, relaxing summer read and to tidy me over until the new season starts. I wish I had library access like you guys in the US, over here the majority of books are in the national language and very few in English. Time to move to the States!

• Like Like x 1
  8. purriwinkle

If I can find the time, I think I’ll give the books a read myself, and yes, I’ll probably check them out at the library. I hope they won’t be too different from the show. I haven’t recovered from the GoTs debacle yet, :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. X-HUNTER

@purriwinkle. D & D must be getting hate mail non-stop, I read they addressed the 1.7 million petition, but I did not bother to read their comments, it is done and they can say nothing to change it. I am on vacation here, but my time is spent doing the floor to my Home Office. So many things I need to get rid off, it's amazing how much one collects over the years and right now I need the space. I am two thirds finished in the first book and there are some subtle changes, for instance, in the book
    Up to now, I prefer show Matthew, as I found book Matthew to be a bit more overbearing or should I say more protective of Diane. The acting is good and I love the setting, especially All Souls and Diane's house in Madison. I