Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Morgotha, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

First, I was impressed with how educational this movie was. From Lincoln's educating Teddy Roosevelt to the truth behind his assassination, this movie is worth watching!

The plot is that America has seen periodic zombie outbreaks, but rarely. For example, one killed Lincoln's mother, but these are not frequent enough to where the general public is aware of zombies. Now there's a new outbreak affecting a Southern fort during the Civil War requiring Lincoln and some of his men to go behind enemy lines to deal with the issue. He meets up with Stonewall Jackson and a few Southern soldiers in the fort, who after initially shooting at each other eventually, mostly, cooperate. I liked the "depth" they put in to this part of the movie as they didn't just all jump on Lincoln's bandwagon, and Abe's soldiers didn't just accept the Southerners, it was pretty well done, if theatric. John Wilkes Booth was there and acting pretty much like you'd expect him to.

There were some funny jokes in there, but I hesitate to say them, as if I do, they won't be funny when you watch the show.

Bill Oberst does a great job as Lincoln, and comes off very believable at times to where you could be watching a documentary and not a zombie flick. For example, his Gettysburg Address is moving. There's a scene of him praying that feels real. And then... you get scenes of him decapitating zombies with what could only be called a switchblade the size of a saw saying things like "emancipate *this*!" that remind you you are NOT watching this on PBS.

LOL, there are a lot of shaky scenes, but if you just want some lighthearted entertainment, it's worth the time.:)

#1 Morgotha, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019