Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Abe and Rosita.............................

Discussion in 'Episode 505 - Self-Help' started by gavuk, Nov 11, 2014.

1. gavuk

gavuk Member

Am i missing something.................are they dating?

Only joking but unless i'm missing something its never been mentioned or allured to before that they were a couple ie sexually intimate. They were or atleast appeard to be soldier and a lone female who had thrown their lot in together. Even before they provided Eugene and Tara with a quick round of "show and tell" the chemistry had changed between them. Anyone else notice it?

2. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

FWB for the win!!

I didn't notice a change in chemistry really - just that they were getting screen time of their own versus supporting cast.

3. Lupey

Lupey Member

I think they are more like friends with benefits.

4. Ed Dim

Ed Dim Member

I think "dating" is sort of out the window in the ZA. What would be the date? Going out for some zombie killing? I'd say they're just f-buddies. He spoke crudely of getting some a$$, and she threatened to shoot him if he kept beating on Eugene. Not exactly a love story.

I don't know why so many people are getting the vapors over this - imagine if they read the comics. Everyone's screwing someone on there.

5. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

The vapors. OMG. hahahaha

Tyreese and Karen vs Abraham and Rositta

Tyreese dates, Abraham ****s. That about sums it up, lol.

6. silentstar24

silentstar24 Member

My assumption was when Abraham said he "needed some ass" that he and Rosita have already been getting it on for a long time now, and since they had a safe place for once, they decided to ****.

There is a playfulness to their relationship, especially the scene where Rosita is touching Abraham's hair and suggesting it needs to be cut again. I feel like there is a trust between them, for sure, but it ain't no flowers and chocolates. They ****, but they are also comrades in the same group. I wouldn't say they are dating or anywhere near that. There's nothing lovey dovey when they had sex. It was just mutual physical gratification to relieve stress and hormones.

7. Zombie Mouse

Zombie Mouse Member

Tara already alluded to Abraham and Rosita being a couple last season. I can't remember what episode it was in, but she was talking to Abraham and said that Rosita loved him and would follow him anywhere.

I assume they've been having sex for a while, as no one seemed to be surprised that they were going at it.

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Rosita also said that Eugene was watching them again.

9. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

That scene took me completely by surprise. I certainly could have done without it. I had no idea that they were a couple or fwb or whatever. The only amusing thing about it was poor, desperate, Eugene staring longingly from the book stacks. Hopefully Tara will give him some out of pity and he'll be alright.

10. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I do wish we saw a moment or two of coupley-ness in the previous eps to set it up. Up until now they've just had this Sergeant/Soldier dynamic, that didn't appear any deeper, until the opening sequence.

I think this is a problem with the cast being so big, not enough time to fully explore each character and their dynamics with eachother. So when they do get an episode, everything is just blurted out so quickly so we can 'catch up' that it does feel a bit jarring and disjointed... it doesn't feel organic.

11. Wombat

Wombat Member

true. Only hint was last season with Abraham dropping the 'hypnotic' comment to Tara.
    Abraham & Rosita just looked like exhibitionists to me in the latest episode. What I could see through the darkness that is ;)

12. Zombie Mouse

Zombie Mouse Member

Tara doesn't swing that way.

13. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

Ummm ok that's why I suggested a pity screw. Or maybe she'll learn to swing both ways or switch teams. It happens.

14. Zombie Mouse

Zombie Mouse Member

Maybe, although Tara did clearly point out to Eugene last season (when he told her she was hot) that she "liked girls".

15. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Where else are they gonna do it? Can't exactly get a room at the Holiday Inn. Looks like they found a secluded niche for themselves. They can't help it Eugene likes to watch. I would think most people would give them their privacy. In fact, Abe's comment to Glenn about how he was gonna get some ass was his way of saying don't bother me for the next hour...or two...or...

16. rustybag

rustybag Member

It does feel weird when they do things like that, and I didn't have a problem with most of the sex scenes in the past. The Lori/ Shane/ Rick love triangle was a major part of the plot and the sex scenes made sense. There was a scene with Shane and Andrea in season 2 after he trained her in shooting techniques, when they pulled over to the side of the road, that was spontaneous, the music they used for that scene set the mood & it worked to illustrate how people can get caught up in the moment. Maggie & Glen, when they first got together were cute, with her being the aggressor and he didn't know what to do with himself he was so flustered. Maybe not so cute anymore, I've always liked Glen and would like him to get some better scenes and dialogue. In the beginning it was sweet, though.

But I don't know, that Abe & Rosita were paired was implied, but when there's so little chemistry between actors to begin with, and then there's this random sex scene to show , what? That Abe makes crude comments and is filling some biological need? He may as well have said "I need to take a dump first". I can see why people are questioning it. Nevermind Eugene. I guess that was supposed to be funny, but it just seemed like a red flag that he wasn't playing with a full deck.

#16 rustybag, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  17. Zombie Mouse

Zombie Mouse Member

I guess some people have got so used to might-as-well-be-eunuchs like Daryl they can't cope with a red-blooded male like Abraham! :zombies_lol:

Rosita seemed to be into it and neither have other attachments, so where's the harm?

18. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I always get in the mood after a long warm drink of Toilet Tank water,am I the only one?

Also it makes me think that one of them might not be too long for this show,my guess would be Rosita might get it soon. I mean die of course.

19. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

Sex in the library? It's been going on for decades on college campuses across the world.

20. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

True, we know she does but it's probably not the first time someone brushed him off with that line.