Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Aiden's Death-Spike Confession

Discussion in 'Episode 514 - Spend' started by WalkingBuckeye, Mar 16, 2015.

1. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

When Aaron first met the group, one of the things he found remarkable was the fact that they hadnt turned on one another. They were starving, etc, but hey stuck together and helped one another. Maybe he saw something in them that he didnt see in his own group.

2. JFAN

JFAN Member

The others at the construction site did the same thing when that girl got surrounded. Then even after Abraham saved her and the walkers were all dead they were ready to run back to their walls. Wonder how many were in that community to begin with that they didn't bother to help protect if it meant putting their own life in danger. No wonder they need outsiders.

3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Yes, Adien and Nicholas both tend to leave people behind. Tobin said the same thing.

It is even interesting that Gabe told Deanna, accusing Rick's group will do the same (ie putting their own lives ahead of the people of ASZ) when a time will come.

(I think Gabe will be proven wrong. I think one of Rick's people will sacrifice himself/herself to save a character of ASZ.)

4. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

What exactly did he say? I and the others I was watching with didnt understand what he had said.

5. kd25ad

kd25ad New Member

I don't think it was a warning at all. He just respects Glenn and wanted to come clean about the whole thing.

6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Tobin told the people to go back to the safety of the trucks. Later, when Abe asked why to leave people just to die, Tobin said "We have rules, we have a system to run things..." (something like this, I cannot remember the exact wordings).

So, it seems that ASZ (at least their construction crew) has a set of rules to retreat to self preserve and just leave the needy behind.

7. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

I know they left Aiden alive for the dramatic effect of being ripped apart, but I would have expected Glen to put a bullet in his brain once he realized he couldn't save him.

8. darthprasad

darthprasad New Member

Makes you wonder how these scouts and foragers survived for so long being as clueless as they are.
    They're just lucky the governor wasn't in their neighborhood.

9. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

Nicholas should not be taken back to Alexandria. That serves no purpose. Glenn is a morally brave man but too tied to the values of the pre Walker world to survive much longer. He hasn't adapted lime Carol has. He's putting all his people in danger by keeping Nicholas alive.

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

A man who admits his fears and cowardice shall live to die another die. He got nothing to worry about. He can only rise above. The man who tries to uphold his heroic personality is full of shit. Rick is a heroic man without being cocky, so is Daryl, Carol is a heroic woman. But neither of these has that disgusting "Im awesome" personality.

A man who is a coward will find ways to survive. His cowardness saved lives. The cockyness sure didn't. That shallow cockyness just shows they want to look cool infront of others and care to much about themself and how others see em.

Oh boy...Imagine if Ricks Prison, Guvs Woodbury and Gareths Terminus all found Alexandria upon the same week from an direction each...the warzone!

11. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Well, in a sense, Nicholas actually confessed first. Before Aiden even said anything about it Nicholas began panicking as he helped Glenn try to free Aiden; ready to concede and run for his own life leaving them all behind Nicholas leans in close to Aiden and whispers to him mouth-to-ear--"It was us before. That's just who we are. I'm sorry"--and then he takes off leaving Aiden, Glenn and Noah behind.

12. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

LOL that's great!

But, you know, I'm surprised they're making Nicholas such a terrible, cowardly person on the show. I mean, in the comic he and Rick had their differences in the beginning, and again a little later. But they quickly and easily made amends, Nicholas saw the error of his ways and he came around. He actually wound up being a strong, reliable, courageous soldier, a complete loyalist to Rick and his goals and ideals and last but not least a good husband and father. At first I thought they were portraying those initial issue Nicholas had with this behavior on the show; but at this point he's gone too far. I mean, I feel like there's no coming back and ascending to a level of trusted asset to the community and friend and adviser to the leader.

13. JFLP

JFLP Member

True, but as you said, he whispered it to Aiden mouth-to-ear. He didn't want Glenn and Noah to hear him. Aiden on the other hand, directly told Glenn what he had done.

14. JFLP

JFLP Member

No, I mean, Aiden, knowing he was going to die, told Glenn about what he had really done, how he had left his mates behind to die, and then told Glenn to give up (with that simple "No").

I think Nicholas, if he had been in the same situation Aiden was, would have probably insisted on the others saving him no matter what. He would have never accepted his death, and never confess what he had done.

15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's entirely possible that they're moving in a different direction than the comic and Rick and Co. just take control of the community on their own. Aside from Aaron, none of these people are very capable. The way Tobin just gave up running the construction crew when Abe showed just a bit of leadership was funny.

16. JFLP

JFLP Member

I'm surprised (and also disappointed) that they made Nicholas what he is now. Causing the death of Noah and leaving Aiden behind will not be easily forgivable.

Nicholas in the comic series was a bearded badass. Nicholas in the TV series is a coward with a pedophile moustache. Even the facial hair makes a big difference.

17. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I can see where this is coming from, but I also saw an echo of "Triggerfinger" S02E09, as Glenn may recall how hard Rick fought to free Randall from the fence--- And Randall was not exactly part of the group. It is so nice to see them molding Glenn into something closer to his comic counterpart and away from the "lovesessed" whiner he had settled into. I had all but given up on him since he was a pale shade from print, but this is more Glenn than I had ever hoped to see again. This is the first time since season 2 that I have not been looking forward to him following in the footsteps drawn for him...

Aiden was warming up to Glenn, but he was still stuck on himself and unable to take simple advice from a pro... This will be much of the same lesson that many more ASZ residents will soon learn; "Pay attention, or pay the piper!"

18. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah i don't think he's going to be given a chance after that.

Did you watch the talking dead? Josh McDermitt says 'Noah got Otis'd' lol

19. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

I thought that Tobin giving up leadership of the construction crew was an example of a decent guy doing what was best for the group. He put aside his own ego, his own position of leading the crew, for the good of everyone, himself included.

I saw it as admirable, and a message that not everyone is OK with their M.O. of fleeing danger instead of dealing with it.

20. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Aiden got what was coming to him, but I wish it would have been Nicholas. He was the bigger d-bag.