Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Abigail

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - The Good Man' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The yacht named after Victor Strand's wife. It looks like we might actually go.

Maybe.

You think? ;)

2. Neuropyramidal

Michael Madsen said next season they arrive at Alcatraz! Alcatraz!!

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

who is Michael Madsen?

4. Neuropyramidal

He's the guy that always leaks the good stuff. ;)

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yes, on Talking Dead, Dave Erickson said they're definitely going to get on the boat, though they will have some trouble getting to it.

I'm pretty excited about it. I don't know why, but I never expected the show to take that turn. It makes perfect sense, though, being on the ocean and all.

6. Neuropyramidal

Travis = Gilligan. Daniel = The Professor. Strand = Mr. Howell. Alicia = Ginger. Ofelia = Mary Anne. Tobias = The Skipper.

Let the hilarity ensue. :p

7. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

They'll set sail on a three-hour tour, but become shipwrecked on a deserted isle. Travis will make some stupid mistakes, and Tobias will swat him with his cap. Daniel will make a telephone out of coconut shells and string.

8. Crowcreek

Crowcreek Member

Yea looks like it at some point. I was a apprentice marine mechanic a lifetime ago and the fuel , maintenance required for these yachts are through the roof. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out. Lot of owners I've known over the years don't even know how to pilot one and usually hire a skipper .

9. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah looks like it would make a good base that they could use for awhile (until they run out of fuel) by going up and down the coast raiding different areas for supplies. And of course it would make a good set up for some battles with other groups as lots of other people would want to take something like that.

10. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Wait a second wait a second. All this talk about Gilligan's island. Why can't they crash on a deserted island that has smoke monsters and a person named Jacob that will give you a cup of water and say 'now you're like me.'

11. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Actually, the yacht was named for the well-endowed First Lady of the United States.

[video=youtube;j5rM-qnSwkw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5rM-qnSwkw[/video]

12. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I'd head over to Catalina Island, 26 miles across the sea, low population away from the one town, wild pigs and small animals, water... Where are they going to beat that?

13. Thrishmal

Thrishmal New Member

I totally thought they were going to Hawaii or something.

14. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

A few ideas for where they could go from here.

1. An island is the most obvious place to head. The thought of heading to an island is a commonly discussed idea that could (and probably will) be explored. There is already the rumor that they will be headed to
    which is technically an island. I think that this would be a good idea as it would have some essentials for developing a fortified base.

2. I thought that it would be interesting to see a community of boaters develop who live on their boats offshore. They could develop flotillas around an offshore oil platform or something. People could go on runs to dry land several days a week for supplies. I think that it would only be a temporary situation but could be interesting for a few episodes.

3. What if there are walkers in the water, making the water itself unsafe? This sounds ridiculous, unless
    in which case this is totally plausible. It would be classic walking dead. Think you have a great idea (living on a boat) only to find out that it is a not so great and likely leads to a characters death

15. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

I really do not wanna do another prison sequence. But the idea of exploring basically the most opposite side of our spectrum and taking tthe dead to the water is so exciting.

16. Neuropyramidal

Trying something like that might be a good idea when you are many months into the ZA, like Rick and company. But Catalina Island has over 4,000 permanent residents, and at any given time can have several thousand tourists. So with the residents and tourists who were trapped there when the shit hit the fan, you'd likely arrive to find the Island Of Many Walkers. In addition there probably would have been a recent influx of a few more thousand people trying to escape the mainland, some of that influx injured and/or bitten. All heading to a confined geography. It would be walker soup, I think. And those walkers would have first dibs on the pigs and other fawna. Over time, they would probably dissipate away as walkers randomly tumbled into the sea, and eventually you'd probably have a neat place with only a few hundred walkers or less to clear. But this early on I think it would be a trap. With a trained military group of several dozen people you could probably overtake it systematically over time, but with our rag tag group it would be suicide I think.

What I would do is head to a smaller private island, one that not many people would know about, and that was a fair distance from any neighboring islands. You could do a lot of fishing and maybe plant veggies, and make quick in-and-out trips to larger islands for supplies. Eventually as the Islands such as Catalina began to become more manageable, you could try overtaking one.

#16 Neuropyramidal, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  17. Neuropyramidal

I don't think they will go to Alcatraz. It is so visible from shore, and so well known that everybody and their brother Toddsmile would try to go there. You'd be constantly under threat from bad people who wanted what you have. I think if they go the island route, it will be some unknown island.

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

The problem with small private islands is you don't know where they are, whereas Catalina is visible. On this show I wouldn't go with a military group, they can't hit the broad side of a barn. And the group did quite well in a confined space against zombies they've never fought before with bolt cutters and such for weapons. I imagine Strand has his own armory, so if they go to the most distant part of the island from town, they should be ok. Besides, they can always stay on the boat, make a ton of noise and let the walkers all follow them into the sea, after which time the currents will wash them away.

And if Los Angeles is empty of 99+ percent of the living, there won't be a sizable population of people to fight off there either.

19. Neuropyramidal

They only came directly across perhaps 50 walkers total in there and barely made it out alive. And Liza didn't make it. And they had to flee the area to survive.

20. Neuropyramidal

That is perhaps the biggest problem with a place like Catalina. Its visible to everyone, and everyone knows about it. Thousands of people, some bitten, would be fleeing there in the early days. And Strand is a very rich man living on the coast, and owns a yacht. That is his social circle. It would be very surprising if he didn't know where several private islands were located.

#20 Neuropyramidal, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015