Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

A few questions..

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by Dearell68, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Dearell68

Dearell68 New Member

After Daryl splattered Beth with the walker brains why didn't she get fresh clothes, matter of fact why didn't they both get fresh clothes from the golf shop?

And I thought once your're dead you can still turn? So why wasn't all those people there walkers?
    What if you take poison you don't came back but if die any other way you do?

2. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

Well, I really can't answer the first question as I've thought the same.

The second question is because they died from some type of brain trauma or some type of brain damage after death. Who knows exactly what.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Apparently if you die from laughter or from eating too much Velveeta Shells n' Cheese you don't come back as a walker, at least according to Rowan Atkinson. As for the clothes question, I can't speak to it, other than it wasn't really Daryl's fashion style.

4. Prophecy

Prophecy Member

If you look closely, you can usually see either bullet holes, or some type of head damage from decaying bodies as the camera pans. For the ones you don't see, you have to assume they were killed by some sort of head or brain trauma either before or after they turned.

Because if you didn't die by brain truama; no matter what, you will come back as a walker.

5. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Daryl would look rather fetching in that white cardigan sweater.

6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'm sure at that point Beth probably realized it was pointless to keep changing into clean clothes. Plus hadn't they left the store at that point? She had already taken him on wild goose chase for liquor, she probably didn't wanna be like "my new white sweaterrr...I must go change". lol

7. Machete

Machete Active Member

I wondered why she didn't got back for clean clothes... or just take more than one set. Seems like clean clothes would be fairly valuable in the ZA...

Another question I had was why did her clothes go from being brand new (with a few spatters of zombie guts thrown in) to completely dingy and gross like five seconds later.

Beth must sweat a lot... ewwwww...

8. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

I think there were just too many obstacles for them to go back. They had to fight to get to the bar in the first place. If there hadn't been a door to the golf course in the bar a guess the would have had to go back.

It would have been entertaining, though, to see Daryl in a set of golphing togs.

9. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I agree. They had just come up from the golf shop and the walkers Daryl splattered came from behind them, so to go back to the golf shop would have meant going back down into an area that might have had more walkers in it. Probably didn't seem like it was worth the risk.

10. shakey

shakey Member

I think it's safe to assume that neither character was thinking about practicality at any point in this episode. Sometimes being on this forum is like imagining ancient Sumerians attempting to understand, and articulate the world around them. Some things aren't meant to be understood. Some things defy logic (Like a zombie picking up a doll) or a sheltered 17 year old questing for a drink of hard liquor a mere 48 hours after seeing the pater familias lose his head. Wait, that actually makes sense.

11. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

WHY ARE THERE DEAD PEOPLE WALKING AROUND? Four seasons in and it still happens.

#11 SFA, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  12. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

I guess you haven't read the comics, lol.

13. tsahi

tsahi Member

That is not necessarily true. We've seen plenty of dead people throughout the TWD world who were just dead in their cars, in the street, and in their homes, without turning. For example, the people in the cars in the traffic jam not far from the Greene farm. I think it's safe to say that not everybody turn after they die, although all of the characters who played on the show and died, turned.

14. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

At some point early on, I would think, some people would have been infected and some would not have been infected yet. At a later point, everyone left alive is infected. Those people in cars could have died before being infected since it was at the very beginning of the outbreak. Same with the people in the golf course?

15. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Two reasonable questions. Concerning the clean clothes. Perhaps they gave up out frustration dealing with the constant, inevitable filth. As for the corpses with no apparent head trauma. You are correct, everyone is infected and will turn into a 'walker' unless the brain has been compromised. Kirkman officially addressed that question back during the gridlock scene. He confirmed Jenner's findings as the status quo and stated all corpses succumbed to some sort of head trauma ...also the dead in their cars was a kick ass scene and needs to be played out in alllll your quality horror flicks;)