Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

A major travesty!

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Season 2' started by Whatatwist, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Wrecker

Wrecker Member

During the Northeast blackout of 2003 Landline Telephones, cell phones and the internet still worked even though there was no power for 2 days.

2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Jennifer Lawrence?
    If you need to pull them down from the Cloud later then you are doing so over the Internet!

3. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

It seems to me you are overlooking what the Cloud is. It's just some company's giant servers, whether it is Google, Amazon, Itunes, or whocares. If you downloaded it to your device, then fine -- but that is increasily hard to do. If you didn't,then the cloud is likely just as dead as Sat-Phones.

4. Wrecker

Wrecker Member

Yeah a bit off topic but basically a bunch of celebrities had photo stolen off there iphones.
    They didn't realize that they where synced up with apples servers (icloud), so even if they deleted them off the phone they would also need to log into icloud and delete them there.

A guy got 10 years in jail for sending them emails looking like they came from apple asking for there passwords.

My original question was why did the poster think it was unrealistic to think that a person in the ZA could be listening to music on their phone. basically... He said because its coming from the "cloud". I said how do you know its coming from the cloud. He said well because everything comes from the now of days.

#1. She could have the music stored locally. Its not that unlikely even now of days.
    #2. The Internet could still be around for quite some time into a ZA. Yes LA been bombed, but they are around islands now and could be getting a signal from one of them.
    I am not saying this is what is happening on the show i'm just saying its possible.
    Cruise Ships have internet via satellite on board. The iCloud data centre is in North Carolina, so as long as those data centre's generators are running they can be reachable.

Unless powered by some sort of wind turbine or solar they will eventually run out of fuel.
    However this is not far fetched. Google's data centre are something like 35% powered by wind and solar.

But then there is always internet via satellite.
    "VSAT systems provide high speed, broadband satellite communications for Internet or private network communications. VSAT is ideal for mining camps, vessels at sea, satellite news gathering, emergency responders, oil & gas camps or any application that requires a broadband Internet connection at a remote location."

Satellites are pretty self sufficient. Eventually they will fail but that would probably take many years.

5. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

That is actually legit one of the reasons I don't keep mine on the cloud. I want to be able to enjoy music even if this kind of event occurs. I would at least be able to find a way to supply power to my cell phone if I'm clever enough.

6. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

The better question is why you would want to use music in the apocalypse. I mean, I do get it, music is not only joy but also an escape for most. However, putting your earbuds in or using a headset would make you extra vulnerable (wouldn't hear anything coming or at least not as well) and playing it on speakers will just attract someone or so. Even if you play it really softly someone or something out there might still hear it. Not necessarily but the risk is just higher.

Like, I'm a big fan of all genres and generations of music and often play it loudly whether through speakers or a headset; but even in the world as we know it it makes me vulnerable sometimes. I try to be as alert and careful as possible but there's always a possibility I don't hear something in time or w/e.

In her case she wasn't paying a lot of attention to most of her surroundings either. With her earbuds in something could've easily approached her from the back without alerting her in time...

7. Nola

Nola New Member

You are all wrong, comically so. show doesn't take place in 2015.

8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I have a problem with her still acting like a dumb 00's generation teenager who listens to her god damn music even when the dangers are all around her and she do not really know if this place is safe or not. Ear plugs make you not aware of your surrounding and then a sudden suprise bite and she is dead.