Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Advanced Warfare Multiplayer First Impressions.

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' started by PSIII, Nov 2, 2014.

1. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Alright, you know the drill. We'll soon be able to play the game on Day Zero and see what it's like. This'll be up in advance (before the official release). Post your early impressions.

Not impressed by the info and videos we've been getting of the game for the past couple months. I'll see if the actual gameplay holds up then. The main thing is if I have fun on the first session. The only game where I didn't have fun and in fact hated it was BO2 (worst launch ever), although Ghosts was rather lukewarm (marred with the early spawn issues).

*Will leave open instead of unlocking at launch. No posting of video leaks until then (here or in any other thread) though.*

2. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

The odd thing about the lead up to CoD:AW for me, has been the lack of hate regarding the changes to existing, or new perks. No one seems to be really concerned with what's been shown so far. Maybe in 24 hours that will all change.

It's CoD:BO2 v2.0 for sure. The graphics are very detailed, but the enemy gets lost in the backgrounds too easily. This will take some getting used to. Camping is is everywhere, like always, but especially on the rooftops. This will take some getting used to. Everyone is taking advantage of the new verticality to the gameplay at the moment, but I'm sure this trend will be become less noticeable in time. This is where you'll find the campers for the time being. In my opinion, a team with a 50/50 mix of campers and rushers will do very well.

Here's the negative things I've noticed. So far I've only played HCTDM and I've been victim of a few bad spawns already in the 2 hours I've played, so I'm guessing spawns will be the number one thing people complain about first. The location of the chat notification is annoying. It's virtually dead center of the screen and the font is quite big. Why? What was wrong with the way every other CoD game has displayed who's talking in the past? The pro gamers were saying this is the fastest CoD ever. HCTDM certainly isn't. The spawn delay timer in HCTDM is too long. It can be up to 15 seconds if you're unlucky. SG need to reduce this to 5 seconds maximum.

It's very hard to find and shoot down UAV's. They fly very low, so the buildings get in the way all the time and they are just hard to spot in general. The best way I've found to locate them, is to look for and track them by the contrails they leave behind. Adding to the problem is the length of time needed to pull out your Stinger launcher. The animation is quite long and fairly slow, so by the time you've got your Stinger ready to fire, the UAV has disappeared behind a building. You can skip the set up animation, by switching to your Stinger and letting the animation start just a little, then double tap triangle button (or "Y" button for Xbox players). This skips the animation, but it still makes using the Stinger a pain in the arse. Due to this, I can see the Low Profile perk being used by pretty much everyone.

Overall though, I'm loving it...

• Like Like x 1
  3. PSIII

Staff Member

OK, menu will take a while to get used to and navigate quickly.

Crucial tip: Stay on the ground. Don't jump around like a moron and get picked off.

*Edit*

OK, getting frustrated. Maps are not exactly big so far, they're just wide and open. It's very difficult to manage gunfights properly and people suddenly appear behind you.

For those who care about stats, you may want to practice up before jumping online. Or camp.

*Edit*

It may be the PS3 port. It's not good

Do NOT trust the mini map.

*Another Edit*

I can safely say that this game was a complete waste of my hard earned money. Get shot in the back a million times, get jumped by guys that magically appear, and can never live more than a few kills anywhere other than the edges of maps. Maps are vast collections of emptiness and bland design. It's basically Ghosts and BO2 mashed together.

There are so little guns in the game. The whole 300+ was a load of bullshit. The alternate "versions" of guns you get from supply drops are the same stuff you already have, just with minor buffs in stats. Shotguns have no place in the game (and there's only three). Sniping is possible (and satisfying to string some kills), but totally unviable as competing weapons. Submachine guns are usable, but only at close range. The game is mostly long range, so it's gonna be the six assault rifles. I can't imagine how that Akimbo LMG could possibly be usable in the game (not gonna try it). There's plenty of optics and we'll probably hear the complaints of the thermals and target enhancers soon.

12 killstreaks and you'll get bored of them fast. Hardly any AI options (no standard helicopter wtf), and the stuff either doesn't last long enough or get many kills.

TDM is garbage, don't pay it. Didn't have fun in FFA, Dom, or Hardpoint either. I only had fun in S&R.

I just hope the jumping and shit will not be appearing in any future CoDs. It's such a gimmick and was clearly shoehorned into this game. The maps and gameplay doesn't accomodate it well. It's basically playing those zero gravity mods in every match.

Gold camo Is dead, not that I really care. To get it is just 50 kills with no attachments.

What else. The mini-map will confuse you and get you killed. I'm not sure, but it's like they didn't scale it right and the red dots don't appear in the proper spots when enemies are shooting.

I can't tell if spawns are bad yet. I mean they're not good, but these maps make it hard to tell. You better check your back if your not at the edge or someone will spawn behind you.

There are NO footsteps in the game. I can't hear shit from enemies. Been snuck up on countless times. Lemme correct that, yeah you hear yours and your teammates footsteps.

This game is absolutely primed for DLC and it's pathetic.

