Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

A third WD series?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Sharpie61, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

if rotated correctly, AMC could go 48 weeks out of 52 per year with some sort of Walking Dead show airing on Sunday nights

I'm good with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I agree if done right. Otherwise we just joined the “famous last words” club. Lol

5. NakedCity

They can't do worse than they did with FTWD. I'll be there.

6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

When I read the article, Star Trek came to mind. Honestly, how many of them do we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. PepperAnn

I’ll be there too!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Good, I've been hoping they'd continue to expand. TWD universe has a lot of potential.

Hopefully they find a cool angle and tackle it in an interesting way. Fear started out with telling an outbreak story, and although that didn't last long it continued to make itself distinct by setting the story on the sea, Mexico, and including aiming to build the main character(s) into a villain. Well, until, y'know.

I want this, I just don't want it to be TWD clone #2. The apocalypse is too creatively rich to just do the same thing again.

9. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Don't take the phrase active development too seriously. Studios are constantly in the process of developing new ideas for programs/movies. For instance Disney recently said that they are currently developing about five additional Star Wars shows on top of the three that have already been officially announced for their streaming service. Does it mean any of those five shows will happen? Of course not. It just means they are developing ideas for potential shows. Don't get worked up about something that hasn't officially been announced yet.

To be honest if the ratings continue to drop for their two current shows I'd be surprised if a third show happens. As I'm sure they realize that increasing supply when the demand is going down isn't the smart thing to do.

#9 lastcat3, Mar 2, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  10. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I’m all for a third show!

11. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

It started off fine. Then spun out of control. Ya it has to be a different type of show in the same universe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NakedCity

Agree to disagree. To me, it started really weak and only got interesting in season 3. Only then, the very weird season 4 spun out of control after mid-break.

13. PepperAnn

I LOVED season one.

14. DeadZedHead

I liked that it was completely different show and story in the same universe

15. PepperAnn

Me too. And I loved Nick’s freak out and how he knew something was off and no one believed him.

16. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I loved season 1 of Fear watching it again recently.

I think I expected something different at the time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Just wait until they crossover with CSI for CSI Apocalypse.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

There are rumors that David Morrissey will be reprising his role as the Governor. Which makes me wonder if this new series won't be something many of us have been asking for.

An anthology series telling the story of the villains backstory. I know a lot of people would find that interesting, I know I would.

A series focusing on the Governor starting from the beginning of the outbreak and following him until the moment he encounters the group. Do these one season at a time. One season following the Governor, the next season following Terminus, maybe one focusing on the Saviors. Sprinkle in the Wolves, the Claimers, and other minor characters or groups we have met along the way.

I think stories like that would be interesting, it would test the "if we followed so-and-so" theory. That if we followed a "bad guy" from the start, we wouldn't see them as the bad guy, instead we would see Rick as the villain. I say let's put that to the test. I want to see a sympathetic version of these villains and see if we can begin to understand their motivations by the time they encounter Rick.

EDIT:

Forgot to add, that was one of Dave Erikson's motivations with Madison. To follow someone who is or will become a villain. She was never presented as a solely good person, she was always seen as someone who was much closer to being a villain than a hero. She was only the hero of the show because we followed her, not because she did heroic things. Obviously this was changed with season 4.....which is another reason it sucked so hard.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Last month I read something about Morrissey wanting to reprise the role of the Governor, but I didn't notice anything about it being seriously considered.

20. DeadZedHead

Merle from cuffs to gov would almost be a series in itself.

• Like Like x 1