Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

A New Beginning Special Art

Discussion in 'Volume 22: A New Beginning' started by Tony Davis, May 20, 2014.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

#1 Tony Davis, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  2. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Randy Grosjean

Randy Grosjean New Member

This is an awesome piece of art but with Carl missing his right eye wouldn't he hold and shoot a pistol like that from his left hand?

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Nope. I'm right handed but left eye dominant and I shoot my glock with my left eye more often than not. Handguns it doesn't really matter-- since the sight radius is so short and the gun is so far away from your face you can easily switch eyes.

Rifles on the other hand are a different story. He'd either have to shoot from the hip or learn to shoot lefty, which is a pain in the ass and can sort of help explain away why he missed negan in 104.

I'm more concerned that he's got a revolver rather than his semiauto. I hate wheelguns and would be fine if TV Rick never picked up the python again and just rocked joe's 1911 for the rest of the show.

#4 HondaS2kXD, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
  5. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

6. Randy Grosjean

That is interesting because I am left handed and left eye dominant but always used to shoot handguns with my right hand (I think I did it more unconsciously because that's how I saw everyone else shooting). I always found it difficult being consistent shooting with my right hand and aiming with my left eye. I now shoot both rifles and handguns left handed and aim with my left eye and find that I am much more consistent.

7. Randy Grosjean

That is interesting because I am left handed and left eye dominant but always used to shoot handguns with my right hand (I think I did it more unconsciously because that's how I saw everyone else shooting). I always found it difficult being consistent shooting with my right hand and aiming with my left eye. I now shoot both rifles and handguns left handed and aim with my left eye and find that I am much more consistent.

8. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

To each their own I guess. For handguns I can shoot left eye, right eye or even both eyes open. Rifles like I said, you can learn to switch hands but it takes practice. My pap is a righty and shoots lefty for his eye. I'm righty and shoot righty, but "can" shoot lefty-- sometimes a situation does not afford you the ability to shoot righty, for example if a deer goes the wrong way when hunting, or you are pinned down playing paintball.

9. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

You beat me to it! I almost made this thread yesterday. LOL--Anyway; they're going to be releasing a new character promo each day this week to promote the new story arc. Can't wait to see the others; I also think it's very cool how this seem to mirror the "Who were are/What we Become" theme from the season four finale. Just like the "Leader, Archer, Samurai" bit from 416--Carl asked "Who are we?" and Gareth had the answers. The promos couldn't be more symbolic of this theme, in my opinion. It's rather neat actually; you see in the images the words "All-American Boy" and "The Girl Next Door" represents "Who they were" and the images of the characters themselves shows the "What we become". The image as a whole answers the question of "Who we are​".

10. jwcoombs

[​IMG]

This isn't official; it's fan made. But, cool nonetheless; and a very good job as well.

11. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

They'd look great as wall art..

12. jwcoombs

I thought the same thing! I'm currently using them as lock screen on my devices. I can't wait until the release Rick's. They posting a new character everyday this week on the comic site; so I guess they've only done promos for seven characters? I love the concept though; taking the pre-plague ideals and applying them to the apocalyptic circumstances. It's the whole "Who we are/What we become" theme. Basically; the words, or "labels" describe the normal roles people assumed before the turn; the image behind those words shows us what the "new normal" looks like in this post-apocalyptic world.

Back to the art though--I just moved recently and have taken this as an opportunity to display my vast TWD collection which has been boxed up forever. I've framed a lot of my comics, mostly rare and iconic issues, as well as variants and milestone issues(#1, #19, #27, #53,#66, #100, #127). I'm also currently working with a local print shop to enlarge, print and frame so of my personal favorite and most iconic panels and pages. It will be nice to have some cool, high-quality TWD art on the walls!

#12 jwcoombs, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
  13. jwcoombs

[MENTION=3700]H5N1[/MENTION]

Now that you've got me thinking about it; have you ever checked out "Walking Dead in Color"? There's a thread over on the roamersandlurkers board that's been going for a little over a year now; where a very talented user(and others as well) have expertly colored page after page and panel after panel of the series. It's really quite impressive; I recommend checking it out if you haven't already.

http://www.roamersandlurkers.com/topic/7853-walking-dead-in-color/

14. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Ah, cool, you tricked me. I thought this was real and wondered how I hadn't seen it yet. Love it!

"The Farmer's Daughter" was released this morning.

15. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

16. jwcoombs

[​IMG]

I didn't see this one coming.
    I know Mags was mentioned several times in 127; and I had no doubt she was doing well. But I figured the would keep us hanging on until the next few issues to reveal her.

Especially with the whole Glenn Jr. situation(although it's no secret that the baby would have been long due by now; if it made it). Speaking of babies; Maggie ought to write a book on shedding the baby belly after birth, because she's looking as trim as ever. I have to say I'm glad she's growing her hair back out as well. Never was a big fan of the pixie cut.-- Makes me wonder now if they'll release a promo for Michonne or Ezekiel?

#16 jwcoombs, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
  17. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

"The Small Town Sheriff" was released this morning.

Where is Michonne? OMG I'm gonna burst. She'd better still be alive! :shining:

18. jwcoombs

19. jwcoombs

Well, we're not going to be getting a Michonne promo. Rick was the last one.

But, she's alive. Don't worry. She's just such an anticipated character that I figure they're going to save her 2-year reveal for the pages of comic rather than a promotional ad on the website. It could also mean that Michonne underwent the most vast and different transformation.

#19 jwcoombs, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  20. jwcoombs

[​IMG]

That's all of them folks!