Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Action Figure List(updated 10/08/12)

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Collectibles' started by kuebel33, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

With all due respect to those who feel like this is a slap in the face, I'm thankful I'm not the only one who will be happy about this. Figure collectors have been ripping on the 5 inch line for years now for various reasons. The three main complaints were that McFarlane ignored the fact most are doing 7/8 inch figures these days, and the other was the paint application issues, and then the sculpts.

And those who've been following McFarlane's toys since the 90's will know he does this. The Spawn line started off as being smaller and more pose-able and then by the mid to late 90's, the figures were around 6-8 inches, far more static, and the sculpts were vastly superior. So yeah, this move isn't anything new for McFarlane, he's done it before and he'll do it again. I wouldn't be surprised if he drops the current AC 5 inch line and goes the 7 inch route once the film comes out, that is if he still has the license to the video game franchise. Not sure who'll get the movie license because unless McFarlane already has a deal with them, Neca will probably swipe that.

#921 Deviancy, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  2. joossa

joossa New Member

Deviancy, you're in an extreme minority. It would have made sense for McFarlane to start with a 7in line. They are nine series in already. They should have suck with the 5in line and the 10 in line.

3. AliceInAlderaan

NO! All I needed was a Sasha and a Rosita and it would have been perfect! :dead:

4. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

Here's the info from horses mouth.... (as I post this I'm watching AMC do something that I didn't want them to do, and thought they wouldn't do until the mid season finale when it seemed obvious they were going to do it.. sigh).

http://mcfarlane.com/news/nytf-16-reveals-and-announcements/

It's much bigger (no pun intended) then I thought. He isn't just rebooting the main Walking Dead line of figures, he's rebooting the Assassin's Creed line and making them 7 inches, doing numerous 7 inch anime figures, and finally ending the hiatus on the Spawn line, which is about bloody time since Spawn is how this whole toy revolution started in the first place. For those who were still in their diapers in the early 90's, it was McFarlane's Spawn line that changed the face of action figures. But over the years, McFarlane has lost his way and Neca and the others have been owning him left and right.

But the revolution is here and it looks like the McFarlane that made toys that ruled the world is back..and its about bloody time. Then again, they are only prototypes, the 7 inch line may have the same paint issues where the faces don't quite match the necks, etc, and so on. Until the new figures are in my hands and I can look them over under decent lighting, I can't be positive if this is a good thing..

[​IMG]

#924 Deviancy, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  5. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

There's more info about this new color tops line but it is a little confusing.

There's talk about how the prototypes don't feature 15 points of articulation but the finished product will. While I prefer the static figures because I just use them for display and hate the ugly joints on the 5 inch line, totally makes them look more like dollies for kids, if they can pull off the articulation like Neca it could work since neca manages to make the joints really hard to notice. But well, it sounds like they're aiming for the fall and that's a long, long way to go.

http://www.clarktoys.com/wade7mccotor.html

6. mummyman

mummyman Member

i would stopp buying this 7 inch

7. Rick's Nose

Rick's Nose Member

I can't believe the 5inch line is discontinued. What a total utter kick in the teeth if you've been collecting them!

8. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

This is the line I don't get.. building set bodies with huge heads.. they seem like a really bad attempt at competing with Funko..

[​IMG]

9. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I have given up on McFarlane making any more of the 5" for now. Since I'm in sexy love with collecting the human characters(have 20 of the 21 different ones total, only need Beth) this man's brain has said "f*ck it" and has decided to start buying custom 5" figures to add to my group. They won't be the same thing as McFarlane's brand and they'll cost more, but I feel pretty good about this decision and am really excited to add more members to my group. I have already bought a custom 5" Deanna Monroe, am closing in on a 5" Father Gabirel, and there are customs of Sophia, Lori and Sasha I might buy depending on the deal that can be worked out with the sellers. I have also messaged these sellers because they say that they take requests. We shall see.

Once I start getting these figures, I will upload pics on here of them with the 5" group. This will be fun, though I might work more hours at my job now to not feel as bad about this. XD
    [MENTION=61861]Deviancy[/MENTION] I wonder if those buildable figures have big enough heads to be used for custom 5". That way, I could easily make Aaron myself since he's one of them, at least in the pictures.

#929 kennyisalive94, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  10. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

The large head Rick figure has the wave 2 blind bag Rick figure and what appears to be the head of the 5 inch wave 8 Rick figure but if I'm right, there's next to no chance of them making any big headed figures of characters they haven't made 5 inch figures of, which means no Gabriel, Deanna, Rosita, etc, and so on. But who knows.. McFarlane is full of surprises. I really thought his days of making Spawn figures were over but Spawn is coming back.

