Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Actors and being part of something for this long

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by Marc, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

How do you think the actors feel right now? Reedus cried, Beth and/or Carol dying? I mean, you play this character for so long, befriend the actors both as a person and in character.

Friends and such gone for long but it is not the same. This is a brutal show, about human brutality and barbarianism. I cannot imagine, but I think it would shape people or make them think diffrently about things.

Also, isn't it ironic, now 5 seasons in, they speak of how useless Eugene is and that he only used the skills he had to survive? What would an actor do, in a zombie apocalypse? I would be useless to, Im a student of history and theology at a Scandinavian university with pretty bad physical shape right now after a decent high school shape. So I would be completely useless but a few uni friends promised they come get me if an outbreak happens :zombies_lol:

2. The Samurai

The Samurai Member

If you watch the behind the scenes videos, the actors go over how hard it is to lose somebody. Everyone on set kind of becomes like a family. This is a perfect video discussing it, with T-Dog and Lori's exit.

[video=youtube;q25-FQndx-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q25-FQndx-A[/video]

#2 The Samurai, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  3. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Why would you be useless? That kind of world changes you if you decide to change to survive. Negative thoughts would only make bad stuff.

Actors know their job and they're ready for everything. They have to. It's just the way it is in shows.

4. The Samurai

The Samurai Member

Exactly what [MENTION=4463]Agramer[/MENTION] said. You think you would be useless, but that world shapes you and makes you survive, one way or another. Depends how strong your will to live is.

5. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

Actors are an intense bunch I guess and maybe use to thinking their world is more important or justified than everyone else's :rolleyes:

We all build relationships with our coworkers and sometimes those friends move on, retire, get fired, or die real deaths. Those friends go through changes, life events, ups and downs, sometimes they save real lives together or save each other. I don't see how actors have extra special feels or relationships. :shrug:

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

What I think it comes down to is the intense amount of time they spend together. The filming is long, and then during off hours they're likely having dinner etc. At a typical job you go in for 8 hours, do your job, and go home. And in a lot of jobs much of that work is individual. A comparable example to the time spent with actors on a show might be firefighters who spend hours together during the day, lots of one on one etc. There are other jobs like this too. So I think it's not actors being different here, it's just that their time together is different and offers a greater chance of bonding than in your typical profession.

7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Perhaps, I just have a feeling I die so early on I would not even prove to be of any use at all :)

Thanks for the link to the behind the scenes!

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

If we are talking about the TWD world, 4999 out of 5000 of us would be useless, since we'd be walking corpses with most of our brain dead. So I wouldn't worry about it. :p. I'm in pretty good physical shape, and I like to think I could outrun the average person, but with those kinds of statistics, I'd likely be worthless too. ;)

9. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I'd like to think I'd fare off extremely well, but chances are I'd be devoured by a legless walker after trying to run away from it and I slip on a crayon or something.

10. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I'd be done in by the fact that I never got around to having LASIK. I'd be damn near blind, to walkers, without my contacts.

11. Neuropyramidal

These are actors but they are mostly actors who are quite strong and in good physical shape, so I think they'd have an advantage over the average joe. And actors sometimes have a lot of free time between jobs so they pick up other hobby's and skills. "

One thing that always strikes me is how emotional actors get. I've never seen a male cry when a coworker left a job, but they do it all the time when someone leaves a TV show. They aren't really living through a ZA together. When you think about it, how much has Norman really worked with Beth? They were in 2 episodes together in 4B. A few scenes together in 4A, and Daryl had a bottle episode away from her in 4A with the medication run. They've really only worked together for a handful of weeks since they filmed Welcome to the Tombs, 2 years ago. I suppose they've been together for a few Comic Cons and such as well, but still. I'm not criticizing him, its just an observation about emotions.

12. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

The question is, how much time have they spent together ? How many hours has it been? I can start missing people after some lessons at uni.

13. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I think they are pissed off everytime they add a new cast member, especially everyone who has been added in the last 3 yrs is terrible..

14. Neuropyramidal

Well, it could add more hours if they have spent a lot of time together at Comic Con weekends and such, but those things wouldn't end with Beth's death necessarily. She'll still be going to those events for awhile. And I can see missing someone, but crying for an hour is really missing someone lol.

I realize he did it kind of on purpose so he could get it out of his system before filming the scene.

15. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Well they need to fit into the budget. Not all are so bad

Yeah I guess. I presume its good to get it out of the system so he do not suddenly cry while filming, way before she dies or something.

16. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I think that this show and the actors go thru something akin to what we roadies go thru. We do the same freaking show for YEARS and yet we all go thru the travel, the heat, the bad times, the accidents and such together. I think they go thru alot of physical hardships with the heat and location shooting. But all this binds you together. So yeah, I would be sad when an act or roadie's contract was not renewed. We'd all go drink some beers and share some stories. But nowadays with email, social media and a cellphone growing out of everyone's ear, you can easily reconnect.