Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Abraham Ford

Discussion in 'Episode 411 - Claimed' started by mtito914, Feb 24, 2014.

1. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Love this guy. He is everything that's been missing from the show for a while.. A colorful bad ass good guy. Hopefully he will get a lot of screen time.

2. Sco

Sco Member

Haha prepare for greatness! Abraham is great and he will get plenty of screen time, just wait for when he meets Rick!!

3. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

He is the exact type of guy I would expect to meet in a Za in Georgia. Reminds me of a combo of Shane, Rick and Bruce Willis from Die Hard.

4. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

"Son of a dick" had me rolling.

5. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

theres something very 80's action hero about him..very likeable presence.

6. dphoenix

dphoenix Member

I'm hoping that Abraham will become the new Daryl so that we can kill Daryl. Nobody should be considered safe in the zombie apocalypse.

7. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Daryl is a great character. Some need to be weeded out but not Daryl. Between Daryl, Rick and now Abe, there is potential there for a lot of very cool screen time.

8. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

I have to say I really liked him!

9. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

I think its the PG-rated one liners between zombie kills. I loved the Abe scenes, brought a new vibe to the show that it needed. A character with a different feel.

10. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Abraham'Son Of A Dick'Ford, interesting name combination. Wonder if he's a one of those rebel yell, down with the north good ole boys???

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

He was absolutely great in this episode! Character's off to an excellent start.

12. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I am happy. Hey have done him justice so far, and his over-the-top persona is spot on to his comic counterpart. 80's action hero is the best description you could apply to him. Looking forward to more "Son of a dick!" moments from him. The smile while he slaughtered the dead was a nice touch. He does enjoy it, and he is just too damn good at it.

13. dphoenix

dphoenix Member

I agree. I love Daryl. He is an awesome character - the perfect person to have with you in the zombie apocalypse. I just think fans have reached a point where they have immortalized him. Every episode, a bunch of people say, "If Daryl dies, I'm no longer watching the show", as if his death would be so impossible to grasp. Even you just said, "Some need to be weeded out, but not Daryl." Why not Daryl? Is he a demigod or something? He's human, like everyone else on the show. Sure, he's tough and versatile, but being "tough" doesn't make you incapable of making mistakes, or grant you immunity to the virus that was going around the prison, or give you the gift of immortality when up against a zombie herd. Given the right circumstances, Daryl can die just as fast as anyone else.

Between Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Carl, and now Abraham, I feel like we have too many fan favorites where people say, "Those characters are safe." I think people need to be reminded that NO character is safe. Not even Rick. Killing Daryl would be the ultimate way to make the statement.

14. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

15. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

Yeah, you hit it right on the head. I didn't like him much. I didn't think he was believable. Sounded too much like a comic book character, instead of being adapted for TV.

The Governor was very believable.

16. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

"Killing Daryl would be the ultimate way to make that statement"

That is exactly the ultimate statement as to what is wrong with this show.... I suppose killing Andrea was a "Statement"... Very bad idea. Besides Daryl gets very little screen time these days, anyway.

17. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

Darryl really is expendable at this point. I like the character but his most interesting days seem to have died with Merle. He's back to sulking and aloof Darryl. We already saw his transformation to a productive member of the group once. Don't really need to see it again. Maybe he will join up with the bandits and never be seen again.

Now Abraham...that is a character with some serious potential. Can't wait to see more of him.

18. SoulCoffin

SoulCoffin Member

i agree, I already love how they're developing Abraham. I WISH they had done the same for tyreese, who was very popular in the comic (and prob my fave character) before Abraham was introduced. it'll be interesting how they work out the dynamic once everyone gets back together. at this point in time on the show, they currently have a lot of the alpha characters from the comic, all present at the same time plus daryl on top of that

19. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

If they shift his focus to what he is truly good at (Hunting/Tracking) he can still hold his own within the upper echelons of the group, but as an alpha-male Right-hand he is totally outgunned. Time to brush up on those skills bro.

20. HeadlessHershel

After The Governor died I was concerned about the direction of the show particularly the male cast. All the adult males (from the prison) were being led around by women. Beth was telling Darryl what to do. Maggie was calling the shots for Bob. Carol tells Tyrese she's not going back to the prison and Michonne is telling Rick what he can or can't do. Maybe that was the writer's intent all along because it makes Abe look that much stronger except that scene where Glenn knocked him to the ground with one punch. That was lame.