Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Aiden's Death-Spike Confession

Discussion in 'Episode 514 - Spend' started by WalkingBuckeye, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I didn't really see it as admirable since he was going to initially leave that woman to die before Abe stepped up. Obviously this group has been pretty weak and cowardly overall. I think Tobin just sees in Abraham a strong guy who will help protect him.

This is the perfect community for Gabriel to fit into.

2. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

I saw it as admirable since he figured out that Abe's way is better. He learned from what he saw and got that there is a better way.

But, I'm an optimist...I do think he's much less likely to leave someone behind again without trying to save them.

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Great post [MENTION=42532]Bettie[/MENTION] - could not have summed it up better myself if I had tried!!

4. Charmander

Charmander Member

I don't know, I think it was trumped by Noah's!

5. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Really great ideas, folks. Like some of you, I had started to warm to Aiden just the teeniest little bit after he acquiesced to Glenn's suggestion that they check the perimeter, and again when he gave them props ("You really know your stuff"). I'm not sure whether he heard Glenn shouting "No" b/c he (Aiden) was firing away and that may have obscured Glenn's words.

I think an interesting philosophical divide is going to emerge w/in the existing ASZ members: those who see that it is possible to fight the roamers and save others, vs. those who continue to believe that the only way to survive them is to avoid them--even if that means leaving someone behind. Tobin falls into the "Let's learn from these people" camp, and I think Aiden might have done so in time.

6. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

I don't think there was enough time. Noah pulled Glenn away at the last possible moment before Aiden was swarmed.

7. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

I agree with you on this.

First, I was sorry Aiden died, because he was coming around and how he changed would have been an interesting story.

There is going to be a divide, but I don't think it will play out the way Nicholas likely expects it to when he tells his version of the run.

There will be more supporters of Rick's group than he expects.

However, too many of the people in the Safe Zone are living as if nothing out of the ordinary is happening outside of the walls. They live in nice houses, with electricity most of the time...all the comforts of life "before". Yes, they have lost people, they have lost some of their own lives, but those who don't leave the walls don't seem to have a real understanding of what those who live outside have to do simply to survive. Even when they leave, they have vehicles to retreat to, they have homes to come back to, food, and walls to keep them safe.

They don't want to see the world as it is, inside the walls, they can pretend that it never happened.

They have not had to truly fight for their survival yet. They don't even know what that means.

When they do, they will turn to Rick's group for help.

Or I might just be reading way too much into a TV show, who knows.

8. Screaminleeman

I couldn't hear that "confession" very well.

Good thing for this forum, as I was going to have to ask what Aiden said. I mistook the line as meaning that the current Alexandrian's were not the originals from the walled "community".

9. Foxness

Foxness New Member

I also remember Aiden saying in the episode before remember( before they went out on the dry run) Noah said he lost his father, Aiden said ."Sorry, I've been having to say sorry a lot lately " which to everyone's point sounds like they do leave others behind in order to save their own lives.

10. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

If glen shows up with only people from ricks group it will look really bad for them. Keeping nick alive for now was the right move

11. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Yup. That's the first thing that both Tyler James Williams and Steven Yeun have mentioned in interviews as a reason for bringing back Nick alive.

12. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I agree; and Rick's group also lost a member. That, and keeping Nick the Prick alive might help counter Deanna's fears, esp. following Gabe's supreme Dick move.

Deanna thanked Glenn again before this run; I suspect that she actually trusts him and Maggie the most insofar as the combination of courage and moral compass is concerned. She could imagine Aiden needing to have his ass kicked; if she could see that in her own son, and she's a good judge of character, she'll suss out that Nick's story just doesn't fly.

13. Foxness

Foxness New Member

Totally agree.

14. Busted Flipflop

I agree. I wish they had done a mercy killing and put a bullet in Aidan's head before he got eaten alive.

15. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Aiden did the right thing to tell everything to Glenn so they could all know what kind of person Nicholas is. Nicholas will have consequences, but I'm still not sure what will Deanna do... She carries Gabriel's (false) description of Rick's group, plus son's death who was with Rick's people.

16. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Heh, Nicholas is such a sack of shit, I hope they keep him around to keep things interesting. He kinda reminds me of Douglas in the comics a bit, or Flashman.
    The sort of miserable bastard that would do anything or risk anyone to save himself. Horrible person to know, but makes for entertaining viewing in a "if I see him again I'm gonna smash the screen" kinda way.

17. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

I agree with this interpretation 100%. Tobin sees and knows Abe to be the better man. He saw Abe's heroic actions inspire his fellow ASZ'er to charge back into battle to save the others. Upon arrival back at the ASZ, he immediately goes to the leader, admits his glaring shortcomings, and gives Abe a ringing endorsement. At that moment, Tobin sets his ego aside and demonstrates wanting to be a better man. I got the same vibe from Aiden when he deferred to Glenn's judgment that they should check the exterior first.

18. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

Yep, I got the same thing from Aiden too. It made me a little sad when he died.

But, I didn't think Aiden was beyond hope, he was young and, sadly, about the toughest guy they had in the ASZ.

19. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Not at all sure I agree with the keeping Nick alive sentiment. Nick is just the kind of guy who will wait till he is alone with Deanna and then spin some BS story about how he tried to save her son, while the rest wimped out. He'll pass the blame on, and do it when our guys are not around to tell the other side of the story.

20. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

Nick is a skilled survivor. Just as much as Rick or Eugene. He just has different skills and strategies. He will already have his strategy for what to do and say when they return worked out. And it will be based on long experience of how to influence Deanna and her people. I rate him as by far the greatest threat to Rick's group because they underestimate him. Watch out for him aligning with Gabriel. I predict he will kill a major character.