There is nothing new and unique in multiplayer at all. Just rehashed everything in slightly different forms. Hell, they couldn't even copy right. No expanded sound options like in BO2, I can't seem to find the lobby leaderboard, the player count (showing the number of people online) doesn't exist, no theater mode, etc.

The connection is...weird. No host migrations at all, but some people lag. The ping bars go all over the place and you be gunned down by one bats as if they were four bars.

Like I said above, don't know if it's the PS3 port (speaking of which, the graphics are bad). But so far, I can see the game is bad and thrown together. Makes Ghosts look like a GOTY. ****, I'd rather rage in BO.

I'm telling you guys, for those who haven't made a purchase yet, wait awhile for more opinions over the next couple months or find a way to rent or something.

#3 PSIII, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

There have been things that make me angry, but after a few hours of play I am stil enjoying the game overall. I'll be back to post some more of my thoughts at a later time after playing some more.

-movement is..different
    -some people fly around going 25/25, and manage to kill you on a streak with their stupid side jump
    -maps seem okay, colors are okay
    -gameplay is fun
    -weapons are fun
    -scorestreak system is back!!
    -the 1HK pistol needs to be murdered
    -more than enough quickscopers right now, not too bothersome...they're keeping their distance so far
    -some of the weapons just seem stupid, the ARX with 3-round burst seems to take forever to kill..even though I only used it for 2 (short) lifespans, I've written it off as a possibility

• Like Like x 1
  5. PSIII

Staff Member

Use it with the grip I guess. I used it a lot. AK-12 is more reliable though.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I just don't like it, with all of the movement, it is difficult to land your shots IMO. Or up close with everyone gunning you down with the K5.

I prefer the first AR available (don't remember the name), but I do think the AK12 is good from picking it up off the ground.

• Like Like x 1
  7. musky123

musky123 Member

this game is good but,stupid with all the jumping around its to unrealistic and to much like titanfall.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hoggsynator

Hoggsynator Well-Known Member

I didnt pre-order, and i was basing my purchase on what you guys thought.
    Thanks PSIII for your great first impressions, i will skip buying it tonight and give it a few days to settle and for more great opnions on the game.

Also ive seen sem great scores reagrding reviews for this game mainly sitting 8/10 on most sites.

Quick question: whats a side jump?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stovy4x4ing

Stovy4x4ing Member

Great game so far. A little disappointing in the graphics tho. Thought they would be a better but its COD.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stovy4x4ing

Stovy4x4ing Member

there is a game mode where u have no jump or exo stuff. .. But I think it adds a new element to the game and makes it more fun IMO..

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stovy4x4ing

Stovy4x4ing Member

So the unlock code for the cross bow is useless... I mean you gotta get to level 48 stil to use ? wtf .. Its super useless just because of that ..

12. PSIII

Staff Member

It'll pass. Ghost and BO2 started around with those scores. MW3 and before started with no less than nine.

It's the maps, movement, and the lack of proper sound. You need to pick an area of the map and just sit there and look left and right, otherwise you'll be overwhelmed. The jumping just adds another level of frustration to the typical CoD BS shenanigans. It's not like Titanfall, where the movements were properly implemented into the game.

Run silencers and UAVs....

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

It's more a boost, but you can do it in mid-air after jumping. It's a quick boost dash to the left or right using the exo-suit. Once you start to moving left or right, you can press the sprint button and you'll boost in the direction your moving.

I don't see it being used very much on the PS4, but it's a bit startling when someone actually does it when you run into them. I like it though, because it reminds you that CoD:AW isn't just a another carbon copy of previous games (although it's pretty damn close to CoD:BO2)...

14. PSIII

Staff Member

So awful. No amount of preparation and skill can protect you from dying from behind in this game. The second you move, someone leaps out of thin air and kills you. All luck, little skill. Whoever on the development team who actually thought that enemy footsteps shouldn't exist being a good idea needs to be shot. You hear your gear clanking against your body, but you can't hear the three guys lumbering like elephants towards you in the next room. No sound perks and the Exo ability to silence your footsteps is of course useless.

15. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

You do know the Classic playlist exists, right? I mean, if you're getting mad at exo movements, go play Classic.

16. Futurelly

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty much what I have to say.

• Like Like x 1
  17. PSIII

Staff Member

When it displays no more than a few good games in the lobby?

Yeah, that's not an option. Nobody plays it.

*Edit*

Lol, just saw Xcalizorz stream. Safe to safe his AW playtime won't be very long.

18. Futurelly

Welp, can't blame Sledgehammer for your frustration. :)

19. PSIII

Staff Member

You can if it's a bad game.

Actually, no offense, but that's a pretty dumb thing to say. I've tallied up eight freezes so far (where I've had to cut the system off). Can't blame Sledgehammer for that, huh?

#19 PSIII, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
  20. Futurelly

No, you can't blame them for adding an exo suitless playlist if you're getting mad at the exo suits. Because you said "nobody plays it". Not really Sledgehammer's fault for adding an alternative, more so a problem with ego not wanting to play it because "nobody plays it."