Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

A question about Liability Only car insurance

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lindigo, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

This isn't for me. I have every kind of coverage and plenty of it.

My neighbor had Liability Only, a car hit her car, only that car was at fault and she has witnesses. (She will never have Liability Only again.)

But here's the question, and google gets all distracted and won't answer it. Is it SOLELY her problem to get payment from the at-fault driver who won't answer her phone calls, or does her insurance company help in any way? I believe he has both liability and collision with a different company.

Extra bonus question: Any idea what is the best method to go after the other driver? Probably the only option is an attorney?

Thanks.

(Thank God it's only a damaged car and her child wasn't hurt. She would already be going after the guy with a Kalashnikov.)

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

She should have contacted her insurance company in regard to the accident. At that point her insurance company will handle the claim for her, e.g. contacting the other parties insurance company in order to begin the claim process. She should have no reason to try and make contact with the other person or the other person's insurance company.

As a sidebar, if your neighbor is only going to carry liability she/he should at least consider adding uninsured/underinsured coverage. I have had to fall back on that coverage twice and it saved me a ton of money!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Thank you! She did contact her insurance company. All they did was deny her claim, which didn't help since she knew she didn't have collision. So that's good to know they contact the other party's company.

But it was her daughter who was driving, and I learned she didn't get the guy's driver's license or the name of his insurance company. The police ran the phone number and said it was a good number in Sacramento (where the accident was). Maybe there is nothing more her insurance company can do with just a phone number.

She is buying collision. She said ruefully, "I get smarter every year."

4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

If she doesn't have the other guy's information, she's basically screwed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

Sadly this is true.

• Like Like x 1