Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Actor choises... satisfied?

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Season 2' started by mandex85, May 2, 2016.

1. mandex85

mandex85 New Member

My opinion is they were lil iffy to begin with but now they brought in well known actor in both, the original and in fear,
    its rely a let down for me, shows like these should not have known actors, shows like these should be a buffer for new unknown actors, becouse lets face it lot of ppl will die, and if you bring in known actor, he will not propably die, if its not sean bean (LOL)...... he likes to die apparently, woulda been fit here.... either you use known actors from start or dont at all, this is just trying to get a booster for ratings now....

2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Who are the big names in Fear The Walking Dead? THe Mexicans I think I seen before.

also I presume Morgans actor is kinda big in TWD but he been there for long. Negans to of course is a semi big one. But thats it no?

3. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Don't take any issues with casting. I think all the actors are doing well in their assigned roles. Now as to whether the characters as written are likeable, or which ones have it together is another question.

But yes I think the actors are doing well.

4. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

I think they've all done well in the roles they were cast. I generally give the writers an F for the series, but there's always hope in Mudville.

I suspect Kim Dickens is the Big Recognizable Face of the series' casting. She's had a long history of films and TV. I first noticed her in the great li'l PALOOKAVILLE (1995), then the crime-drama TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES NM and the very fun ZERO EFFECT. Bruce Willis' MERCURY RISING (1998) was probably her biggest film-name to that point (although maybe the Gwyneth Paltrow version of GREAT EXPECTATIONS was more loaded with big names - but Kim was naturally relegated farther down the totem-pole).

She was given the lab-tech worker role in 2000's HOLLOW MAN (six-degree'd from Kevin Bacon, Elizabeth Shue and the wondrous chest of mirror'd Rhona Mitra). She's been placed in a number of decent films this century, and has been a steady on episode TV, too.

I suspect the casting agency considered her The Big Catch for the show.

But Kim's resumé is puny, time-wise, to Rubén Blades, who's been churning out films since 1983. Rubén's fallen on sparse Hollywood times since 2003, however, doing only a handful of appearances since then. And while Rubén has the longer history, he's seconded to the sad-faced Cliff Curtis and clutching at the coat-tails of "Strand" in this series. For now. We can always hope, though!

DougRay Scott is a fairly big cast name coming out of the UK, but it's unclear how long "Thomas Abigail" will last - DougRay is not going to be long without many other casting calls. His tanned face and blackened hair for his hispanic role only shows how many accents and looks he can offer to future producers.

If anyone stands to gain from this show, it's gotta be Colman Domingo, who isn't a stranger to TV or small-film, but I think he could be begging to be killed off so he can take every other role offered.

Michelle Ang has headlined small series before, and her Season 2 insertion as some tigress-to-be-explored will only help her career. I suspect she isn't merely waiting by the phone to ring, either.

#4 Cbcw76, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  5. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I think the actors and characters are all great. The writing and directing are really lame.