Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Abandoned Fully Stocked Water Park...

Discussion in 'Episode 404 - Buried' started by TDogResurrected, May 9, 2018.

1. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Why/how is there an abandoned water park that has medical supplies, food, and weapons? So the vultures didn't do it (cause they would have stripped the place). Zombies didn't do it (Cause there would be ALOT jammed in there, dead bodies everywhere, their wouldn't be a barricaded area of retreat, or ammo left behind). Soooo what the hell happen? Everyone just dropped dead? Maybe an infection like the jail, but seems odd that there's some much supplies, weapons, ok firing position and no one there. Everyone that was there had to have died (otherwise they would have carried off all the supplies). Just weird, its like running across a unlooted mom and pop hardware store or grocery store and just never addressing it.

2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

As much as I also want to know what happened, I like the guessing game of it :) It looks like they moved to higher ground like Naomi said, maybe when the fence gave out. The walker they ran into at the top platform must have lived there and died on the platform because it doesn't seem the walkers could get up there. There were medical supplies so maybe he had a disease or something that he wasn't able to stay stocked for. Or maybe he starved to death because the walkers were surrounding him. There are lots of possible explanations. I think in a real apocalypse we would stumble on puzzling situations like that all the time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

As Jen mentioned, the fences gave away and the camp was overrun. We did see several bodies strewn about (including a couple of teens it seemed like). It’s likely some of the zombies shuffled out of the water park naturally while others got stuck by falling into the pools and toilet bowl ride. The surviving campers barricaded themselves at the top as we saw in the episode. And then they probably died out - injuries? starvation? Did they find food up there? The water slide was probably used as a lookout tower anyway, which is probably why the browning machine gun was perched up there. Other supplies could have been stored up there as well. I think it was just a camp that was overrun by zombies and had nothing to do with the Vultures - I didn’t see a white flag or anything. Maybe the Vultures didn’t feel like bothering to check out the water slide but went through the rest of the park? Who knows. But the park was a cool location to see on the show!

• Winner Winner x 3
  4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah and if there were several, the reason there was only one walker up there could be because the rest wandered toward the slide and went for a ride. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. TDogResurrected

I agree, guessing what happened is half the fun. Just this one will take alot of... guessing

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That's a good point...there were quite a few down in that toilet bowl looking area that Alicia and Naomi slid into!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TDogResurrected

If they got over run, wouldn't all the guns no have no ammo? The 1919 in a firing position, with ammo, just struck me as...peculiar. Like in TWD when people shoot with their rear sites down, or missing altogether. Or when CCcccAAAarLLll lined his rifle sight up with his missing eye. Little holes I notice (yeah i know, in a zombie show your concerned with tiny plot points? On a fan forum.... yes, yes I am :).)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

You're inspiring me to rewatch the scene and pause to try and figure this out lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Good point lol. Maybe they dropped their guns down the slide too ;) haha. Or perhaps it was hard to perch the machine gun in such a way to get rid of all the zombies? Who knows. Maybe one of the folks who evac to the tower got bit and didn’t tell anyone and the rest is history. Who knows. But I can have fun imagining exactly what went down. Using characters who’ve vanished from previous seasons.

Tobias, Harry, Seth, Jack, Vida, Alex, Elena, Hector, Sofia, Juan, Mrs. Twomey, Diana, Eddie, Maria Lu, and the sassy Teller all somehow ended up at this camp until disaster struck....

10. Sully

Sully Active Member

I loved the water park setting. Really cool place for the zombie apocalypse. I'd love to see them go into a big amusement park too. We saw Rick and Michonne at a carnival/fair, but I want to see them go to a big park.

Maybe somewhere like an airport too would be cool.

I also always wanted to see a baseball or football stadium as a base, so this season is really coming in clutch for my wish list.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It could be that there were more walkers in the general area, maybe spread out in the field Alicia was scanning with the binoculars, or elsewhere around. So they were refraining from making too much noise for awhile. Perhaps some people went down to try and dispatch some of the walker more quietly, and got surrounded and died, leaving just those two people still up in the tower. Maybe they found surviving not even worth it after that, or perhaps they had been previously bitten.

#11 Neuropyramidal, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Neuropyramidal

Another key to understanding what happened might lie in that circular bowl that Naomi and Alicia ended up in after they fell down the slide. There were 7 or 8 walkers in the middle of it. So how did they get there? When they show an aerial view of that bowl, you can't see the edges all the way around it, but the edges that you can see show that there would be no way for a walker to trip from outside the bowl and end up in it.

If there is a platform on the edges of the bowl not shown in the frame, then its possible they fell into it from that platform. When they show the water slides from the ground level, you also can't tell if there is a platform on one side of that bowl.

However if there is NO platform from which a walker could randomly fall into that bowl from its edge, then the only way they could end up in there is to have started in the tower and fallen down the slide itself. That would mean several of the survivors all died up in that tower. Mass suicide? Maybe some were bitten? Some other mishap like internal fighting?

Another reason there could still be ammo is that perhaps the survivors did clear all the walkers in the park at the time, before running out of ammo [we see some bodies lying around, but it doesn't seem to be enough to constitute the place being "overrun"] and the walkers we see in the pools are walkers that wandered in AFTER all the survivors were dead.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Neuropyramidal

I agree. Because there would be complicated situations going on, with an aftermath that isn't necessarily obvious. Imagine a group of survivors stumbling across the aftermath of, say, Terminus. "So guys I found this place where walkers were walking all around and lots of dead people on the ground, and some walkers were burned, and there definitely had been a fire, but it didn't seem like the fire was what brought the place down, and there were like rib cages in one room, and some of the walkers were walking around inside train cars with the doors closed."

No one would immediately say "ohh, that's a classic situation where the residents were cannibals and the rib cages are the parts they didn't eat, and the people in the train cars are the food not been eaten yet, and then some of the people meant to be food escaped, and in doing so they killed most of the residents, and also caused an explosion burning a bunch of walkers. I saw the same thing last week too"

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the water park site too. If an airport was outside of a city center it could also make an interesting place for a group to settle in for a bit.

15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

LOL that's a great example. I can only imagine the confusion of someone stumbling on that place.

One of my favorite scenes (even if it was a little tough to watch) was the apothecary that Denise went to. They gave us a whole bunch of visual clues and we were able to piece together the obvious part of what happened...but the rest was up to our imagination.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I like not knowing. There's a level of absurd scenario that we really need to know what the **** happened, but I don't think this is it.

In reality, Alicia never would've known what happened to that place. And in the grand scheme it doesn't matter, it's just another run down settlement.