Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

AL weighs in on the near rape scene

Discussion in 'Episode 416 - A' started by Sharpie61, Apr 8, 2014.

1. cpump

cpump Member

Yea glad Riggs kept his pants on but woulda liked to see
    Rick tear tht guy up

2. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

agree on the pants thing... the sound for the gutting of Dan was amazing though.

3. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

i for one saw enough, the scene was handled well to me

4. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

Filthy old man deserved it. I wouldn't mind more graphic scenes.

5. KittenMittens

KittenMittens New Member

This.

What we saw was enough (for me at least) to welcome the sight of one man biting the artery out of another mans neck. If what we saw was enough for me to want this, then why on earth would I want (or need) a more graphic child rape scene?!

6. pjd

pjd New Member

not unarmed

he was justified in dropping the invader
    so told to drop weapon
    after 2 heart beats i would have also dropped him as he could have easly taken both carl and hersel with the 12 gauge

7. pjd

pjd New Member

i dont think it was even close
    the gun was still in his hands generally pointed in there direction
    too slow = dead

8. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

heck yeah. it may appear to be the most ambiguous moment in TWD history, but if we really look at that scene and analyze every last detail, we can understand exactly what's going on.

there is no way we could ever really know what was going through jody's mind (besides carl's bullet) but if we look at what he does, we can figure out what he was up to. firstly, look at the way he was "tacticooling" his way through the prison. he was on point-- and he was there for blood. also, i could've sworn the governor told them to make sure they have a sidearm, so he likely had either a second gun or a knife he didn't tell them about. but the dead giveaway of his intentions is the way he reacted to Carl, Hershel, and Beth. he was told to drop the gun. he didn't. ok, let's just assume he was afraid it would spontaneously fire if he dropped it. if he REALLY wanted to hand the gun over, the process is quite simple: point the gun straight up in the air, turn the safety off, preferably open the action, and then remove the trigger hand from the gun, handing the gun to carl by the forearm. but jody did the exact opposite of that. he kept the safety off, his finger right by the trigger, and as you said, he kept the gun quite dangerously close to pointing at carl. which is exactly what you wouldn't do if you were planning on handing the gun over, and exactly what you would do if you were planning on using Carl as a human shield while you killed hershel and beth. (and judith)

Welcome to the Forums, btw.

9. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree with this ^

I never had an issue with what Carl did and think it was probably the right thing to do. Hershel was just being Hershell .. hahaha

10. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

i know it wasn't their intent… but hershel really pissed me off in the finale, i'm not gonna lie. i still like his character, but he was of a different mind for a different time. you need to be brutal to survive in the zombie apocalypse. try and hold onto your humanity, yes. don't let the dark side control you. never lose sight of the differences between right and wrong. yes, yes, yes, and yes. those are all good things. but you CANNOT simply plug your ears and shut your eyes and make the new reality of this world go away.

11. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

I had no issue with this scene I thought it was well written and well played out

12. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

You deserve a gold f***king medal for this post.

I also fail to see, even how Andrew Lincoln discusses it, as "monstrous" to want some of the above; not as bloodlust but human desire for justice. And with such a depraved act, it is nothing less than human if a traumatized victim somewhat enjoys seeing the perpetrator punished (Rick gutting the rapist, biting Joe, etc). It's slightly insulting to characterize any of this as a monstrous part of someone, when it's a rather primal human reaction to being brutally assaulted. The only ones comparable to being and/or having "monsters" within are the group of sicko rapists who attacked them.

Also, Carl killing Jody was a completely required and justified kill that Herschel grossly mischaracterized by saying he "gunned that boy down". Not to mention Carl wasn't proud nor did he have an itchy trigger finger... he gave that enemy soldier more time than most people would who are trained in combat.

#32 AnnieOakley, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016