Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

AFTH Podcast Discussion "Blood in the Streets"

Discussion in 'Episode 204 - Cherokee Rose' started by AFTHPodcast, May 3, 2016.

1. AFTHPodcast

AFTHPodcast New Member

And we're back! What did you guys think of Sunday's episode? We were really excited to put some puzzle pieces together and learn more about Mr. Mystery Man Strand.

You can follow the link below to our podcast episode and find out more about what we thought about this episode.

http://aimfortheheadpodcast.libsyn.com/s2-e4-blood-in-the-streets

Do you think Alex crossed paths with Conner and gave our crew's names up? Or do you think Alicia is lying and told Jack more than she is letting on?

Let us know and maybe we will talk about it on our next podcast episode!

Thanks so much for all of your downloads, we really appreciate it!

2. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

We know Alicia told so much that she couldn't even remember what she said - this is her astute training as a young teen with no sense of social conduct other than Twitter abbreviations. When she was tying up Daniel and he made the "how much did you tell them?" accusation, her eyes rolled and she was questioning herself. Even she didn't know how much - so she chose her most commonly-used behavior: lies and cover-ups, deny deny deny. And minimize.

But this was still all Strand's fault. Not Alicia's. Alicia baited the hook two days earlier and at least 150 sea-miles away. It was Strand who, with knowledge of her misdeeds, put the boat at a standstill, left the bridge, left Whiny-Child Chris 'in charge' of the midwatch and went to sleep with no obvious instructions to Chris. This was all Strand. Including creating the need to send Nick ashore and the need to stop the boat in the first place. All Strand.

As for Alex, all she could have said, from 60-70 sea-miles away, was "They went thataway." She didn't exactly have a sextant and radar to track them. Connor did that himself, and Strand parked himself conveniently to let it happen. I'm hoping that Alex is still around and shows up at some point. Now that the Strand's History Mystery is bared, Alex's awareness of the virus is the next big mystery. I say she was part of the lab or research facility and knew about it, knew when to flee but was a bit too late.

#2 Cbcw76, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  3. AFTHPodcast

AFTHPodcast New Member

Thanks so much for your insight! I'm still not sure it was Alicia that gave Jack all of the names. We did see her talking about the yacht and she didn't (while we were watching) tell him it was Strand's yacht, she just said it wasn't theirs (her family) But I like your point of view.

I agree that Strand left them wide open for an attack while sending Nick on a mission to go get Luis.

As for Alex, I really hope we see her again. There is a lot of mystery there as to why she knows so much about the virus. She is super badass and I want to see more of her. I agree that she wouldn't have been able to help Conner locate our group but we know she saw the name of the boat. We know she learned names of our group in the short amount of time she was with them. If Alicia mentioned the name of the boat to Jack in their talks, then we could have a trifecta of information being given to Conner. Between what Alicia said, possible information from Alex and then Strand letting the boat be vulnerable.

Thanks for your opinions!

-Julie

4. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

I'm coming up with too many questions that always result in the same answer: "The Writers are idiots." More on this point in a moment.

OK, so Strand 'creates' the boarding situation. But why was sending Nick ashore necessary anyway? Luis and Strand both knew Luis was a critical pickup point. Why wasn't Luis in communication with Strand? Why wasn't Luis - obviously Abigail's gunsel and evil-deed-do'er - given a satellite phone? Why didn't he have ship-to-shore radio comms?

We should assume that Luis is not an untrustworthy person, not to Abigail, probably not to Strand (as much as Strand trusts anyone, that is). So why wasn't Luis given communication devices?

If he had them, then there was ZERO NEED for Nick to swim ashore. But there he is. In all his hypothermic splendor. The boat had to stop for hours. Nick had to go ashore. Instructions had to be written to locate the house.

All of that because Luis had no communications.

Uh. "Gee - just call up Abigail and say, 'OK, call Luis. We're in position now. He can load up the zodiac and I'll have the redlights blinking for him to follow. We're two miles off-shore, circling." Why wasn't this done? If Abigail is the one relaying all messages, fine - relay one more! What's the problem?

Are the writers really going to insist that Thomas Abigail needs his beauty rest after midnight, so "no phone calls, no matter what"?!! Gee - the last idiot who did something like that was named Adolf before he retired in the wee hours of June 6, 1944. "Don't wake me until noon, no matter what." Du-uh.

Why didn't Luis have a sat-phone, therefore? He just bribed Mexican officials (probably one patrol boat) so he was given access to money. But not to a sat-phone?!! HUH?!! The only reason for Luis not to have a sat phone is that "I left it at home! Sorry! Walked off and it was still charging!" Yeah well... I guess. Any other reasons?

5. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

Another question to pose - "Why was Strand in LA at all?"

He was talking to "the Council" about the purchase of the 'other piece of property.' OK. Fair enough.

Except... uh... Phase I is where Luis is. Down at the border, outside of San Ysidro. That's 150 miles south of LA.

There are dozens councils, counties and city gov'ts between LA and Phase II's property location. What LA-area "council" is giving out San Ysidro purchase approvals?

None. This is a writer's fantasy trip. "We need a character based in LA." "We have another character based around the border." No need to do good writing to explain the differences. Such as Strand telling Thomas Abigail, "I'll drive up to San Ysidro early in the morning, go to the council. All done."

Thomas: "What about the boat?"

"Then I'll drive up on LA, get the boat, leave the car in the garage and come back."

Three lines explain it. I mean, it's not like BLOOD IN THE STREETS was devoid of dialog, after all.

The FWTD writers are using same tired ol' ploys as TWD and so many others have before. yawn.