I lost interest in the comic years ago, the story just got messy but I still love the first hundred issues... so the new toy line has me pumped.

11. Losty

Losty New Member

(this is kenny, not sure why I was banned. I've been nice to everyone and just been socializing the past week, have done litterally nothing wrong. I hope it's not because of the Jesus avatar, what's wrong with jesus giving the finger? probably some crybaby christian got offended. Anywayz...)

I have bought custom Lori, Deanna and Sophia 5" figures from an ebay seller. They were going at $149.99 each but I was able to buy them all for half that price, Sophia even less. I feel pretty good about that. Soon I will be buying a Father Gabriel and Sasha, and after that I'll have to wait a while and a few more pay checks before buying any others.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#931 Losty, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ImDrunk

ImDrunk Member

You got banned Kenny? man that sucks but i'm glad you didn't leave for good!
    Those custom figures look neat, especially Lori! I myself have decided to stop buying any TWD figures, I might buy a TV series Negan custom though, or maybe a 10 inch one if they ever release him in that scale! It's still a shame that they decided to finnish the TV line so abruptly.

13. Losty

Losty New Member

Yeah it really sucks. McFarlane has explained to me though pm that the figures were cancelled because the stores were simply not wanting 5" anymore and they had no choice. They've said that although the 5" won't come in series anymore, they're not completley done with the 5". A lot of people are still upset about it on their facebook page. It's still possible that they could do single releases of 5" figures, kind of like how Skybound does the exclusives.

Personally, I'd be surprised if we never see a single release of 5" Negan, especially after this Sunday.

14. Losty

Losty New Member

Honestly, I'm glad that my kenny account got banned. It got banned for no reason and I had done nothing wrong for a over a week. Shows how skilled the mod is around here, waiting a week to ban someone when they've already stopped trolling for a week. And I've used this account all day and they haven't even done anything. I was being nice before, now wanting to go back into troll mode. Come at me, mods. I've had enough bullshit for one week, this has pushed it major hard.

15. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

While I respect McFarlane as an artist, he isn't someone I trust because of what happened between him and Neil Gaiman

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/neil-g...rlane-is-the-funniest-thing-youll-read-today/

However, when it comes to the stores not wanting to carry the 5 inch line anymore, Todd, or his PR guy who handles the social media stuff, is being honest with you. I talked to the district manager of Walgreen's the other day and he said they were considering not selling them anymore, Barnes and Noble stopped stocking them after wave 4 or 5 bombed pretty bad, and Gamestop and TRU are stocking far fewer than they used to, and some Gamestop's aren't carrying them at all anymore. As for Target, they didn't start carrying them at the Target's out here in SoCal until wave six and they never carried that many to begin with. T

The Funko Pop TWD figures however, the Gamestop's are loaded with them, Barnes and Noble carries a ton of them, Hot Topic has loads of them, and Walgreen's is starting to carry more, and they're all selling.

As things stand right now I'd say Neca has the realistic figure market nailed down and people love their 6-7 inch scale figures because they're so life like, and Funko has the novelty toy market nailed down with their Pop figures and that lame Reaction line. Hell, they're making a Golden Girls line... and they will sell, which is sad.

#935 Deviancy, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  16. Losty

Losty New Member

Forgive me, I should've specified. Whoever runs the McFarlane facebook page is who I talked to, not Todd himself. They speak for Todd, though. Todd's kind of a creep, he made a few uncomfortable comments to the women on the page. I think he made some "size" jokes to them since they were asking for the 5" figures to be back. Kind of disturbing, would've been totally cool if he was making jokes like that to guys.

17. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

Dammit, I have to edit this post because Kennyisalive got banned again.

This is what, the 4th ban?

#937 Deviancy, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  18. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

For the record, for those who care, it appears the big headed mini figures are out now. There are a few sellers on Ebay selling them and I found out something I didn't know, they're mystery bag figures. In short, you have the chance of getting one of three figures, Daryl, Rick, or a walker.

I'm sure they'll be some interest in them, some like big headed figures otherwise those Funko Pop figures wouldn't be in every store I go into.

19. mummyman

mummyman Member

whats the news of comic book Rick Grimes New Beginning ? mr Evilchees had a review

20. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

Are you referring to Gimpy Meth Head Rick?

Skybound started selling them on the website and while I'm not a fan of the comic anymore, I think the color version looks pretty cool, and has a solid sculpt.

Release dates keep changing.. but according to the links below.. the figure is out now.

http://shop.thewalkingdead.com/products/the-walking-dead-rick-grimes-2016-action-figure-color

http://shop.thewalkingdead.com/products/the-walking-dead-rick-grimes-2016-action-figure-bloody-b-w