Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

A Thread About Carol Killing Lizzie

Discussion in 'Episode 414 - The Grove' started by highway234, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Caryl

Caryl Member

I have some soon to be hard boiled eggs on the stove.

2. Darylette

Darylette Member

oooh, that reminds me. I need to buy more eggs, I used my last two in the cookies.

3. Caryl

Caryl Member

I always have eggs. I eat them almost everyday and use them in everything. They're one of nature's super foods. :)

4. HeadlessHershel

Lizzie was trying to prove the walkers weren't really dead. To her they were just different. Lizzie cared about the walkers. She fed them, she talked to them and could 'hear' them and it upset her when they were killed. Was that compassion misguided? Yes. Does that make her a murderer? No. If we were talking about an adult I would be inclined to agree with you but Lizzie was an 11-year-old child whose only real crime was not understanding how the virus worked. Maybe Carol should've spent more time teaching the kids about walkers instead of showing them how to kill with guns and knives.

5. Darylette

Darylette Member

They are a staple. I had poached eggs on toast this morning.

6. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Beware the Wangdangers!!!

7. Benzel

Benzel Member

How does everyone like their eggs? I prefer scrambled.

8. HeadlessHershel

A woman is born with about one to two million immature eggs, or follicles, in her ovaries.

9. Caryl

Caryl Member

Yes and when a woman is pregnant with a girl she's also carrying half of her future grandchildren.....

10. Komodia

Komodia Member

I eat a poach egg every morning

11. SweetD213

SweetD213 Member

This is an interesting point of view. And I understand it. What stood out to me was the Holocaust example, as I took a Literature of the Holocaust class back in college. We read a short story told from the POV of a nazi soldier. The main questions of that class were about who was allowed to contribute to the Holocaust narrative? Is it improper to turn Nazis into human being with real feelings-to make them somewhat sympathetic? The answer to this, I believe is yes, and here is why. Monsters didn't exterminate millions of Jews, human beings did. It is important to see the humanity in a person who does unthinkable things, because it reminds us that we have the same potential for doing that which we cannot fathom doing.

As for TWD, that scene did springboard conversations. Some of you wouldn't have killed Lizzie and some of us would have. We are talking about the why and that's important. It made me realize a lot of people do not understand mental illness and what it takes to fix it, especially in children and that does worry me. Those like you on the other side of the debate are worried about people like me who know that situation would not have righted itself, that they did not have the necessary means to help Lizzie in a way that would prevent her from being a harm to others or herself especially in the realm in which they lived. We are not in a Post apocalyptic world, so obviously under normal circumstances we would not advocate killing a mentally unstable child. We are living in a world with real options.
    I wonder, if Lizzie were an adult having the same symptoms and having done everything that Lizzie did, would you still be having this conversation in such a heated way?

12. Darylette

Darylette Member

I've never had eggs Benedict.

13. Antoine Nagel

Antoine Nagel Member

14. Antoine Nagel

Antoine Nagel Member

15. Antoine Nagel

Antoine Nagel Member

Infanticide is also a frequently repeated theme in Stephen King's novels : The ghost twin sisters in Shining, the father who
    in Pet Semetary, the father who
    at the end of The Mist (this one was directed by Frank Darabont, it's funny to watch Andrea, Dale, etc, starring in this movie), and many others...

#35 Antoine Nagel, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  16. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The written story of The Mist has a completely different ending.

17. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Writers are allowed to write things that will make the reader uncomfortable.

18. Antoine Nagel

Antoine Nagel Member

thanks for making the clarification, I only watched the movie (i didn't like it), im not sure with Shining either, i know its not exactly the same story...

19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The written story is much better in both cases. I hated the movie 'The Shining'. It had almost nothing to do with the book. The Mist followed the book much better except for the different ending, which I did not like as well as the book's ending.

20. Antoine Nagel

Antoine Nagel Member

I feel the same about Pet Semetary and Running Man (i read the beginning of Misery, it looked better than the boring movie too). And I dont know a thing about The Shining book, but I liked the movie itself.