Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

A telling of history

Discussion in 'Episode 710 - New Best Friends' started by rumbaboi25, Feb 20, 2017.

1. rumbaboi25

rumbaboi25 New Member

So, I don't know if this has been doscussed, but a major point of discussion at my house is the way in which each community this season is symbolic of a different period in human history.

Thus far, we have decided that Alexandria is most like modern times. It has running water and electricity. It is suburbia.

Sanctuary is alluding to the industrial age due to the heavy industrial setting. They also are using trade (by force, but still trade) to get goods instead of producing much on their own.

The Kingdom seems very renaissance to me. The lush gardens, the continuation of music and education. Ezekiel is the kind of King who wants his people to be happy and intelligent. Very enlightened in an apocalypse.

Hilltop would be reminiscent of Midieval times. Unlike Ezekiel, Gregory doesn't really care about the prople who live under him. The giant mansion makes me think of a castle while the serfs are outside trying to scrape by. This is also where we see the blacksmith, which feels very midieval to me.

Oceanside community reminds me of amazonian women. They represent the Classical Age.

Finally, the new group of Scavengers are pre-agricultural hunter gatherers. Their use of language almost seems to have decended to short, non-complex thoughts.

This is just my observations. What do you guys think?

Also I am pretty tired, so there's a good chance I'm not making any sense.

• Like Like x 8
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I'm impressed. That's a lot of thought going into a show about the ZA. All I can think about is how fine Mr. Rick Grimes is. hmmm....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Interesting idea. I would disagree on Saviors though. They really arent trading. They are more of an empire where the conquered have to continually give the emperor (negan) tribute. Either that or like the mafia where the conquered region's "trade" offers them protection (primarily from Negan)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. rumbaboi25

rumbaboi25 New Member

Valid point on Sanctuary. Perhaps its a combo of industrialism and imperialism?

• Like Like x 1
  5. rumbaboi25

rumbaboi25 New Member

Also, another hallmark of the industrial age was the unsafe and unfair business practices that took place, which could be indicated by the high risk that rick and co face if they don't make their quota.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Negan and the Saviors = Atilla and the Huns?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Very interesting theory. And some great responses as well.