Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Abraham Ford

Discussion in 'Episode 411 - Claimed' started by mtito914, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Having read the comics I was looking forward to his arrival, but even I was surprised at how much energy he injected into the show. I also really liked the combination of him with Glenn. It's great they're finally giving him a storyline and that he's the one to meet the new characters first. I think that factor will make it easier for Rick to accept Abraham's group.

The introduction of Abraham, and Cudlitz's strong screen presence in the role, makes me think that Daryl's departure from the show will be coming more quickly than I had anticipated.

2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I know that's my biggest gripe with the comics, how that all went down.

3. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I don't buy the "Daryl must die to show that no one is safe" argument. Let's be honest, Daryl is probably the most adept survivalist of the bunch. Rick and Michonne are right there with him, but for different reasons. Killing Daryl off is less realistic than killing Glen, Maggie, Beth, Sasha, Bob, or a litany of other characters who are less adept at survival. The only argument you could say that puts daryl at a higher risk is that he's always on the front lines of danger (because he can be). I don't mind if they kill daryl, but let's not pretend that "his time to die" is overdue

4. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Ok, let's see....Beth and Carol and Bob are ZA survivors but Daryl dies... How freakin stupid is that???
    Daryl dying before most of the other clowns would be stupid. He is more prepared or the ZA then any other character. Let's see how these people survive the ZA, not die. Any chump can die in the ZA, why would I want to see that...
    Daryl and Abe could make a very cool interesting team.

5. Prophecy

Prophecy Member

Where the hell was Gimple when Tyrese can into the show. He was always one of my favorites from the comics as well but as much as I love the show, and really never have anything bad to say about, the one thing I was and still am dissapointed with is Tyreses's character. His introduction, his story arc, his relationship with Rick (which never turned out how I was hoping it too) where he became Rick's right hand man just didn't happen. And now I see these new characters coming in and they are getting these great lines, and arc's, and I'm praying to the WD gods and Kirkmans and Gimples soul they sort of "reboot" Tyrese and do something new with him with Rick and Abraham....

I mean come on.... If you saw a girl walker all ripped up and rotted.... who wouldn't say "Awww honey, look at you! Your a mess!"

6. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

He reminds me of Kenny from the game, whilst I hated Kenny, Abraham has been okay so far. No one can live up to Tara though.

7. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

The Tyreese character just has not worked out well on the tv show.. It always comes back to the actor.

8. pilight

pilight Member

Abraham doesn't seem too bright, but that fits with being an enlisted soldier.

9. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I like his character. It would've been sweet if he massaged that awesome 'stache when deep in thought.

10. lurkers&roamers

I think they could get rid of Daryl without it being stupid. I mean, just look at the kind of danger he'll be in next week. Doesn't mean he'll die, and to be honest I don't think he will just yet, nor do I want him to if only because I also want to see him and Abraham interact. But even a great survivor could have a slip-up. Sometimes that's all it takes. It's even possible that he could run into the wrong group of people. Anyone on this show can die at anytime. I would say the only truly safe characters are Rick and Carl. And I stress again that if they do decide to kill of Daryl, they have to do it right. If he goes out like Dale, then yes, it'll be stupid. But there are plenty of plausible ways for him to go out.

11. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

After those first kills I was like "I like this guy already."

12. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Whatever, nobody in the main cast needs to die for a while, this cast now is shaping up just fine... Is it possible that Walking Dead fans can actually enjoy a ZA storyline without a superficial death?...or am I overestimating the attention span of TWD's fan base.

13. lurkers&roamers

I'm just saying that they could do it and get away from it. As long as the story is strong and well-written, they can kill or keep alive as many characters as they like. My point was just that it wouldn't necessarily be stupid to kill off Daryl. Like I said, I do want to see him last a while longer, but I would be fine if he died, provided it's not a Dale-esque death or isn't purely for shock value ala Axel.

14. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Ok, point well taken. I like Daryl and feel that his character has been lagging a worthy character to make him very interesting like he was...now that Abe is here, Daryl has someone who he can feed off of like with Merle... No character is an island. Let's not talk death when the potential for great talent to play off of each other has not been this good in a long while... If I have to see Tara do scene's with Abe anymore I might just vomit.....

15. dphoenix

dphoenix Member

Like I said in my original statement, I agree that Daryl is the most well suited to survive. He's one of my favorite characters, for sure. All I'm saying is that nobody - not even Chuck Norris or Jason Statham - is 100% safe in the zombie apocalypse. Daryl is a badass, but under the right circumstances, his badassery would be completely irrelevant. Daryl could've easily caught the virus in the prison and kicked the bucket, or gotten spontaneously picked off in the courtyard instead of Axle. Hell, it was almost lights out for Daryl in "The Suicide King", had Rick and the others not gone back to Woodbury for him.

Daryl is just as mortal as everybody else. I hate that people say, "[____] is the biggest asset to the group, it wouldn't make sense to kill them off." That mindset is bad for the show. I want to be scared for everybody in the show, not just the weaker characters.

Kirkman has made it very clear: NOBODY is safe. I think it's about time the producers and writers remind everyone of that.

16. Komodia

Komodia Member

I hope Daryl puts an arrow in Abraham.

17. dphoenix

dphoenix Member

It's called "The Walking Dead". Not "The Walking Daryl".

18. DrtyDeedz362436

DrtyDeedz362436 New Member

I think Rick might be next to die...he's taken sooo much abuse already. Plus we know already that the season finale is going to contain a shocker death....

19. Zombies101

Zombies101 Member

Abraham is no Daryl, but he's no Rick either. At this point, Rick and Daryl both seems broken, it's nice to see at least one "leader" in the group. Someone who is clearly more balanced than Rick.

20. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Remind us of what? More people have died so far this season hen any other season. We just lost Hershell. We know nobody is safe. We all got it already. Even Mike Tyson and Rambo can Die in the ZA.. I like Daryl. I don't want him to die.

Tony Soprano wasn't safe, but The Sopranos, picked by many critics as the greatest tv show ever didn't start wacking the main cast members til the last season..HBO was smart enough to keep the stars around til the end. It's a tv show, we gotta have the people around we like. It's a story about surviving in the ZA, not dying..

#40 mtito914, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014