Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

AB

Discussion in 'Episode 905 - What Comes After' started by Miamicuse, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

There has been a lot of speculations on the net on what "A" and "B" mean.

Some say Alpha, Beta leadership quality
    Some say After, Before being infected
    Some say A**hole, B**ch personality

Don't know.

What I would like to know...

(1) is this A & B thing in the comics or straightly a TV thing?

(2) is this in any way related to the appearance of the letter A in TWD going back many seasons. Daryl was wearing an A while imprisoned by the saviors. The letter A showed up in a porch railing in Alexandria, I think the A was also at the Terminus. A was everywhere. We're these As related to the As the helicopter wants?

2. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Definitely not a comic thing.

3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I assume they use fresh walkers as a sort of slave labor. Maybe using them to turn machines like a hamster wheel. Generator, grinder, well drill, whatever. As they break down they lose strength and they need to replenish them with fresh ones regularly.

So those are A's.

A B is someone who will be part of the community, probably still working within the community but someone they keep alive. Those types use resources so they aren't as important as an A. With such a small number of living humans to turn into an A, they are a more scarce resource.

Rick was an A, they planned on infecting him and trading him. Negan was an A for the same reason. Negan was going to be the payment for taking Anne. Gabe was a B, but once he refused to go willingly he became an A.

It could also explain what Rick does during the events of his trilogy. He's somewhere far away and isn't exactly sure where, he can't leave. So he bands others together to find a way out and back to his family. Similar to the Maze Runner movies.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They may try to unite those different "A"s symbolically somewhere, but story wise, they are not related. At least not 2 of them.The A's in Alexandria stood for Alexandria, the A on Daryl was part of Negan's system for the slaves.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think I heard Jadis told the helicopter guy that ''I now have a B...I never had an A. He is strong....''
    So, Rick is a B and is described as ''strong'' (I am quite positive that Jadis used this word).

I think, 'strong' should not refer to Rick's physical strength but more to his ability to lead, and with skills and the will to survive in dire situation (more like a MacGyver type).

6. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

A was also on a car at the Terminus, I think.

7. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

This doesn't seem consistent with a few things.

Ann/Jadis said she NEVER had an "A". If A is just a common every day walker, there are loads of them everywhere. Hardly think someone resourceful as whoever the helicopter folks are need to waste fuel to recon, monitor, capture and trade for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

So there is the mystery of "A" in the backgrounds of many episodes and locations.

On top of that there are also the "A" and "B" the helicopters were harvesting.

and they are not related.

This has an X file feel to it, lots of planted mystery but doesn't tie back together down the road.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

She was preparing to have Rick, Negan, and Gabe all bitten by a Walker. In Negan and Gabe's case, this happened right before she was attempting to leave on the helicopter. She specifically called Gabe an "A" before knocking him out and strapping him to the creeper.

The person on the helicopter told her it would take an "A" for them to take her. So clearly the "A" is payment.

When she tried to convince them to take her and Rick, she called Rick a "B".

So there are no inconsistencies there. We go off what we know. She uses people as payment for trade. She clearly attempts to have these people bitten so they obviously want an infected person as payment. Why, we don't know.

My idea is that fresh walkers are used to power things, and as I said, over time they break down and aren't as useful. Maybe that's why.

Or maybe these people are working on a cure and need freshly bitten people to experiment on.

Either way, "A" is someone infected and "B" is not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I agree with this. The previous "A's" are unrelated to the helicopter people. Especially Alexandria. There is a chance they retcon the A cargo car and make Terminus a group that also supplied people, but I doubt it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

If we go with this theory, then why even look for freshly infected people? Just get all Bs then infect them wherever they are taking them, that way the timing can be much easier control, instead of trading for "A"s that were freshly infected and having to worry about may be they weren't as fresh as they had wanted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Maybe because infected people are weaker and easier to deal with. I honestly don't know. I just haven't heard any theory that makes sense, that's the best I can come up with that fits the facts we know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

OK the more I think about this the more confused I get.

