Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Absolute Stupidity

Discussion in 'Episode 304 - Killer Within' started by walkerbait74, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

oh that's it, i'm rewatching this episode right meow.

2. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

Right meow???

3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

right meow.

4. walkerbait74

I only brought this up because the decision to stay there could have kept Lori alive. Then again, the whole C-section could have happened and Lori would die anyway, but Rick and Carl would be there to say their goodbyes and one of them would have to kill her. The crazy phone calls could still happen, Rick would still lose his mind if he had to be the one to end Lori's life. It would still be an emotional scene, maybe even more since Carl AND Rick would be there to say goodbye to Lori. I think the whole Lori death scene had to happen because it did affect everyone at the prison. I'm just saying that it could be done this way and Rick would still have the same reaction, but get to say goodbye to Lori. Got it?

5. Outdoorsguy

Outdoorsguy Member

wven after a year together...they still do not act or react as a team.

6. walkerbait74

HUH? Do you mean team Prison?

7. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

I think it was important for Carl's character to have it happen this way. It was another traumatic experience that built him up to making the decision with the Woodbury boy.

8. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

While we are at it, why didnt Rick not shoot Tony in the head and wait to see if he turned so he wouldnt have had to kill Shane in cold blood just to see if Jenner was right.

9. walkerbait74

Do you really think that's why it happened the way it did? I thought that Rick was going to try and disarm Shane, but then realized that he had to kill him and then did it. It's interesting to think of it that way with Jenner's thoughts going in Rick's head.

10. walkerbait74

[MENTION=2446]Outdoorsguy[/MENTION], did I ask a silly question?

11. Shane#22

Of course not, it was Lori's voice in Ricks head wanting Rick to kill Shane so she would have full custody of the kid.

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Just a little side question. When Rick said to Shane just before he killed him something about "nothing has happened here yet...let's go back to the house to Carl and Lori" did you notice the look on Shane's face? It was like the mention of Carl and Lori softened him up and then Rick stabbed him.

13. walkerbait74

That's right, she was always in Rick's head, compelling him to kill and how much the baby will look like Shane....

14. walkerbait74

He was a couple of grapes short of a fruit salad by then and I think he was blinded by fury with his possessiveness of Lori and Carl and the baby. Just the mention of her name could make him very vulnerable....I agree

15. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Because Shane was a decent guy he just did things differently from Rick and he went a little crazy but the man was getting screwed over.

16. Shane#22

It was Rick using Shanes natural fatherly emotions against him to get his guard down cuz Rick knew he couldnt be the father to Carl like Shane was so Rick had to kill him so everyone thought of Rick as a good father.

17. walkerbait74

Right, because all fathers kill to look like good fathers...

18. Shane#22

No one would have knew Rick did it, then Rick would be looked to as the father again.

19. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Shane was a threat to Rick when it came to his position in his family to a degree. But Rick was also in Shane's way and I just can't Imagine a alpha male type like Shane putting up with it before the ZA nevermind during.

20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That part in the tent when she tells Rick Shane's crazy makes me want to punch her. I never hated her character for what she did, but the way she handled it was just poor form.