Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

A "What if" moment regarding the garage scene

Discussion in 'Episode 1010 - Stalker' started by Woodstock, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

When Daryl and Alpha were lying there and Alpha saw the blurry figure going towards her, for a split second I thought it was Negan.

I know it's still too early for this to happen because the story still isn't quite finished, but I can't help but feel this would have been the perfect scenario for Negan to take her out, saving Daryl at the same time and thus finally redeeming himself (if it happened at a later moment for example, like after the war maybe).

2. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, but like you said, this wasn't the time yet.
    I also think that if we are still getting the redemption arc for Negan, his final act on that arc needs to be something very spectacular and in front of everyone.

He saved Judith and Dog, but there were no witnesses. He saved Lydia, but no one saw. If he is the one to kill Alpha, or Beta, that will need to happen in front of everyone, I think. It will be a crucial and decisive moment for all.

With all this sex stuff now they are pushing Negan into a very ambiguous arc where we are made less and less sure about his true allegiance. Just like what they did with Eugene back in the day. But Eugene came good in the end. We'll see about Badger Negan. (Name coined by #Dnae.)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

In Eugene's case I had totally fallen for his game by the end and was positive he was on Negan's side. Was happily surprised when he ended up going against him.

As far as Negan goes they are definitely trying to make him ambiguous but I guess I am just too heavily influenced by the comics. Not even the eventuality that they will change things (like they have done many times with the comics) is doing anything to make me less convinced about that. Whenever I see Negan, no matter what he does, in my mind he's just playing Alpha.

#3 Woodstock, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

A lot of what Eugene did was out of weakness. When it came down to it though he couldn't do anything that would cause harm to his old friends. Negan is dealing more from a position of strength. He's chosen to join the Whisperers, and Alpha has no clue how formidable he is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. BlackBird

There is one common ground though. Both Eugene and Negan felt unappreciated by our group. In Eugene’s case he had a point. Rick wasn’t exactly appreciative of his skills. And Negan suddenly gave him extraordinary privileges to reward him.

And Negan now too must be feeling like
    “Come on, after 8 years, they still won’t give me a f**king break. I could be of use to them but they just don’t wanna know. I saved Judith, that stupid mongrel of Daryl’s, Lydia, and all that counts for nothing. Nothing I will ever do make bygones be bygones. They’re so stupid they’re gonna go down to the Whisperers. So I might as well be on the winning side. Or just play it cool and see which way the chips will fall in the end.”

I think he’s portrayed right now with all these thoughts running through his head. I hope he will side with the Alexandrians in the end, but it’s not clear cut, and I don’t think he even knows how it’s going to play out. One thing for sure, he must consider being a whisperer only a temporary phase. After the war he has no intention living like this. But the future is one big blur.

I also think Eugene played it safe for a long time and waited for the perfect time to help.

6. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

What if alpha gets preggo with a little negan?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. BlackBird

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. BlackBird

Seriously though, it doesn't look like she's gonna get time to find out.

#8 BlackBird, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Your idea is so much better. Hell add Lydia in it to, she and Negan g ot along well but let Negan redeem himself.

Who will he bash in the skull of now!? Beta? :S

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Oh...she didn't die? Alpha? Damnit! Urgh. Kill her and Beta already and move on in this shitty plot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Stealth

At this point I think they're going to have Negan Lucille Alpha during battle. I bet it's Daryl that gets to kill Beta.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I love to see Negan just turn and bash her skull in in a few episodes and in the finals or next mid season finale, Daryl gets to kill that unkillable fu'er!

14. BlackBird

They better let Daryl have Beta, I agree. And it looks like Negan gets Alpha, but why during battle? Why wait that long? Let all these people die at the Hilltop and their place trashed? He was supposed to be all about "people are a resource". And now in the preview he's...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stealth

I agree. I think he's waiting too long. Maybe it'll be a surprise kill during the Hilltop battle. Also Gamma knows he's in the Whisperer camp so if he does go forward with this attack, and doesn't flip now, I don't see how he has a road back to the group that makes much sense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

I
    I see Beta willfully joining the Horde after Alpha's original Kirkman demise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I can see both Negan and Beta just peacing out (separately of course) after Alpha is killed. But I hope Negan sticks around and finally becomes accepted.

18. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Maybe let Jerry handles Beta. Beta is 6'5'' and 198 lbs. Jerry is the only guy that can physically match Beta. Jerry is 6'2'' and 308 lbs.
    But I think the writers will let Daryl have Beta so that their fight in that deserted building (ending up with Beta falling down an elevator shaft) can have a conclusion.

• Agree Agree x 1