Basically we have four data points.

(1) Gabriel - Ann Jadis said she thought he was a B but after he refused to keep her secrets she decided he is an A. He then tied him up to be bitten but changed her mind last second.
    (2) Negan was supposed to be an A but that didn't pan out.
    (3) She called Rick a B and said "he's strong".
    (4) She said she never had an A.

If she never had an A that means A is difficult to get. A cannot be just any walker wandering around all over. A also cannot be just anyone who died and freshly turned because she has truck loads of her own people she put through a giant meat grinder. Then it seems A could be someone who has been bitten and either about to die...to give the helicopter folks because they need these for their experiments - may be they are trying to figure what happens in the time between being bitten and before they re-animate. May be A means "Animating" or something like that.

I kind of think her calling Rick a B may not mean much. She has no idea what happened to Rick. From her vantage point he seems badly hurt, holding his lower abdomen and bleeding badly, may be she thought he was bitten? That could be a intentional misdirection for the audience...

Most likely I am over-analyzing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Yeah I was of this thought process after Ep 3 (My post from Ep 3 thread about an A and B)

I got laughed at for the thought but good to see more people are seeing it this way as well.

I definitely think the helicopter group is experimenting on people maybe to find a cure or a way to combat the infected or infection?

And yeah Jadis/ Ann's timetable of holding Rick captive seems aligned with the arrival of the helicopter group's timing as they clearly had a scheduled arrival time at the dump.

I like where you're going with the A B mystery.

#14 WillyJakkz, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  15. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Curious (and I'm not being argumentative here - honest question); Have you heard or read this theory (overall "A" vs "B" theory) somewhere, or is it something you've put together?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Someone said something on either reddit or Twitter, maybe even here. About Jadis using walkers on people she was giving to the helicopter people and that "a" must be infected people.

That got the ball rolling and after the last episode when she called Rick a B it sort of all came together. Now I assume the helicopter people are working on a cure and want recently bitten people to experiment on.

But if that's what is happening in the movie, I would never take credit for it. I've recently heard the same thing on New Rockstars. I throw so much shit at the wall something is eventually going to stick.

Plus reading these forums and comments on reddit and Twitter, I take in so many theories and opinions I honestly can't remember if an idea is something I came up with on my own or something I read, forgot about, and resurfaced in my mind at a later time. So I only take credit for my terrible theories (Daryl's daughter), never the ones that are actually good. Because chances are, I was influenced by someone else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

When it comes to Rick being a B, I think Jadis lied. He was an A and she was going to have him bit by Winslow way back when. I think A's are leaders and thus more difficult. B's may agree to be there and go along with things, when Gabe refused, she called him an A. The part that sticks in my head is that first, Jadis let Gabe go, she wasn't the person she used to be. And while waiting on the helicopter, she heard somebody on the radio say that Rick blew up the bridge and she noted that. I think she recognized he sacrificed himself for the others. She said he saved her life. Not spared it, but saved it, maybe in the sense she came back to humanity because of him. She told the helicopter guy she was trying to save a friend's life, and I think she was. They obviously have medical skills that Rick needed, or he'd probably die. And she can clue him in on how to act like a B. I have a feeling it will be far easier for Rick to Act like a B and live, than to be an A and die.

18. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I will quote myself to condense my thoughts:

Ok, that might be far-fetched, but I don't think the helicopter people are working on a cure - or if so, only to find another use to the virus and purpose to the zombies. They have to be antagonists, otherwise there's no plot or point to these movies and Rick's back within the first year to be with his family. The movies won't be about him being locked in for 10 years, nor about him trying to find his way back (well second option might be a possibility, but wouldn't be a very popular trilogy).

19. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

That's brilliant. I'm surprised Haircut didn't have that going for the Saviors.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Remember when Rick went back to the dump, and they held him in the shipping container. It was an A container. She also took his pictures “for after”. She then set the walker after him again.
    [​IMG]

I think she lied to the helicopter people. She really thinks he’s an A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1