Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Abigail

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - The Good Man' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Lupey

Lupey Member

I'm on the east coast and playing around with google maps. What about San Nicolas Island? I dont know anything about it but it looks sparse by the satellite.

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

But most of them did make it, and person for person seem to have killed more walkers than the military, and with improvised weapons to boot. Imagine how well they'd do going from Strand's boat to a landfall ( in whatever landing craft he has). Shooting walkers until they are getting close, jumping back on the boat, and going up the shore a bit and repeating. That seems a lot safer to me than what they did, so probably wouldn't lose anyone except by accident. And if they get tired, they can always pull in to deep water and sleep.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, "most" of them made it. From spending about 20 minutes with the walkers. :p.

Then we talk about a densely populated island with likely multiple thousands of walkers.

#23 Neuropyramidal, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

The rest of the Channel islands of which Catalina is one are mostly smaller uninhabitable islands but there are also Oil Rigs all throughout right off the coast too that might make for an interesting stop for a while.
    Catalina itself has a lot to offer as a survival destination but I agree there might well be a lot of Dead there and also it is a natural Pirate destination if you consider this for a minute.

I guess though everyone on a boat from here out might look to Pirating as a new way to survive these days?

Also isn't Alcatraz pretty far away in S.F. and right off the coast there too.
    The Walkers could drown themselves making a Walker Bridge to Alcatraz pretty easily and how would you like to cross that Bridge?

5. Morgotha

All the ones that come near the shore can be shot from the boat with no risk whatsoever. All the ones not near the shore can be brought there by Daniel, and then shot with no risk whatsoever.

6. Morgotha

I'd cross that bridge when I come to it.

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

If only they had Wonder Woman on their side. Their chances of clearing the island would greatly improve, plus everyone's sex drive would be through the roof.

8. Lupey

Lupey Member

Was it just me or did Abigail look fake as heck during the first shot through the binoculars?

9. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

I just read the most recent volume of the graphic novels. In that it shows some boating that happens now after the time jump...I wonder if, like some on here have talked about, that maybe this could be the last big storyline that the show can do before ending the original series, if there might be somethings in the comics he is still writing that move to the Fear the Walking Dead storylines...Currently, nothing has really happened on the water that I know of, but that could be interesting way to get some of Kirkman's future ideas on the show, even if they decide to not keep doing the walking Dead at some point...

10. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

And Tobias is already there.
    [​IMG]

11. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

If there is a God, by the time we hit season 3, this show will just become Pirates vs Zombies. I'd be interested to see who would win.

12. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

Not for nothing, but this is probably the perfect place to go. I always thought that Rick had the right idea in the prison since it was perfect in keeping unwanted visitors out. Not to mention with the jail cells you can lock everyone up at night and anyone dying in their sleep will not result in a loss of many. The major downfall of the prison is that it was accessible - to the walkers that wanted to get in and to the gov and his tank. They wouldn't have those issues at Alcatraz!

13. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

A reference to Revelation 21:4 was shown in Not Fade Away. That verse was also recited by Father Thomas Byles near the end of the most recent version of Titanic.

#33 westwingnut, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  14. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

The problem with Alcatraz is what caused it to be shut down in the 1st place: mainly inaccessibility to fresh water. Our group ( or anyone else ) would have to be making constant dangerous trips to the mainland.
    Also, Alcatraz was designed to prevent escape...prisoners getting out, not others getting in.

15. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

They're going to draw straws and whoever gets the shortest has to swim to the boat and drive it back to shore.

16. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Funny I picked that up too watching the Marathon that I swore I was not going to watch this time......again?

17. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I believe the doors were shut in 1963 because of the high operating costs. While some of that may have been attributed to the fact that they needs to bring their food in from outside sources, I feel that if they could mimic what Rick and co. did at the prison in TWD they would be in good shape. They had ways to catch rain water and turn it into drinking water as well as starting to farm. True, you would need to get supplies to do all this, but the same went for Rick and co. in TWD. Also, I would think that the prison would be just as good as keeping people out as keeping them in, no?

18. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

aaarrrggghhhh!

19. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

The biggest expense was the fresh water having to be shipped in ...nearly 1 million gallons of water every week. Course, food, fuel, and other supplies had to come by boat, too.

The nearly freezing waters and the isolation were natural barriers to escape, so Alcatraz is absent many of the high walls of other prisons that could act as a fortification.

20. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

If it was good enough for Eli...