Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Absolute Stupidity

Discussion in 'Episode 304 - Killer Within' started by walkerbait74, Jun 13, 2013.

1. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

I don't think Lori would have died if she, Maggie and Carl didn't run into the interior of the prison. Herschel and Beth simply locked themselves in the outer fencing to protect themselves, why didn't Lori, Carl and Maggie? They could have just waited for eveyone else to make it back into the main prison yard, behind the fenced in cell entrance and then Lori would have had Herschel and Rick there when the baby was born. It seems absolutely stupid that they would run into a part of the prison that wasn't totally cleared and expect to not be attacked or chased. Of course that's going to send Lori into labor, I bet if they just barricaded themselves like Herschel and Beth that Lori would still be alive. It was a poor decision to do things that way because then Rick wouldn't have gone crazy. They could've still killed off Lori and had a really emotional scene with the entire Grimes family.

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Lori, Maggie and Carl were simply running for cover. That rec room they entered may have been previously safe, but Andrew may have opened some doors and got the walkers to roam the hallways.

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

It was just as stupid as what 'Andrea did'

There now RIPRV won't walk into a trap.

The contents of this post do not reflect the views of the account holders.

4. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

In all seriousness people have to get off the assumption that humans actually make good, smart decisions at all times. Especially under high stress.
    Beth and Hershel only went to where they did because they were standing right next to it and got there before they were cut off.
    Lori and group went into the cell block they live in. There was no reason to assume walkers had gotten in there and they didn't know about Andrew. They went in the tombs when they got ambushed by walkers.

5. walkerbait74

No, I disagree, Lori, Carl and Maggie were standing right outside the fencing to the cell block and DID NOT have to run into the building. They get behind the fence door and they could have stayed right there because by that time Rick and everybody else were in the main yard. Weren't Beth and Herschel under high stress? Why didn't Beth and Herschel run into the building? Because they were safe behind the fencing!!! Lori, Carl and Maggie may not have known about Andrew, but they were aware that there were walkers in an area they thought was clear. High Stress or Not, the tombs weren't cleared yet, so why go into the building and take that risk? They were already in a safe place just like Beth and Herschel! Absolute Stupidity, like the thread says....

6. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Beth and Hershel couldn't have gotten there with Hershel's leg. They probably would have gone in the cell block too if he could have made it. They didn't go to the tombs at first. They went to there cleared secure cell block. Which was sabotaged without them knowing. They went in to the tombs when a large unknown group of zombies attacked and they had no choice.
    If something dangerous runs in your yard do you just assume they must have broken into your locked house too or do you run in thinking you will be safe? They went to the safest place in the prison that was known. I don't think it was the best decision but definitely believable in light of what people do everyday. Smart good decisions don't equal realism sometimes.

And of course I am just expressing a counterpoint. Just for fun. I hope people know that. Your thread saying that doesn't make it any more true than my post makes my point true. we are just debating. It shouldn't have to be said but you never know anymore.

#6 legendx66, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Oh, come on thats not absolute stupidity. This is absolute stupidity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P_0XSynC8E0

8. walkerbait74

9. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

People do sometimes make bad decisions when terrified and under pressure. Regardless of whether it was stupidity or not, it did make for the best episode of the series. Those scenes with Lori and Carl were amazing and heart wrenching. Lori's whole goodbye speech was so powerful, it made me forget all of her previous mistakes. And the look on Maggie's face after Carl shot her will forever be etched in my memory. Such a key episode for the rest of the series and characters.

10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

11. Neuropyramidal

Right, I said this before, we sit there in our plush armchairs with our flat screen TV's and our iphone's and laptops and the ability to just peacefully and logically decide what we would have done differently in that situation, without worrying about walking crowding into our living room, and then we berate the characters who didn't have this same luxury of tranquil decision making, because they didn't come to the same decision we did. :p

12. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

Armchair zombie slayer. I like it

13. walkerbait74

Don't we berate all the characters at some point? There's always someone to complain about from our plush armchairs, don't we yell at the t.v. screen from time to time? The reason we're all here in the forum has a lot to do with what we think we would do in any of the situations that have taken place on the show.

14. Neuropyramidal

I definitely wouldn't poop as often as Judith.

15. walkerbait74

I was expecting an intelligent answer, but o.k.

16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely going to pay attention to this part now when i get around to rewatching this episode :) I think i was too caught up in what was going on the first time i watched to know what they could have done differently. This is why it's fun rewatching after being on the forum.

17. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

...you were?

18. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

19. walkerbait74

Yes, I wanted him to argue like he does with everybody else....he disappointed me =(

20. walkerbait74

Thank You! That's exactly what I was F**king talking about! They could've stayed right the F**k there!!! Thank You Shane#22